Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is open.

#51 2016-12-25 09:22:03

gingham69
Member
From: W.A.
Registered: 2011-05-28
Posts: 515
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

CriticalSilver wrote:
gingham69 wrote:
CriticalSilver wrote:

Optical illusion, wink

You really think so? Have you ever lived in a different hemisphere? If so, you would know that there are different stars in the sky and stars that are common are close to the equator, i.e. You are looking in a different direction in space.

NO...didn't you see the wink on the end?
And yes I have and yes your right.
You can lay in my back garden and see satellites orbiting that's how good it is here in W.A. where I am how about you?

Offline

#52 2016-12-25 13:27:30

Radio8tiv
Member
Registered: 2016-12-02
Posts: 85
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

I have had this discussion with someone who actually believes in flat earth theory and there is basically no getting through to them, I can easily prove to any flat earther who shows me their ridiculous map (think of the UN logo) that it's just not possible. With modern day air travel one can fly around the southern hemisphere across the three continents with direct flights simply proving their model just doesn't stack up, to which you get the reply that the flights are fake and you just can't fly them. Whenever they hear a valid argument they just think conspiracy I just leave them be now.

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: Holdfast

#53 2016-12-25 14:36:23

sfstacker
Member
Registered: 2016-10-25
Posts: 384
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

Roswell Crash Survivor wrote:

Try watching the first 01:12.

I have wondered how religious fundamentalists would behave when confronted with undeniable proof that (at least part of) their belief system is based on falsehoods.

(Not trying to start a debate on Evolution vs. Intelligent Design.)

They'll deny it.

There already is undeniable proof that evolution is real.

It's evolution when man took the wolf and selectively bread it into all the breeds we have today.
It's evolution when we develop an anti-bacterial treatment that kills 99% of bacteria and the 1% that survive repopulate.
It's evolution when a mammal has a litter of babies and only the ones with fur matching their natural habitat survive because its better camouflage.

And if they don't deny it and accept the facts they'll probably just remain confused because it conflicts with a large portion of who they are as a person. Or they'll pick apart the different aspects of Evolution until you can't explain one of them to their liking/understanding and they'll use that as the basis for invalidating it all.

Last edited by sfstacker (2016-12-25 14:41:48)

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: bordsilver

#54 2016-12-26 02:16:24

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: The Earth is flat?

First I'm told the earth's roundish, now your telling there is no Gods

Sure know how to ruin a blokes Xmas

Last edited by radiobirdman (2016-12-26 02:18:32)

Offline

#55 2016-12-26 02:35:01

sfstacker
Member
Registered: 2016-10-25
Posts: 384
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

radiobirdman wrote:

First I'm told the earth's roundish, now your telling there is no Gods

Sure know how to ruin a blokes Xmas


As long as you keep them in your heart you'll always have your Gods

Offline

#56 2016-12-26 03:36:36

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: The Earth is flat?

sfstacker wrote:
radiobirdman wrote:

First I'm told the earth's roundish, now your telling there is no Gods

Sure know how to ruin a blokes Xmas


As long as you keep them in your heart you'll always have your Gods

They are safely locked away in a corner of me brain that I only use occasionally, you have to keep an eye on the shifty buggers tho

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: bordsilver

#57 2016-12-26 10:27:40

ShinyStuff
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2011-04-29
Posts: 608
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

sfstacker wrote:
Roswell Crash Survivor wrote:

Try watching the first 01:12.

I have wondered how religious fundamentalists would behave when confronted with undeniable proof that (at least part of) their belief system is based on falsehoods.

(Not trying to start a debate on Evolution vs. Intelligent Design.)

They'll deny it.

There already is undeniable proof that evolution is real.

It's evolution when man took the wolf and selectively bread it into all the breeds we have today.
It's evolution when we develop an anti-bacterial treatment that kills 99% of bacteria and the 1% that survive repopulate.
It's evolution when a mammal has a litter of babies and only the ones with fur matching their natural habitat survive because its better camouflage.

And if they don't deny it and accept the facts they'll probably just remain confused because it conflicts with a large portion of who they are as a person. Or they'll pick apart the different aspects of Evolution until you can't explain one of them to their liking/understanding and they'll use that as the basis for invalidating it all.

Sheesh.......

NATURAL SELECTION is NOT Evolution!

Were you not listening in high school?  There is TONNES AND TONNES of evidence that NS is true.  None.  NONE.  That Evolution is true. 

