Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is archived. Please visit the new forums at www.silverstackers.com. Password reset may be required!

#1 2017-03-15 15:10:58

Roswell Crash Survivor
Silver Stacker
Trades :   32 

The Fed raises USD rates

Reuters wrote:

The U.S. Federal Reserve raised interest rates on Wednesday for the second time in three months...the decision to lift the target overnight interest rate by 25 basis points to a range of 0.75 percent to 1.00 percent marked one of the Fed's most convincing steps yet in the effort to return monetary policy to a more normal footing.

Weirdly, both XAUUSD and AUDUSD perked up on this news.

Last edited by Roswell Crash Survivor (2017-03-15 15:11:22)

The Roswell Crash Survivor

#2 2017-03-15 15:55:35

barneyrubble
Silver Stacker
Trades :   10 

Re: The Fed raises USD rates

Roswell Crash Survivor wrote:

Weirdly, both XAUUSD and AUDUSD perked up on this news.

It appears that silver (and gold) spiked on the rate hike announcement too.

#3 2017-03-15 16:13:49

Altima
Silver Stacker
Trades :   64 

Maybe they were expecting the rate hike to be much higher?

"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."
WTS: 2oz .999 Fine Silver Destiny Series Coins (First in Series)

#4 2017-03-15 16:54:19

bordsilver
Silver Stacker
Trades :   36 

US bond market crash in progress?

The only good tax is a repealed tax.

#5 2017-03-15 17:05:03

Gullintanni
Trades :   

This spike in metals i suspect is going to be followed by an almighty DROP>
This may be the bounce before we fall through the floor.
Pm's should have gone the other way on this hike so i am feeling better about my cashing out earlier in the year.
Might even see my $14 by the end of the month.
Or altima is right and the hike was not as big as expected.

#6 2017-03-15 18:59:54

willrocks
Silver Stacker
Trades :   29 

It's the beginning of the end ... for the USD

"You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

#7 2017-03-15 19:50:03

BuggedOut
Trades :   39 

A case of buy the rumor and sell the fact.  No surprises in the Fed action (and commentary) so the money parked on the sidelines is moving back in with a bit more confidence.

Gold bouncing of a good support level and I'm quietly confident it can edge higher from here over coming weeks.

#8 2017-03-16 00:08:39

SilverDJ

Gullintanni wrote:

This spike in metals i suspect is going to be followed by an almighty DROP>
This may be the bounce before we fall through the floor.
Pm's should have gone the other way on this hike so i am feeling better about my cashing out earlier in the year.
Might even see my $14 by the end of the month.

I cashed out my silver a little while back too.
Partly through need, but I also think (hope) it's going to drop further.
Of course it won't now, you watch...

The following user says thank you for this post: Gullintanni

#9 2017-04-03 18:28:14

JOHNLGALT
Trades :   

Raising interest rates while in a Recession will only make the $U.S stronger, contracting it's economy further and sending the country into a Depression.

This may be intentional.  _JOHNLGALT,

#10 2017-04-03 20:51:13

Ipv6Ready
Silver Stacker

RNOVARAJOHNLGALT wrote:

Raising interest rates while in a Recession will only make the $U.S stronger, contracting it's economy further and sending the country into a Depression.

On what metric, do you think US is in a recession?

Unemployment rate is 4.7%
GDP Growth rate is to estimated to 2.1%

WTB 4 to 6 grams of pure gold. Don't care if it is coin, bar or granules. Near spot, suits anyone who has been tempted to open a certicard or just have some granules to make a ring

#11 2017-04-03 22:12:03

JOHNLGALT
Trades :   

"On what metric, do you think US is in a recession?

GDP Growth rate is to estimated to 2.1%"

Thanks for the reply, I've just joined so I don't know if I'm doing this right.

John Williams at SHADOWSTATS Website has calculated the U.S. unemployment @ over 20% using 1980's methodology before the Gov't started rigging the measures used to calculate it in earnest.
The GDP growth they use is calculated using Airy-Fairy make-believe money.
Gross Domestic product should be measured using just that i.e PRODUCTS PRODUCED. _JOHNLGALT.

#12 2017-04-03 23:50:52

errol43
Silver Stacker
Trades :   

Ipv6Ready wrote:
RNOVARAJOHNLGALT wrote:

4.7% unemployment rate????  neutral  3,000,000 in prison + 47 million on food stamps????

Regards Errol 43

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: argento, Topherclaus

#13 2017-04-04 03:14:45

JOHNLGALT
Trades :   

Thanks to the SITE KEEPER for changing my username to JOHNLGALT as requested.

The LOG-IN had me fooled for a while until I realised what had happened. Thanks again _JOHNLGALT.

#14 2017-04-04 03:38:00

Ipv6Ready
Silver Stacker

errol43 wrote:
Ipv6Ready wrote:
RNOVARAJOHNLGALT wrote:

4.7% unemployment rate????  neutral  3,000,000 in prison + 47 million on food stamps????

