Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is archived. Please visit the new forums at www.silverstackers.com. Password reset may be required!

#1 2016-12-27 18:42:27

AnubisOne
Trades :   17 

New to SS / Hello Everyone!!

Hi all,

Very new to all PM's, and would love any advice you can give me on building a collection smile
Recently received my first purchase of PMs from goldstackers, only a small order to get me started, 3 x 1oz silver coins - Canadian Maple, Elemental, Liberty.
I also received a few old coins from my granddad over xmas, a couple of Florins, Pennys and a One Crown.

What do you guys think ? Am I on the right path ?
Oh and btw I'm not aiming to make a major profit from buying/selling/collecting, I like looking at PM's just as much

-"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, if you can't crawl then look, if you can't look then listen" -

#2 2016-12-27 18:51:46

just me
Silver Stacker
Trades :   43 

Re: New to SS / Hello Everyone!!

Welcome to the boards...

The man who asks the question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life - Confucius

The following user says thank you for this post: AnubisOne

#3 2016-12-27 19:14:42

StewyD32
Silver Stacker
Trades :   10 

Welcome smile

The path to inner peace begin with four words:
             Not My Fu**ing Problem

#4 2016-12-27 19:33:32

Ipv6Ready
Silver Stacker
Trades :   39 

Welcome to the board and take it slow. Read and learn and decide what kind of owning PM suits you.

Also note PM are on a downward path at the moment, it is cyclical, so it will be cheaper later, it will go back up in long term to come down again.

Depending how you look at PM ie holding physical silver/gold or trading silver/gold, your strategy should be different.

I started off with few coins and bars, but now I'm mainly a trader of paper. I still have some PM but I look at that like a hobby. Purely based on my personality.

There isn't one correct way to invest, trade or collect PM and money can be made or lost in all three strategies.

WTB 4 to 6 grams of pure gold. Don't care if it is coin, bar or granules. Near spot, suits anyone who has been tempted to open a certicard or just have some granules to make a ring

#5 2016-12-27 21:38:15

ozcopper
Administrator
Website

Welcome smile

I will be away from the forum from Sunday 9th - Saturday 15th April.

#6 2016-12-27 21:55:49

AnubisOne

Thankyou all for your welcome advice.

For me ide say stacking is just a hobby and always will be, mainly i like the satisfaction of receiving gold/silver for paper.

I like to think of it as im buying valuable PM's that hold value overtime, in exchange for paper that decreases value overtime.

I like the fact that you really are only paying a few dollars on top for the premium and you still get a product with value and that holds value, opposed to if you bought a product that decreases in value instantly from the second you finish the transaction.

Last edited by AnubisOne (2016-12-27 21:57:41)

-"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, if you can't crawl then look, if you can't look then listen" -

#7 2016-12-27 21:56:46

whinfell
Silver Stacker
Trades :   46 

Welcome smile

Have a read through House's collection of FAQs: http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic- … faq-s.html

#8 2016-12-27 22:13:17

AnubisOne

whinfell wrote:

Welcome smile

Have a read through House's collection of FAQs: http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic- … faq-s.html

Thanking you, some great links ! Really helpful.

Cheers

#9 2016-12-28 00:02:08

ultimacash
Silver Stacker
Trades :   233 

Welcome

WTS: Brand new Air-Tite Capsules 38mm, 39mm & 40mm $0.90 each
Brand new red cap storage tube model H to fit all the above Air-Tite capsules $3.50 each.
Model A (round 50's & smaller capsules $3.50 each. Plus more items available (please see my sales thread)

#10 2016-12-28 02:13:14

Bosse68
Silver Stacker
Trades :   
Website

Hello and welcome

#11 2017-01-04 10:05:50

JNS
Trades :   

You are in the right path. I was once like you. And i also started buying my first stack at GS on my first visit at Melbourne. Sadly it will be long time for me to visit back. Welcome to forum.

"If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." Benjamin Franklin

Board footer