Know the difference! 

Evolution is TOTAL NEW, UNRELATED and DIFFERENT species.  SPECIES!!!!!  There is no "missing link" in the fossil record.  There is no proof of evolution... hence "THEORY OF EVOLUTION."


Shiny.

Offline

#58 2016-12-26 15:14:35

sfstacker
Member
Registered: 2016-10-25
Posts: 384
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

ShinyStuff wrote:

Sheesh.......

NATURAL SELECTION is NOT Evolution!
Were you not listening in high school?  There is TONNES AND TONNES of evidence that NS is true.  None.  NONE.  That Evolution is true. 
Know the difference! 
Evolution is TOTAL NEW, UNRELATED and DIFFERENT species.  SPECIES!!!!!  There is no "missing link" in the fossil record.  There is no proof of evolution... hence "THEORY OF EVOLUTION."
Shiny.

Natural selection is part of evolution. And no evolution does not mean total new unrelated different species. Evolution simply means "change over time".
You're like that science teacher I dated who said the same thing. There's no proof of evolution. It's only a theory. You should watch this video appropriately named "Why saying evolution is "Just a theory" proves you are ignorant."

I find it ironic that you question my high school education when you clearly learned the wrong definition for the word evolution. You're also incorrect about the "missing link". In non laymen terms what you're actually referring to is a transitional species.

You can watch this multi-part NOVA series to learn about human evolution (YouTube, Hulu, Netflix)
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution … human.html

You can even view the fossil record and look at all the "missing links" we have between past species.
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution … ution.html

But don't even say that natural selection is not evolution. You sound about as ignorant as someone claiming the Earth is the center of the universe.

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: bordsilver

#59 2016-12-26 15:33:04

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: The Earth is flat?

African wild dog was not breed from wolves

Offline

#60 2016-12-26 15:59:46

sfstacker
Member
Registered: 2016-10-25
Posts: 384
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

radiobirdman wrote:

African wild dog was not breed from wolves

Well I guess that proves all evolution wrong. Guess we were created with the snap of a finger. Must be. I can't fathom man being on different parts of the globe and training whatever wild beasts are indigenous to that region. That's too much of a leap for my brain to take.

Offline

#61 2016-12-26 16:14:11

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: The Earth is flat?

sfstacker wrote:
radiobirdman wrote:

African wild dog was not breed from wolves

Well I guess that proves all evolution wrong. Guess we were created with the snap of a finger. Must be. I can't fathom man being on different parts of the globe and training whatever wild beasts are indigenous to that region. That's too much of a leap for my brain to take.

No need to chuck a tantie because you weren't right about everything, isn't being right about most things good enough for you big_smile

Offline

#62 2016-12-26 16:15:29

sfstacker
Member
Registered: 2016-10-25
Posts: 384
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

radiobirdman wrote:
sfstacker wrote:
radiobirdman wrote:

African wild dog was not breed from wolves

Well I guess that proves all evolution wrong. Guess we were created with the snap of a finger. Must be. I can't fathom man being on different parts of the globe and training whatever wild beasts are indigenous to that region. That's too much of a leap for my brain to take.

No need to chuck a tantie because you weren't right about everything, isn't being right about most things good enough for you big_smile

What was I wrong about? Man took the wolf and through the process of selective evolution created different dog breeds. Is that statement incorrect? It's not and you bringing up the African wild dogs doesn't invalidate my statement either. SO...what's your point?

Last edited by sfstacker (2016-12-26 16:16:54)

Offline

#63 2016-12-26 16:33:32

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: The Earth is flat?

sfstacker wrote:
radiobirdman wrote:
sfstacker wrote:

Well I guess that proves all evolution wrong. Guess we were created with the snap of a finger. Must be. I can't fathom man being on different parts of the globe and training whatever wild beasts are indigenous to that region. That's too much of a leap for my brain to take.

No need to chuck a tantie because you weren't right about everything, isn't being right about most things good enough for you big_smile

What was I wrong about? Man took the wolf and through the process of selective evolution created different dog breeds. Is that statement incorrect? It's not and you bringing up the African wild dogs doesn't invalidate my statement either. SO...what's your point?


There was no point, apart from the fact not all dogs come from wolfs, natural selection might have played a part in the breeding of dogs as well

Last edited by radiobirdman (2016-12-26 16:33:57)

Offline

#64 2016-12-26 16:38:09

sfstacker
Member
Registered: 2016-10-25
Posts: 384
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

radiobirdman wrote:
sfstacker wrote:
radiobirdman wrote:

No need to chuck a tantie because you weren't right about everything, isn't being right about most things good enough for you big_smile

What was I wrong about? Man took the wolf and through the process of selective evolution created different dog breeds. Is that statement incorrect? It's not and you bringing up the African wild dogs doesn't invalidate my statement either. SO...what's your point?


There was no point, apart from the fact not all dogs come from wolfs, natural selection might have played a part in the breeding of dogs as well

Ok. I never made the claim that "all dogs came from wolfs" so I still don't see what you're going on about?

Offline

#65 2016-12-26 16:40:16

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: The Earth is flat?

sfstacker wrote:


It's evolution when man took the wolf and selectively bread it into all the breeds we have today.

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: gingham69

#66 2016-12-26 16:42:49

sfstacker
Member
Registered: 2016-10-25
Posts: 384
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

radiobirdman wrote:
sfstacker wrote:

It's evolution when man took the wolf and selectively bread it into all the breeds we have today.

Sill not the same thing as saying "all dogs come from wolves". The subject of that sentence is evolution.

Last edited by sfstacker (2016-12-26 16:46:33)

Offline

#67 2016-12-26 16:52:44

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: The Earth is flat?

Offline

#68 2016-12-27 06:57:02

ShinyStuff
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2011-04-29
Posts: 608
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

sfstacker wrote:
ShinyStuff wrote:

Sheesh.......

NATURAL SELECTION is NOT Evolution!
Were you not listening in high school?  There is TONNES AND TONNES of evidence that NS is true.  None.  NONE.  That Evolution is true. 
Know the difference! 
Evolution is TOTAL NEW, UNRELATED and DIFFERENT species.  SPECIES!!!!!  There is no "missing link" in the fossil record.  There is no proof of evolution... hence "THEORY OF EVOLUTION."
Shiny.

Natural selection is part of evolution. And no evolution does not mean total new unrelated different species. Evolution simply means "change over time".
You're like that science teacher I dated who said the same thing. There's no proof of evolution. It's only a theory. You should watch this video appropriately named "Why saying evolution is "Just a theory" proves you are ignorant."

I find it ironic that you question my high school education when you clearly learned the wrong definition for the word evolution. You're also incorrect about the "missing link". In non laymen terms what you're actually referring to is a transitional species.

You can watch this multi-part NOVA series to learn about human evolution (YouTube, Hulu, Netflix)
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution … human.html

You can even view the fossil record and look at all the "missing links" we have between past species.
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution … ution.html

But don't even say that natural selection is not evolution. You sound about as ignorant as someone claiming the Earth is the center of the universe.

Sorry, but you are saying that because there is clear evidence in one area, it means that the other area, that LOOKS related (but is actually not) is also true --> by association.

Evolution (as described by Charles Darwin) is not "change over time."  This is what it has EVOLVED (hahah) into.  Darwin's Theory of Evolution is about mutations in species that CHANGES THEM into new ones that have never existed before.  BOOM!  Wow, now we have FISH/BIRDS/MAN. 

The whole bird beak thing in his book is natural selection.  The birds are all the same species.  Sure, there is huge differences, but they are all STILL BIRDS.  No new species.  Likewise with the moths and the whole soot on trees.  Natural selection.  No NEW SPECIES.  You can point the finger at me blah blah.  Put your guns down bro.  Seriously.  Take a pill. 

They are two separate things.  I can hot up my Holden as much as I like, but it won't turn into an airbus.  They are totally different species.  There is no EVIDENCE, you know... that thing that means it speaks for itself... of new-species change.  Every fossil EVER found is a totally different species.  Even Archaeopteryx is not seen as a "missing link" as the feathers are completely formed AS FEATHERS TODAY.  There is no "half scale/half feather" or "half bird/half reptile" features.  This is why science is still labels it "Theory" as there is no proof.

Relax man, it is Christmas!  Have a drink.  Dig in your coal mine and look for a fossil to prove your beliefs.  I will be there to share a beer with you when you find it.

Shiny.

Last edited by ShinyStuff (2016-12-27 06:59:23)

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: gingham69

#69 2016-12-27 10:10:08

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2014-03-01
Posts: 13,437
Trades :   122 
Website

Re: The Earth is flat?

ShinyStuff wrote:

...