Regards Errol 43

It would be normal for 47 million Americans to be on food stamps. Minimum wage in American is $7.25 an hour.
America is for the wealthy if you are poor Life sux but what of it.

3,000,000 in prison, pfft thought it would be more. Still doesn't mean recession.

WTB 4 to 6 grams of pure gold. Don't care if it is coin, bar or granules. Near spot, suits anyone who has been tempted to open a certicard or just have some granules to make a ring

#15 2017-04-04 04:33:05

Ipv6Ready
Silver Stacker

Ipv6Ready wrote:
errol43 wrote:
Ipv6Ready wrote:

Regards Errol 43

It would be normal for 47 million Americans to be on food stamps. Minimum wage in American is $7.25 an hour.
America is for the wealthy if you are poor Life sux but what of it.

3,000,000 in prison, pfft thought it would be more. Still doesn't mean recession.

Had to look this up about 10million Australians including children get some sort of welfare benefits, though if we take out family benefits it still mean 5.1 million get welfare from 25 million, which is about 20% of the population.

Americans it's only 47m of 350million who get food stamps is at 13%, not so bad compared to Australia.

Also something Australia should look to stop welfare payment being wasted alcohol and drugs especially if the recipients have history of blowing the money drugs etc.

Last edited by Ipv6Ready (2017-04-04 06:42:17)

#16 2017-04-04 04:52:58

JOHNLGALT
Trades :   

@Ipv6Ready  I still haven't figured out how to reply as you do.  But this seems to work.

All of the stats you are after can be found at the usdebtclock site, Just put that in a search engine and be fascinated at the numbers. all the best _JOHNLGALT.

p.s. My username has been changed from RNOVARAJOHNLGALT  to JOHNLGALT.

The following user says thank you for this post: Ipv6Ready

#17 2017-04-04 05:01:32

Ipv6Ready
Silver Stacker

JOHNLGALT wrote:

@Ipv6Ready  I still haven't figured out how to reply as you do.  But this seems to work.

All of the stats you are after can be found at the usdebtclock site, Just put that in a search engine and be fascinated at the numbers. all the best _JOHNLGALT.

p.s. My username has been changed from RNOVARAJOHNLGALT  to JOHNLGALT.

Nah those figure doesn't alarm me, it's big but America is a big country. But when you divide US debt by 350 million people and compare that Australian debt by 25million, it is just a meh, I'd be more alarmed about NZ.

#18 2017-04-04 06:10:05

SilverBum
Trades :   

I would agree that US is starting to enter a downturn.  However I would argue it isn't a recession but actually a depression. 

Ever since the election retail has taken a big hit. Riots,civil unrest, is not a good economic indicator. I ask people like waitress's and waitors and they say there peak times are now the weekend and that is about it. 

The fed was "expecting 3% " in first quarter.  The very day that the rate hike was officially announced a government agency revised downed to 0.9 %.  A reporter actually asked Jamet Yellen about this at her press briefing about the rate hike to which she looked around and then reiterated her confidence in the market. 

Why do I believe a depression and not just a recession.  Sure we have a large portion of our population in jail.  We have prisons for profit in the US.  But if you really factor unemployment as you would preBush Jr the rate is over the rate of the 1929 era depression.

Sure we have a media that tells us everything is alright, but they also tell us Killary Klinton was gonna be president. That war is good and personalities in the media are nothing but new Disney characters that are more goofy, outlandish, then the original Goofy himself. 

It is my belief that the US Dollar already has lost its world reserve status.  Russia and China announced a new clearing bank in the last week. China has not touched the dollar since 2008 all interest payments have been in gold. Iran announced I think there timeline was by June they would stop using the US dollar for Oil. 

The US only has two options again IMO.  War or hyperinflation just once let them not pick war as I believe Iran would Satelite Nuke us unleashing an EMP in the atmosphere and likely in this scenario 9 of 10 will die within a year. 

I am reminded of an old comedian Bill Hicks saying
"Folks its time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because, um – they're no longer relevant. We're supposed to keep evolving. Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs. You do know that, right?"

I am not trying to push the evolution agenda but rather this thought of not only are they no longer relevant but they are designed to fail.  Worldwide look at the world and tell me I am wrong. 

Bill Hicks also said

"the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas".

#19 2017-04-04 06:19:16

Ipv6Ready
Silver Stacker

If America let out all the prisoners, will it enter into a golden era of economic growth, would they contribute enough if at all?

If there is a depression, what comes next a recovery, a boom and a bust for the cycle to go on again or will there be a revolution and will everyone call each other comrades and work for good of each other, be it doctors or street sweepers earning the same every week.

Though after depression USA might recover to find out they are no longer the biggest economy in the world.

#20 2017-04-04 06:21:25

SilverBum
Trades :   

Also I believe the reason the fed is raising rates is on some level to keep the world perspective that of confident.  But also so they can throw 0 interest rates back along with QE what ever number that will be now. 

