Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is archived. Please visit the new forums at www.silverstackers.com. Password reset may be required!

#76 2017-02-18 20:03:54

gingham69
Member
From: W.A.
Registered: 2011-05-28
Posts: 515
Trades :   

Re: Climate change resource

southerncross wrote:
gingham69 wrote:
mmm....shiney! wrote:

I didn't make myself clear, I was referring to the topic of the thread, climate change. You haven't justified your opinion.

I have you just haven't read it properly so I'll sum it up in plain English for you...
Yes I believe in climate change which there has always been FACT, however the jury is still out for me on the subject of the MASSIVE so called human factor as the FACTS aren't always what they appear to be and only ever seem to suit whoever's agenda so no I don't think humans are causing the total destruction of this planet nowhere near the levels to what is put out there so if you or anybody else can show me categorical proof then I may change my mind.
I certainly know that most of the so called evidence is based on hypothetical models that are in themselves over exaggerated to suit an agenda so if there really was categorical proof then it would there for the whole world to see which it's not.
Is that justification enough for you oh wise one? wink


You two need to get a room, a nice serve of Fish and Chips (with or without the Tartere sauce), and a few lemons with a BLUNT knife, two shot glasses and a bottle of Dom Julio Reposado.

By the end of the night you will have solved most of the worlds problems, will also have helped each other to walk while slurring "Ijshlove ya mate", helped each other out in arguments with the local grandmothers walking their poodles and shitzu's in a park while staggering through the local neighbourhood, and scaring off a gang of young hoods into backing down afterwards and no doubt realised that you are not so far apart in your personal general ideology.

Honestly, it's been a bit like watching a couple of lovestruck highschool students cross barbs with each other, albeit without the underlying sexual connotations (ewww)  but the force is strong with you two. You both strike me as the type that could sit around a campfire until dawn spewing shit just for the sake of it and boring your familys to sleep in the process as they stare at the stars and sigh in resignation, children wishing they had never been born and wives nodding together knowingly the next morning and then a simultaneous shaking of heads as they pity each other.

Here's a question for you both, do you spend as much time, spend as much effort, spend as much thought, on your REAL LIVES and the people in it, as you do on this ? You know... the one and the people that really matter ?

Here's a question for you....do you spend as much time, spend as much effort, spend as much thought, on your REAL LIVES and the people in it, as you do on this ? You know... the one and the people that really matter?
As you registered a year after me why have you got over 7 that's SEVEN times more posts than me? the same and more appropriate question to you it seems.
Love to hear the answer...Pot kettle black eh.
You must still be at the camp fire a week later! tongue

Offline

#77 2017-02-19 07:31:26

southerncross
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2012-07-26
Posts: 3,393

Re: Climate change resource

Aww so precious, look at that I have united you both on something. LOL

Offline

#78 2017-02-19 08:39:36

gingham69
Member
From: W.A.
Registered: 2011-05-28
Posts: 515
Trades :   

Re: Climate change resource

southerncross wrote:

Aww so precious, look at that I have united you both on something. LOL

Yep we both know a d*ckhead when we see one that's for sure lol
I see you chose to ignore my question to you...I wonder why? wink
The climate has changed now eh cool

Offline

#79 2017-02-19 11:31:42

southerncross
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2012-07-26
Posts: 3,393

Re: Climate change resource

gingham69 wrote:
southerncross wrote:

Aww so precious, look at that I have united you both on something. LOL

Yep we both know a d*ckhead when we see one that's for sure lol
I see you chose to ignore my question to you...I wonder why? wink
The climate has changed now eh cool


Ginger you don't even know my previous history here before the current date shown on my forum label. Go check out the pirate thread etc for a full history.

In answer to your question, No, not any more, I saw the futility of trying to convince random people on a website that there were alternative options to their belief systems a while ago.
Now I just do it for fun and try to explode a few SJW and lefty heads here and there when I get bored. shiney though is a smart bloke with a lot of knowledge and who I respect as such, boring as a CWA gathering at times and often as cloying as diarrhoea at others but still a head full of knowledge that I can at least respect for backing up his often loquacious offerings with a basis in fact and logic most often.

I was a regular nightly contributor here a couple of years before my current incarnation, had many posts deleted and argued quite often with management as a result. The site back then was alive and thriving and it's current incarnation compared to those days is an anaemic and aids ridden shadow of what it used to be.

Watching the likes of shiney and yourself trade barbs while amusing is just entertainment for me , you are obviously way out of your league intellectually and can't even fathom the residual wisdom that abides in that space let alone provide a coherent argument equal to the subject you try to discuss. And even when you do get a grasp of it you continually fail miserably in contrast.

shiney on the other hand :

SC, value is subjective, I consider this forum a part of my real life, I converse with real people on this forum, argue with real people on this forum, share ideas with real people on this forum, I don't watch TV, I read the threads on this forum and post mainly as a means of self-education and enhancing my knowledge and skills as well as to influence others. Topics i encounter here are followed up avidly in other sources. I've learnt more in the 5 - 6 years being a forum member about economics, politics, the environment, than I have in 12 years of school and the 6 years I spent at uni.

Your only window into my life is what you see in this forum. You're more than free to ponder my life if that's what turns you on, but keep your personal musings about me to yourself. It's not appreciated.

So basically, get turtled.

See, that is an argument from fact and sound basis.

(Edited to add).

And one that I can respect

Last edited by southerncross (2017-02-19 11:36:37)

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: mmm....shiney!, bordsilver

#80 2017-02-19 11:40:12

mmissinglink
Member
From: Everywhere...simultaneously
Registered: 2012-09-30
Posts: 6,095
Trades :   19 

Re: Climate change resource

mmm....shiney! wrote:
southerncross wrote:

Here's a question for you both, do you spend as much time, spend as much effort, spend as much thought, on your REAL LIVES and the people in it, as you do on this ? You know... the one and the people that really matter ?

SC, value is subjective, I consider this forum a part of my real life, I converse with real people on this forum, argue with real people on this forum, share ideas with real people on this forum, I don't watch TV, I read the threads on this forum and post mainly as a means of self-education and enhancing my knowledge and skills as well as to influence others. Topics i encounter here are followed up avidly in other sources. I've learnt more in the 5 - 6 years being a forum member about economics, politics, the environment, than I have in 12 years of school and the 6 years I spent at uni.

Your only window into my life is what you see in this forum. You're more than free to ponder my life if that's what turns you on, but keep your personal musings about me to yourself. It's not appreciated.

So basically, get turtled.



Best response of the week on the SS forum.

It's irrational and shows poor character to judge others who make more comments in a forum than someone else.



.

Last edited by mmissinglink (2017-02-19 11:43:45)


In some ways, we are not that different

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: mmm....shiney!, SpacePete

#81 2017-02-19 19:51:44

gingham69
Member
From: W.A.
Registered: 2011-05-28
Posts: 515
Trades :   

Re: Climate change resource

southerncross wrote:
gingham69 wrote:
southerncross wrote:

Aww so precious, look at that I have united you both on something. LOL

Yep we both know a d*ckhead when we see one that's for sure lol
I see you chose to ignore my question to you...I wonder why? wink
The climate has changed now eh cool


Ginger you don't even know my previous history here before the current date shown on my forum label. Go check out the pirate thread etc for a full history.

In answer to your question, No, not any more, I saw the futility of trying to convince random people on a website that there were alternative options to their belief systems a while ago.
Now I just do it for fun and try to explode a few SJW and lefty heads here and there when I get bored. shiney though is a smart bloke with a lot of knowledge and who I respect as such, boring as a CWA gathering at times and often as cloying as diarrhoea at others but still a head full of knowledge that I can at least respect for backing up his often loquacious offerings with a basis in fact and logic most often.

I was a regular nightly contributor here a couple of years before my current incarnation, had many posts deleted and argued quite often with management as a result. The site back then was alive and thriving and it's current incarnation compared to those days is an anaemic and aids ridden shadow of what it used to be.

Watching the likes of shiney and yourself trade barbs while amusing is just entertainment for me , you are obviously way out of your league intellectually and can't even fathom the residual wisdom that abides in that space let alone provide a coherent argument equal to the subject you try to discuss. And even when you do get a grasp of it you continually fail miserably in contrast.

shiney on the other hand :

SC, value is subjective, I consider this forum a part of my real life, I converse with real people on this forum, argue with real people on this forum, share ideas with real people on this forum, I don't watch TV, I read the threads on this forum and post mainly as a means of self-education and enhancing my knowledge and skills as well as to influence others. Topics i encounter here are followed up avidly in other sources. I've learnt more in the 5 - 6 years being a forum member about economics, politics, the environment, than I have in 12 years of school and the 6 years I spent at uni.

Your only window into my life is what you see in this forum. You're more than free to ponder my life if that's what turns you on, but keep your personal musings about me to yourself. It's not appreciated.

So basically, get turtled.

See, that is an argument from fact and sound basis.

(Edited to add).

And one that I can respect

I didn't realise it was a competition to see who had the best vocabulary or could talk the most bullsh*t!
Interesting to note some things about so called intellectual people...
Mental blind spots
The harsh truth, however, is that greater intelligence does not equate to wiser decisions; in fact, in some cases it might make your choices a little more foolish. Keith Stanovich at the University of Toronto has spent the last decade building tests for rationality, and he has found that fair, unbiased decision-making is largely independent of IQ. Consider the "my-side bias" – our tendency to be highly selective in the information we collect so that it reinforces our previous attitudes. The more enlightened approach would be to leave your assumptions at the door as you build your argument – but Stanovich found that smarter people are almost no more likely to do so than people with distinctly average IQs.
That's not all. People who ace standard cognitive tests are in fact slightly more likely to have a "bias blind spot". That is, they are less able to see their own flaws, even when though they are quite capable of criticising the foibles of others. And they have a greater tendency to fall for the "gambler's fallacy" – the idea that if a tossed coin turns heads 10 times, it will be more likely to fall tails on the 11th. The fallacy has been the ruination of roulette players planning for a red after a string of blacks, and it can also lead stock investors to sell their shares before they reach peak value – in the belief that their luck has to run out sooner or later.
See the above says it all as being more intelligent than someone else haha just bias blind spots and doesn't change any of the facts or that persons opinion how ever it is written so I really don't give a sh*t what you think as maybe you have the same mental blind spots eh?
For the record I have said on a few occasions that although we disagree on a lot of things mmm...shiny! is an intellectual bloke on a lot of things but that doesn't make him [or anyone else] right just because he articulates his/their point.
So I don't care who you respect you don't know me and you mean nothing to me your just a name but you should have the decency to respect everyone whether you agree with their view or not or how well they can articulate, isn't that the sign of an intelligent person! wink

Edit...I'm not ginger by the way! C'est la vie!

Last edited by gingham69 (2017-02-19 19:56:10)

Offline

#82 2017-02-19 19:59:54

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2014-03-01
Posts: 13,437
Trades :   122 
Website

Re: Climate change resource

southerncross wrote:

...

The site back then was alive and thriving and it's current incarnation compared to those days is an anaemic and aids ridden shadow of what it used to be.

The forum is "aids-ridden"? What do you mean by that?


Catus amat piscem, sed non vult tingere plantas

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: mmissinglink

#83 2017-02-19 22:03:12

mmissinglink
Member
From: Everywhere...simultaneously
Registered: 2012-09-30
Posts: 6,095
Trades :   19 

Re: Climate change resource

^  Maybe he means that the forum was great when it was filled with "silver-to-da-moon-tomorrow" yelling pumper-dumper permabulls.    smile

Maybe now that these hooligans have scattered like cockroaches when the light is turned on, the forum is "anaemic".  But I am just guessing...after all, I'm merely one of the newbies.



Maybe we need a loudmouth charlatan guy here to step up to Make The Forum Great Again!  lol





.

Last edited by mmissinglink (2017-02-19 22:06:58)


In some ways, we are not that different

Offline

#84 2017-02-19 22:30:30

gingham69
Member
From: W.A.
Registered: 2011-05-28
Posts: 515
Trades :   

Re: Climate change resource

mmissinglink wrote:

^  Maybe he means that the forum was great when it was filled with "silver-to-da-moon-tomorrow" yelling pumper-dumper permabulls.    smile

Maybe now that these hooligans have scattered like cockroaches when the light is turned on, the forum is "anaemic".  But I am just guessing...after all, I'm merely one of the newbies.



Maybe we need a loudmouth charlatan guy here to step up to Make The Forum Great Again!  lol
.

I've got a spare set of steps for you! wink

Offline

#85 2017-02-23 14:09:40

southerncross
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2012-07-26
Posts: 3,393

Re: Climate change resource

SpacePete wrote:
southerncross wrote:

...

The site back then was alive and thriving and it's current incarnation compared to those days is an anaemic and aids ridden shadow of what it used to be.

The forum is "aids-ridden"? What do you mean by that?

As in, disease ridden, sickly and terminal, compared to the lively debate of what it used to offer to members, much like a body suffers the condition of aids with it's immune system compromised and open to deleterious infections.

SS used to be a lively place of debate and information in it's early years, plenty of information for newcomers to the stacking community provided freely by all,  and a place where you could also exchange ideas and information between like minded people on a number of different levels and differing points of view within reason. It used to attract a broad number of opinions and debates that were available 24/7 and were spread over a large number of issues.

Then came the cleansing, SS was to become a "serious" investor aimed website and we had GP's then partner celebrating at the time with all manner of bizarre emoticons on the eve of the change, bouncing beachballs and huge smiley faces around. A few years later and here we all are.

People can only discuss the attributes of Stacking Gold and Silver for so long, you get it, you learn it, you stack...or you don't and you leave never to return. If you stay then you soon learn all about stacking in's and out's. And then ?

If the Site offers nothing more than a guide to stacking and a platform for sellers to introduce themselves to buyers, and does not provide any other space for members to 'freely' discuss issues that they themselves raise then it will whither and die. Time after time I have seen the issue of P@$oes been deleted or stern warnings given when mentioned as it impacts the advertising revenue of the site.
Recently a long standing thread on climate change has been disappeared for who knows what reason. Instead of being able to argue some freak, he, she, it is banned instead of facing the full barrage of a decent argument in response and overall the site has become a ghost town.

The number of 'recent post's'  when you log in made over the last six to twelve months is the most telling signal. You can go two or three days and log back in to see SFA happening all over the forums. It used to be the case that everything was alive and a couple of hours would see a large number of new post's made....unfortunately not any more, just the die hards and a few new members.

GP might have started the site and own it, have full sway on what or what not is allowed etc, but in the end the members are what make the site what it is. You need a bit of conflict to encourage dialogue and interest outside the mundane day to day stacker mentality, even new blood becomes old blood after a while and if you remove the freedoms of members to have that dialogue after they learn the ropes of stacking, then they will just move on to somewhere else where they are free to have such discussions instead of making this place home.

Free up the topics allowed, let people be controversial, allow arguments to happen, create a dungeon or forum for such things where topics can be sent to if they don't fit the corporate image, make it on a sign in or request basis for members where anything go's but it is on their heads with no come back to the owners.

The SS underworld where anything can be found is a lot more appealing than the current stale world discussion of 'Oooh look a new post on the subject of Bastiat V Current Economic diplomacy between the EU and Trumps new approach to things'.

Stackers are actually interested in the racist, misogynist, Gov't, fake news, infowars, shadow Gov't, black block, antifa, socialist, alternative, Zero hedge, end of day's,  view of the world rather than some namby pamby you can't say this word as it affect's our revenue stream point of view.

People want to have a real discussion, an argument, rather than having to make up names for people who defile children or seeing their 'naughty words' expressed as Testudines or such.
Just my opinion and I really couldn't give two frog testicles any more but SS is dying a slow death.

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: Silver bullitt, FullMetalFever

#86 2017-03-08 22:45:59

JulieW
Silver Stacker
From: Australia
Registered: 2010-10-14
Posts: 11,132

Re: Climate change resource

Reuters:

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Climate change was responsible for breaking more than 200 Australian weather records over the past three months, researchers said on Wednesday, a glimpse of conditions to come that will likely threaten energy security and agriculture.

Much of Australia's east coast endured its hottest summer on record, the independent Climate Council said, while torrential rain in Western Australia caused flash flooding.

The sort of unseasonable conditions seen between Dec. 1 and Feb. 28 would likely be recurring regularly in future, the council said.

"I would say by 2025 or 2030, the odds are we will see another hot summer record set in Sydney and in other places," said Will Steffen, professor of environmental studies, Australian National University and lead author of the Climate Council report.

The expected climate will strain the country's energy sector, the council said, threatening yet more blackouts.

Australia saw several power outages in different parts of he country after temperatures soared regularly above 40 Celsius (103 Fahrenheit), with demand for air-conditioning strained supplies.

Australia's changing climate also threatens one of the main pillars of its economy, with agricultural production vulnerable.

"A really bad year can just demolish crop yields," said Phin Ziebell, agribusiness economist, at the National Australia Bank.

Australia exported a record A$50 billion ($37.98 billion)worth of agricultural produce last year, government data shows, which helped soften the blow of a slowdown in its dominant mining sector.

The Climate Council report comes days after another independent report warned the impact of climate change had caused permanent damage to Australia's environment.

Australian scientists said recently mass coral bleaching, caused by climate change, has destroyed at least 35 percent of the northern and central Great Barrier Reef.

Offline

#87 2017-03-08 22:50:28

JulieW
Silver Stacker
From: Australia
Registered: 2010-10-14
Posts: 11,132

Re: Climate change resource

p.s.

Australia is facing the possibility of a warmer and drier 2017, with weather forecasters saying the chances of an El Nino weather pattern are rising.

The Bureau of Meteorology says recent changes in the tropical Pacific Ocean and atmosphere, and climate model outlooks all suggest there is a 50 per cent chance of El Nino forming this year.

El Nino is associated with below average winter-spring rainfall over eastern Australia and warmer than average winter-spring maximum temperatures in southern states.

NZ Herald

Offline

#88 2017-03-08 23:46:08

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
From: 昆士蘭
Registered: 2010-11-15
Posts: 16,000
Trades :   102 
Website

Re: Climate change resource

So there's a 50% chance it won't happen.


The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

Offline

#89 2017-03-09 02:23:19

bordsilver
Silver Stacker
From: The rocks
Registered: 2012-05-23
Posts: 9,610
Trades :   36 

Re: Climate change resource

mmm....shiney! wrote:

So there's a 50% chance it won't happen.

Technically about 36% of years have El Nino's (with about 32% having neither El Nino or La Nina) so ordinarily there's a 36% chance of predicting El Nino based purely on throwing a dart.


The only good tax is a repealed tax.

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: JulieW, mmm....shiney!

#90 2017-03-09 05:20:26

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
From: 昆士蘭
Registered: 2010-11-15
Posts: 16,000
Trades :   102 
Website

Re: Climate change resource

"Every El Nino is different".

The BOM.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/enso/imag … tralia.pdf


The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

Offline

#91 2017-03-12 02:43:03

alor
Silver Stacker
From: Pulau Alor ;)
Registered: 2011-06-16
Posts: 4,541
Trades :   39 

Re: Climate change resource


Hear Say See -> N o t h i n g
May this stacking hobby be my blessing smile

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: southerncross

#92 2017-03-12 17:29:55

betterinvestmentthanshare
Member
From: South Australia
Registered: 2014-04-26
Posts: 192
Trades :   

Re: Climate change resource

JulieW wrote:

Reuters:

The expected climate will strain the country's energy sector, the council said, threatening yet more blackouts.

Australia saw several power outages in different parts of he country after temperatures soared regularly above 40 Celsius (103 Fahrenheit), with demand for air-conditioning strained supplies.

Australia's changing climate also threatens one of the main pillars of its economy, with agricultural production vulnerable.

"A really bad year can just demolish crop yields," said Phin Ziebell, agribusiness economist, at the National Australia Bank.

Australia exported a record A$50 billion ($37.98 billion)worth of agricultural produce last year, government data shows, which helped soften the blow of a slowdown in its dominant mining sector.

The Climate Council report comes days after another independent report warned the impact of climate change had caused permanent damage to Australia's environment.

Why is climate always being blamed for blackouts/outages? Our Australian population has more than doubled which is more than our infrastructure had been catered for.

Farmers have had demolished crops and animals due to drought and unseasonal torrential rain since the pomy invasion.

A record export of agriculture last year. Some may say "Where was climate change last year?" But then some may say last years export figures are different to last years yield figures :)

Its our numskull greedy politicians that started the cause of permanent damage to our Australian environment and nothing has changed in the history of politics.

And if climate change is true, there will always be a up side, South Australia will become tropical and become the number 1 economic performing state :lol: :lol::lol::lol: Its going to go bananna's :lol::lol::lol:


"WARNING!' Beware of making bets with forum member "Roswell Crash Survivor" he does not honour publicly stated & agreed to bets when it loses!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB