Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is closed. It will reopen on Monday.

#26 2017-03-07 05:00:27

renovator
Trades :   

Re: What dollar amount is considered "Wealthy"?

silverbait wrote:

For me it means at least business class travel across the globe whenever you want for you and your partner  (s) smile
This would mean at least 50K in tickets.
Staying in any hotels every day of the year with $200 a day fee would be 73K.
Another 73K spending money everyday. Plus 50K extra for other expenses...

Looks like for my definition of wealthy I would need AUD250K per year disposable income. (Preferably from passive sources).

This would mean around 5 paid units in Kensington Sydney. Or 10 units in lower income areas...

Or silver skyrockets to $1000 oz

you will get sick of planes ,hotels, boats,& waiting around for them in a year or 2 so you can lower your estimate tongue:

i used to be disgusted now im just amused

#27 2017-03-07 06:01:19

SilverDJ

When you don't have to ask what the price is, for anything.

The following user says thank you for this post: col0016

#28 2017-03-07 06:18:32

Holdfast
Trades :   

What dollar amount is considered "Wealthy"?

If you have 1 cent more than what you spend everyday.

The following user says thank you for this post: JulieW

#29 2017-03-07 07:14:58

JulieW
Silver Stacker

Micawber:

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

#30 2017-03-08 00:32:58

Gullintanni
Trades :   

col0016 wrote:
Gullintanni wrote:
Ipv6Ready wrote:

Which ever is less

A property you own + $600k cash and stocks
Or
Enough to buy a property + $600k cash and stocks

I think this sounds reasonable at the moment as is should be attainable for the everyday folk.
Lost house and partner because of break up 7 years ago and lost my job in the heavy drinking aftermath.
Well 7 years down the track have the new house + rental and cars and my other toys.
If i can put it all back together FROM NOTHING in just a few years then everyone working their arses off should be able to do the same.

That's impressive. What field are you in?

Work for myself most of the time.
What got me back on the horse this time was A: an awesome partner, and B: a built up lawn business with 300 clients.
And i sometimes help the missus at her office as she makes the big bucks in this house doing bio-availability and first in human testing for all the big pharma's.

#31 2017-03-08 04:17:14

col0016
Trades :   20 

Gullintanni wrote:
col0016 wrote:
Gullintanni wrote:

I think this sounds reasonable at the moment as is should be attainable for the everyday folk.
Lost house and partner because of break up 7 years ago and lost my job in the heavy drinking aftermath.
Well 7 years down the track have the new house + rental and cars and my other toys.
If i can put it all back together FROM NOTHING in just a few years then everyone working their arses off should be able to do the same.

What got me back on the horse this time was A: an awesome partner, and B: a built up lawn business with 300 clients.
And i sometimes help the missus at her office as she makes the big bucks in this house doing bio-availability and first in human testing for all the big pharma's.

As in laying lawn, selling, or mowing? Either way 300 ongoing clients is impressive.

#32 2017-03-08 16:17:07

Gullintanni
Trades :   

col0016 wrote:
Gullintanni wrote:
col0016 wrote:

As in laying lawn, selling, or mowing? Either way 300 ongoing clients is impressive.

I was just cutting the buggers and it paid surprisingly well.
I had 2 guys helping me as the i gain more clients.
That is a few years ago now as i broke the 300 down to 3X 100 lots and sold them to Mr.Green franchise for $18000 each.
Probably a 1k of lot was the cost of mower and blower and saw, but essentially i just sold 300 names and numbers for what i would call stupid good money.
It was not like there was anything really valuable there (id have thought) but i see they listed and sold each list for $20k each plus i think they take a % cut each month from each owner.
I am a stay at home dad now and the missus works in pharmaceuticals and i just do a sideline of buying and selling stuff, which all going well is shaping up to be a good we earner in its own right.

The following user says thank you for this post: col0016

Board footer