People have said that the dollar collapse will be the one biggest event in human history.  I don't have enough of a world view to know if this is accurate or not.  I know the impact

Thoughts????

Also the economist magazine in 1988 had a cover of a Phoenix rising from the ashes with a headline of 2018 gold standard.  Nearly 20 years and look 20 trillion dollars of debt.  I think they were right because they were privy to the plan all that time ago.

#21 2017-04-04 06:31:06

Ipv6Ready
Silver Stacker

True but the last reserve currency that fell was the pound and that barely coursed a ripple.

The importance of Americans to the rest of the world is big no doubt about it, but as all civilisation wane like Britain, Spain and Dutch before it won't be more than decade of slow growth nothing more.

Look at Venezuela and Zimbabwe economy have become tinpot countries but people still live and eat.

#22 2017-04-04 06:31:39

SilverBum
Trades :   

Ipv6Ready wrote:

If America let out all the prisoners, will it enter into a golden era of economic growth, would they contribute enough if at all?

If there is a depression, what comes next a recovery, a boom and a bust for the cycle to go on again or will there be a revolution and will everyone call each other comrades and work for good of each other, be it doctors or street sweepers earning the same every week.

Though after depression USA might recover to find out they are no longer the biggest economy in the world.

Umm if poop hits the fan I see no scenario in which any prisoners are left alive. I have heard talk (third hand) that indicates there is a plan already in place.  True or not, since I have no way of verifying this information. 

What got America and the bankers out of the Great Depression?   WAR

As far as the future who knows? My point is this, It is up to the people to decide.  Not listen to people who have an agenda and a vested steak in the outcome. 

Also have a couple of countries already started the everybody gets $x to live off.  I remember seeing stories about it the last year however never read one.

#23 2017-04-04 06:33:31

SilverBum
Trades :   

Ipv6Ready wrote:

True but the last reserve currency that fell was the pound and that barely coursed a ripple.

The importance of Americans to the rest of the world is big no doubt about it, but as all civilisation wane like Britain, Spain and Dutch before it won't be more than decade of slow growth nothing more.

Look at Venezuela and Zimbabwe economy have become tinpot countries but people still live and eat.

Umm Venezuela I hear they killed the animals at the zoo so the populace can live and eat.

The following user says thank you for this post: Ipv6Ready

#24 2017-04-04 06:38:35

Ipv6Ready
Silver Stacker

SilverBum wrote:

Also the economist magazine in 1988 had a cover of a Phoenix rising from the ashes with a headline of 2018 gold standard.  Nearly 20 years and look 20 trillion dollars of debt.  I think they were right because they were privy to the plan all that time ago.

As a matter of interest what does gold standard mean to you, does going to gold standard mean, US just clears all debt and replace it with gold, bearing in mind vast majority of debt is owed to average American citizens?

Would we be paying for coffee with fractional gold coins say micro gram dust speck, how would you buy a house, would it be a physical exchange of gold bars?

Or would it be the some private depository owned locals who will store the gold and we will exchange electronic gold like Visa cards and bank notes that say it's worth x ounce of gold?

Why not coal standard or oil standard, this bank note is covered by a barrel of oil, since USA has a large t of it.

#25 2017-04-04 07:03:49

SilverBum
Trades :   

Ipv6Ready wrote:
SilverBum wrote:

As a matter of interest what does gold standard mean to you, does going to gold standard mean, US just clears all debt and replace it with gold, bearing in mind vast majority of debt is owed to average American citizens?

Would we be paying for coffee with fractional gold coins say micro gram dust speck, how would you buy a house, would it be a physical exchange of gold bars?

Or would it be the some private depository owned locals who will store the gold and we will exchange electronic gold like Visa cards and bank notes that say it's worth x ounce of gold?

Why not coal standard or oil standard, this bank note is covered by a barrel of oil, since USA has a large t of it.

What it means to me is irrelevant, but since you ask I will give you my own opinion on what that means. 

It in my estimation would be a paper currency that is backed and perhaps exchangeable for gold.  I would imagine after the insolvent banks ultimately fail, they will roll out a new currency backed or exchangeable for physical gold.  The way to get this new currency or gold as it may be, would be using a federal entity for the delivery of currency or gold.

I would imagine the post office would be used for this in this scenario.  Man around the holidays that line was long before imagine if that was the new form of banking. 

As far as gold and why not this or that.  Again this is not my idea in the first place just what I foresee as the future for my broke, country.  As it was written about nearly 20 years ago in the Economist magazine. 

I sure could be wrong but I will not say I hope I am wrong.  I want the average american to actually wake up to what our government has actually been doing including 9/11 and everything after. 

There is a website can't remember the name I will look for the story as I remember who put it on youtube where in 2025 the US government will spend 3 billion for defense.  Also they predict that the population is extremely less then today.

Board footer