Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is temporarily disabled due to a spam attack.

#26 2017-01-10 08:14:17

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
Trades :   102 
Website

Re: Its been 24 hours

Well done birdie!

You have to replace the cigarettes and the habits associated with it with something else. I used nicobate lozenges big time to replace the chemical urges, and bought a brand new car on a loan as a substitute for the financial outgoings. I also posted exhaustively on SilverStackers, and judging by your current rate....you'll do fine.

3<

"Every day is ordinary, until it isn't."

#27 2017-01-10 08:48:42

alor
Silver Stacker
Trades :   39 

COPD is a real killer, by suffocating lungs, same as water boarding, but much briefer... since the record holder of holding breath is less than minutes smile

Hear Say See -> N o t h i n g
May this stacking hobby be my blessing smile

#28 2017-01-10 18:06:36

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Trades :   59 

Still no ciggies, apart from a  couple of hours yesterday don't even feel like one

Still going cold turkey

The following 5 users say thank you for this post: millededge, ag_n_au_in_oz, bordsilver, boneyard, Jislizard

#29 2017-01-10 20:43:45

Gullintanni
Trades :   

Good lad.
Stay away from the piss and keep going , it will blow you away how much more you can physically do in 3 weeks time.
Seriously just a few weeks and instead of hyperventilating after a sprint you will be able to do another.

#30 2017-01-10 21:07:13

leo25
Trades :   

Mbutler wrote:

Ive gone to Vape ... with nicotine in it ... id forgotten how nice it was to not be constantly out of breath smile

A family member has been smoking his whole like. Then he switched to Vaping, about 2 years after switching to vaping he developed Bladder cancer. Don't buy the cheap oils from china.

Last edited by leo25 (2017-01-10 21:08:39)

#31 2017-01-10 21:14:06

Gullintanni
Trades :   

leo25 wrote:
Mbutler wrote:

Ive gone to Vape ... with nicotine in it ... id forgotten how nice it was to not be constantly out of breath smile

A family member has been smoking his whole like. Then he switched to Vaping, about 2 years after switching to vaping he developed Bladder cancer. Don't buy the cheap oils from china.

I didn't even know there were "cheap oils from China".
I was under the impression that the juices were just run of the mill propylene glycol with nicotine and flavor added.
Over here in NZ it is apparently illegal to sell the juice with nicotine added yet all the shops do it.
Every city now has at least one dedicaded vape shop that you can buy from cheap as chips.
After the outlay for the vape ($60 low end pencil type) the juice with nicotine will only set you back $10 fr 2 weeks supply.

#32 2017-01-10 21:42:39

leo25
Trades :   

Gullintanni wrote:

I was under the impression that the juices were just run of the mill propylene glycol with nicotine and flavor added.
Over here in NZ it is apparently illegal to sell the juice with nicotine added yet all the shops do it.
Every city now has at least one dedicaded vape shop that you can buy from cheap as chips.
After the outlay for the vape ($60 low end pencil type) the juice with nicotine will only set you back $10 fr 2 weeks supply.

Yea i think it's also illegal to sell the nicotine here too, but a lot of people still do it. No such thing as "run of the mill" I wouldn't trust burning any liquid at high temps from china and putting it in my mouth. 

Most of the time he didn't have any nicotine in it, just the flavored juice. He thought it was safe and was sucking on the vape 24/7. Now he wishes he never touched vapes and just stuck to rolling his own rollies. (though would be best not to smoke)

Hope his BCG treatment works, otherwise they will need to remove the bladder and put a bag in sad

Last edited by leo25 (2017-01-10 21:49:37)

The following user says thank you for this post: Gullintanni

#33 2017-01-10 22:08:11

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker

48 hours  no ciggies

The following user says thank you for this post: betterlatethannever

#34 2017-01-10 22:12:06

boneyard
Silver Stacker
Website

heaps and heaps of water.............

Pins & needles &  tension cramps?

Poison leaving your body.

Crawl into a ball?

Lie down and feel the nicotine going, going, gone.

Heaps and heaps of water....................................................

Last edited by boneyard (2017-01-10 22:13:02)

"We should know where we're going, so we know when we get there..."

#35 2017-01-10 22:21:12

Mbutler
Silver Stacker
Trades :   30 

leo25 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up i usually buy mine from a guy i know here in Adelaide that mainly makes his own or sells one of the big brands.

Gullintanni wrote:

It is illegal to sell nicotine here in Australia however its not illegal to import it a litre of nicotine concentrate from the usa i got delivered for about $35 and then just buy the flavours and filling locally.

The main reason i gave up is for the money ive gone from over $200-250 a week to now it costs me less than $6 (when you think about the costs thats a 10oz bar of silver a week (520 oz a year)and as added benifits the wife not only loves me not smelling of smoke but has been able to cut her Ventolin use down from 6-8 a day to now not needing it most days and as the very added bonus my chest is so much clearer.

If anyone is going to do it though spend the money on a decent unit and as Leo25 said dont buy cheap oils big_smile

The following user says thank you for this post: Gullintanni

#36 2017-01-10 22:24:56

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker

boneyard wrote:

heaps and heaps of water.............

Pins & needles &  tension cramps?

Poison leaving your body.

Crawl into a ball?

Lie down and feel the nicotine going, going, gone.

Heaps and heaps of water....................................................

Surprisingly no dramas so far
Don't feel like a smoke
Forgotten I even smoked, although I need a new punching bag lol

The following user says thank you for this post: betterlatethannever

#37 2017-01-10 23:15:37

Gullintanni
Trades :   

Mbutler wrote:
leo25 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up i usually buy mine from a guy i know here in Adelaide that mainly makes his own or sells one of the big brands.

Gullintanni wrote:

It is illegal to sell nicotine here in Australia however its not illegal to import it a litre of nicotine concentrate from the usa i got delivered for about $35 and then just buy the flavours and filling locally.

The main reason i gave up is for the money ive gone from over $200-250 a week to now it costs me less than $6 (when you think about the costs thats a 10oz bar of silver a week (520 oz a year)and as added benifits the wife not only loves me not smelling of smoke but has been able to cut her Ventolin use down from 6-8 a day to now not needing it most days and as the very added bonus my chest is so much clearer.

If anyone is going to do it though spend the money on a decent unit and as Leo25 said dont buy cheap oils big_smile

Did wifey notice any other improvements?
Personal i know so feel free to ignore of use an analogy, but my partner (and me) noticed stamina improvement in just a few weeks.
My sweating from the "playing" had all but disappeared and i found i had the energy to continue "playing" for much much longer than before.
Also that dry throat feeling that you can get when pushing yourself had gone as well.

#38 2017-01-10 23:42:56

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker

Watch out we've gone R rated

#39 2017-01-10 23:55:15

Bosse68
Silver Stacker
Trades :   
Website

Keep up the good job quitting
Good luck

#40 2017-01-11 07:52:33

alor
Silver Stacker
Trades :   39 

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/europ … 1484111628

Russia's health ministry plans to ban sale of cigarettes to those born 2014 and later

Hear Say See -> N o t h i n g
May this stacking hobby be my blessing smile

The following user says thank you for this post: radiobirdman

#41 2017-01-11 16:27:57

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker

Was fanging for a ciggie when I got up, first time since I stopped
All good now

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: mmm....shiney!, bordsilver

#42 2017-01-11 20:01:37

Gullintanni
Trades :   

radiobirdman wrote:

Was fanging for a ciggie when I got up, first time since I stopped
All good now

Good lad:)
Doing stuff helps so keep occupied if you are able.
This is a life changer so stick with it.

The following user says thank you for this post: millededge

#43 2017-01-12 17:45:08

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker

Still no ciggies
Would be a lot easier if the internet worked consistently
costing me a bloody small fortune in lost opportunity on the ASX

#44 2017-01-12 17:47:22

boneyard
Silver Stacker
Website

There is now NO nicotine in your body.

Will Power is all you need.

What ASX stocks you looking at?

#45 2017-01-12 18:05:54

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker

Anything iron ore ,copper, Gold
The asx goes ballistic every  Xmas
My internet dies every Xmas
Been looking at a NBN tower 700mtrs away for the last 4 years, supposed to be on in Feb

Some people in town have been using the tower for 18months it half works , LOL

#46 2017-01-12 18:14:05

renovator
Trades :   

radiobirdman wrote:

Been looking at a NBN tower 700mtrs away for the last 4 years, supposed to be on in Feb

Was talking to the guy who owns the local motorcycle shop the other day & he has been waiting for the NBN for a while & when they finally come to his place to install it they said there was no signal at his house . So he asked them to try his garage & they wouldnt until he got their machine & went to the roof of his garage himself & there was perfect signal . He told me he had to argue with the installer for an hour & calling someone higher up to get him to install it there. The installers are lazy & if its not a basic install they dont want to do it in his case . So if you are in a regional area & they tell you theres no signal it may just be in the "too hard basket"

i used to be disgusted now im just amused

#47 2017-01-12 18:24:02

boneyard
Silver Stacker
Website

renovator wrote:
radiobirdman wrote:

Was talking to the guy who owns the local motorcycle shop the other day & he has been waiting for the NBN for a while & when they finally come to his place to install it they said there was no signal at his house . So he asked them to try his garage & they wouldnt until he got their machine & went to the roof of his garage himself & there was perfect signal . He told me he had to argue with the installer for an hour & calling someone higher up to get him to install it there. The installers are lazy & if its not a basic install they dont want to do it in his case . So if you are in a regional area & they tell you theres no signal it may just be in the "too hard basket"

Nah, Sorry mate, No allowed to climb a ladder, got to book the ladder climbing team.....................

The following user says thank you for this post: bordsilver

#48 2017-01-12 18:33:30

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker

I'm within 10km of 4 towers that work the closest 800m away, all line of site, all work except the closest which half works

Nbn workers floating around at the moment, fingers X

#49 2017-01-12 19:53:14

sammysilver
Silver Stacker
Trades :   189 
Website

boneyard wrote:

There is now NO nicotine in your body.

Will Power is all you need.

What ASX stocks you looking at?

Phillip Morris?

The price we pay for the good life is public servitude.

#50 2017-01-12 20:35:37

renovator
Trades :   

boneyard wrote:
renovator wrote:
radiobirdman wrote:

Nah, Sorry mate, No allowed to climb a ladder, got to book the ladder climbing team.....................

Nope the guy had a ladder & was on the roof of his house with his meter but couldnt be bothered checking elsewhere.

i used to be disgusted now im just amused

Board footer