...There is no EVIDENCE, you know...    Every fossil EVER found is a totally different species.  Even Archaeopteryx is not seen as a "missing link" as the feathers are completely formed AS FEATHERS TODAY.  There is no "half scale/half feather" or "half bird/half reptile" features.  This is why science is still labels it "Theory" as there is no proof.

Hahaha, never thought I'd see this creationist nonsense here lol

The above seems to be based on articles published by the Institute for Creation Research that "equips believers with evidence of the Bible's accuracy and authority".

It's so old that even an ancient SciAm article tears it apart. Of course, creationists don't like such science when it goes against their dogma.

15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti … eationist/

13. Evolutionists cannot point to any transitional fossils--creatures that are half reptile and half bird, for instance.

Actually, paleontologists know of many detailed examples of fossils intermediate in form between various taxonomic groups. One of the most famous fossils of all time is Archaeopteryx, which combines feathers and skeletal structures peculiar to birds with features of dinosaurs. A flock's worth of other feathered fossil species, some more avian and some less, has also been found. A sequence of fossils spans the evolution of modern horses from the tiny Eohippus. Whales had four-legged ancestors that walked on land, and creatures known as Ambulocetus and Rodhocetus helped to make that transition [see "The Mammals That Conquered the Seas," by Kate Wong; Scientific American, May]. Fossil seashells trace the evolution of various mollusks through millions of years. Perhaps 20 or more hominids (not all of them our ancestors) fill the gap between Lucy the australopithecine and modern humans.

Creationists, though, dismiss these fossil studies. They argue that Archaeopteryx is not a missing link between reptiles and birds--it is just an extinct bird with reptilian features. They want evolutionists to produce a weird, chimeric monster that cannot be classified as belonging to any known group. Even if a creationist does accept a fossil as transitional between two species, he or she may then insist on seeing other fossils intermediate between it and the first two. These frustrating requests can proceed ad infinitum and place an unreasonable burden on the always incomplete fossil record.

Nevertheless, evolutionists can cite further supportive evidence from molecular biology. All organisms share most of the same genes, but as evolution predicts, the structures of these genes and their products diverge among species, in keeping with their evolutionary relationships. Geneticists speak of the "molecular clock" that records the passage of time. These molecular data also show how various organisms are transitional within evolution.


Catus amat piscem, sed non vult tingere plantas

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: bordsilver

#70 2016-12-27 14:48:43

sfstacker
Member
Registered: 2016-10-25
Posts: 384
Trades :   

Re: The Earth is flat?

ShinyStuff wrote:

This is why science is still labels it "Theory" as there is no proof.

Shiny.

Natural selection is part of evolution.

Natural selection is when the workings of nature dictate what will survive. For example, a litter of multicolored mice is born in a snowy region. It's the white mice who are camouflaged against the snow. They're not seen well by predators. Instead it's their brown, black, and grey siblings that get spotted and eaten. Eventually only mice with white fur survive in this arctic environment. So that means only mice with white fur are able to breed. Now when the mice have litters all but one or two is white.  That is the natural order of things. Hence natural selection.

I'm actually mad that you can be an adult(I'm assuming) and still not understand these simple concepts.

Smh...

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: bordsilver

#71 2016-12-27 16:09:05

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2014-03-01
Posts: 13,437
Trades :   122 
Website

Re: The Earth is flat?

sfstacker wrote:

I'm actually mad that you can be an adult(I'm assuming) and still not understand these simple concepts.

Smh...

He won't listen. He is a Creationist and will reject all evidence that does not reinforce his dogmatic position.


Catus amat piscem, sed non vult tingere plantas

Offline

#72 2016-12-27 16:15:54

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: The Earth is flat?

I reject all evolution theory's

Offline

#73 2016-12-27 16:18:38

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: The Earth is flat?

At least until the Abo's invent the wheel

Offline

#74 2016-12-27 16:20:02

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: The Earth is flat?

Or my grandkids turn black from living in a sunny country

Offline

#75 2016-12-27 16:42:10

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2014-03-01
Posts: 13,437
Trades :   122 
Website

Re: The Earth is flat?

radiobirdman wrote:

I reject all evolution theory's

radiobirdman wrote:

At least until the Abo's invent the wheel

radiobirdman wrote:

Or my grandkids turn black from living in a sunny country

That's almost a poem.


Catus amat piscem, sed non vult tingere plantas

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB