Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is closed. It will open again next Wednesday.

#76 2016-12-30 06:44:15

perfulator
Trades :   

Re: Lunar Panda #3 ROOSTER

It will be hard to compile at 69 set... ;-)

#77 2016-12-30 07:20:49

andrewlee10
Trades :   24 
Website

perfulator wrote:

It will be hard to compile at 69 set... ;-)

Good idea which might make me to keep one set of 69

www.chinesemedals.com  Here is our website. We do collect, but we also sell what we collect, to folks like you, all over the world.

#78 2017-01-08 08:54:37

andrewlee10
Website

12542_img_7844.jpg

This screen shot from friend. Sorry to make it here.   

Unbelievable MINT always make errors on purposes. ANYONE BELIEVE IT? I am do not trust it at all.

Show the evident and video proof of interview if Cheng Huan is interviewing by him not just by talk. It is really ........

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2017-01-08 09:01:00)

www.chinesemedals.com  Here is our website. We do collect, but we also sell what we collect, to folks like you, all over the world.

#79 2017-01-08 09:35:15

Bobbie
Trades :   

I repeat what was stated previously. There is no forked series. The real deal is the one that Andy & Bob currently sponsor. If more proof is needed look at the labels on the graded medals. Also I don't think anyone is buying these medals because of the artist. I don't think anyone will know who the true artist is on these medals. The mint can say whoever they want to say is the artist. Maybe they have an up and coming artist they want to promote. It would be easy to just put anyone's name on the Coa. However, the artist is only one piece of the puzzle. Execution of the design is equally important. You could take a famous artist design like Leonardo De Vinci and do a coin from his artwork. If the execution  of this coin is no good, finished coin will still stink. The people I think that are buying these lunar pandas are buying because of the finished product. They could care less who the artist is. In my opinion Andy & Bob go out of their way to make sure all the components of the finished medal are top notch. This is evidenced by the high quality of the 3rd medal in this series.
What are the members thoughts on this?Whats more important?Artist or final product.
Bobbie

#80 2017-01-08 19:39:41

numistacker
Trades :   
Website

Bobbie wrote:

I repeat what was stated previously. There is no forked series. The real deal is the one that Andy & Bob currently sponsor. If more proof is needed look at the labels on the graded medals. Also I don't think anyone is buying these medals because of the artist. I don't think anyone will know who the true artist is on these medals. The mint can say whoever they want to say is the artist. Maybe they have an up and coming artist they want to promote. It would be easy to just put anyone's name on the Coa. However, the artist is only one piece of the puzzle. Execution of the design is equally important. You could take a famous artist design like Leonardo De Vinci and do a coin from his artwork. If the execution  of this coin is no good, finished coin will still stink. The people I think that are buying these lunar pandas are buying because of the finished product. They could care less who the artist is. In my opinion Andy & Bob go out of their way to make sure all the components of the finished medal are top notch. This is evidenced by the high quality of the 3rd medal in this series.
What are the members thoughts on this?Whats more important?Artist or final product.
Bobbie

Bobbie - we haven't met  - i think. And yet you are making accusations.

This is what i posted a few days ago  - perhaps you didn't read it?

"Two beautiful low mintage coins from the Shenyang mint. We are blessed this christmas indeed. Actually I will be picking up all of them and I think the alternative design (whichever is the alternate) adds considerable collector interest and intrigue to what is an excellent series. Future collectors will be trying piece together what artist did what coin? Which was Lucky's and which was Andy's. All i can see is that the series is excellent and both rooster designs are excellent too."

Badon and I are different people and we have different opinions.

I have invested my hard earned money in Panda Lunar 2015, 2016 and in 2017 - Both Designs.

Frankly I have no care about the designer as the name and history of a designer is not as important to me as whether I think the work and the final product is good. Coins and medals seem to be as much a part of the execution as the design in any case.  There has been talk of a fork and a fork implies that one starts with something and then this spawns two different directions. Perhaps there has been a fork? if you consider that the 2015 Panda Lunar (sponsored by Andy and Barsanault) and featuring a folk design and was sold by most western oriented china medal dealers, continued on to a 2016 that had a very different look and feel (classical?) to the previous year. 2017 could therefore have reverted to folk or continued as classical and in 2016 the distribution for these medals changed and the 2016 design became an Andy and Barsanault exclusive and Lucky was not able to continue selling this line. In 2017 Andy and Barsanault continued the exclusive arrangement and the classical design and Lucky was looking for a way of continuing the series so decided to move forward with the folk theme started in 2015 with the sheep/goat.

So we have "classic" for 2016/2017 and folk for 2015/2017. Thus two distinct series have emerged both made by the Shenyang Mint, both with the same mintage and options and both with lovely designs in different styles. I am happy to keep up with both parts and I dont care if its a fork or an alternative it means nothing much in terms of my collecting or actions.

It would not surprise me if Andy and Barsanault continued with the production of beautiful and well executed classic designs and if Lucky continued with the folk theme.

Lucky has a penchant for backfilling (Nanjing Panda 2015) and so I would not be surprised at all to see a retro 2016 folk inspired monkey design.

I don't expect to see a backfilled retro classic design for 2015 from Andy and Barsanault but anything is possible.

So - my conclusion is as it was a couple of days ago.

"Two beautiful low mintage coins from the Shenyang mint. We are blessed this christmas indeed. Actually I will be picking up all of them and I think the alternative design (whichever is the alternate) adds considerable collector interest and intrigue to what is an excellent series. Future collectors will be trying piece together what artist did what coin? Which was Lucky's and which was Andy's. All i can see is that the series is excellent and both rooster designs are excellent too."

We are lucky to have Andy and Barsanault who both do great work in bringing us great products which take an unbelievable amount of time and effort and we are lucky we have great dealers like Lucky too who innovate and bring us alternatives.

The following user says thank you for this post: sgcoins

#81 2017-01-08 20:02:32

perfulator
Trades :   

What accusations Numistacker? I had to reread Bobbies post, and as far as I can tell its a respons to Badons endaviours with the Rooster With Treasure lunar panda fork? As you say, you and Badon are different persons...

#82 2017-01-08 21:51:59

barsenault
Trades :   13 
Website

The bottom line is, we are not going back to do a 'classic' goat.  That is not even possible, nor should it be.  I know it was done with the Nanjing Pandas 2015.  They went back a year to continue the series.  In my humble opinion, something just doesn't seem right with this policy.  Where does the line get drawn?  If it is 1 year, why not 100 and just label it that year, or each subsequent year going back a 100 and call it a series.  I know this is ludicrous, but so would going back 2 years to do a different goat.  The series is just fine the way that it is.  our classical version is recognized for what it is, 'the Lunar Panda' - rooster by NGC. It is also referenced subsequent online magazines.  The other series has morphed to be called the rooster treasure, check out the NGC label.  Simple.  One is the Lunar Panda Series and the other is the Panda Treasure series.  Done. big_smile. See how easy that was...and we can feel great about both of them.

Last edited by barsenault (2017-01-08 22:09:16)

#83 2017-01-09 01:19:00

andrewlee10
Website

andrewlee10 wrote:

Plaster mould will release in August 2016. Price will up from USD182 to USD192 now. Regular customers who intend to get more will get the same price due to the loyalty and support.

The donation receipt to WWF will post here after the shipping to customer.

Here the donation receipt for merchandise SGD400 to wwf for the coming lucky draw.

12542_img_7863.jpg

Here the donation receipt for SGD100 to wwf.

12542_img_7862.jpg

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2017-01-09 01:21:17)

#84 2017-01-09 01:23:06

andrewlee10
Website

WWF Singapore office. It is under renovation so some of the prizes will ready in end Jan 2017. The lucky draw will be in Feb or March 2017.

12542_img_7864.jpg

12542_img_7860.jpg

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2017-01-09 01:23:54)

#85 2017-01-09 10:13:01

numistacker
Trades :   
Website

perfulator wrote:

What accusations Numistacker? I had to reread Bobbies post, and as far as I can tell its a respons to Badons endaviours with the Rooster With Treasure lunar panda fork? As you say, you and Badon are different persons...

I was referring to the post that mentioned me and badon in the same sentence as if we were one person ))

#86 2017-01-09 10:17:10

numistacker
Trades :   
Website

barsenault wrote:

The bottom line is, we are not going back to do a 'classic' goat.  That is not even possible, nor should it be.  I know it was done with the Nanjing Pandas 2015.  They went back a year to continue the series.  In my humble opinion, something just doesn't seem right with this policy.  Where does the line get drawn?  If it is 1 year, why not 100 and just label it that year, or each subsequent year going back a 100 and call it a series.  I know this is ludicrous, but so would going back 2 years to do a different goat.  The series is just fine the way that it is.  our classical version is recognized for what it is, 'the Lunar Panda' - rooster by NGC. It is also referenced subsequent online magazines.  The other series has morphed to be called the rooster treasure, check out the NGC label.  Simple.  One is the Lunar Panda Series and the other is the Panda Treasure series.  Done. big_smile. See how easy that was...and we can feel great about both of them.

Actually It would be quite fun to go back and do a classic goat ... There is a precedent for doing a number of advance years in one year as with perth mint Lunar 1 series proofs. Anyone want to team up with me to fork the series backwards? We would start with a Numi version classic goat for 2015 and then each year we would go back one year with the horse 2014 and the snake 2013. Eventually we would meet Andy and Barsanault in the middle. Anyone for fun and games?

#87 2017-01-09 10:43:59

andrewlee10
Website

numistacker wrote:
barsenault wrote:

Actually It would be quite fun to go back and do a classic goat ... There is a precedent for doing a number of advance years in one year as with perth mint Lunar 1 series proofs. Anyone want to team up with me to fork the series backwards? We would start with a Numi version classic goat for 2015 and then each year we would go back one year with the horse 2014 and the snake 2013. Eventually we would meet Andy and Barsanault in the middle. Anyone for fun and games?

Do you have the relationship and power the get Shenyang mint to agree on it is a question mark !!!

#88 2017-01-09 11:01:54

barsenault
Website

Of course he doesn't.  My good friend numistacker is blowing hot air. Lol.

plus, what more can you add to this classic goat version, not much I'd say.  It's perfect for the classic lunar version, and fits in with the animated rooster treasure too. big_smile

Last edited by barsenault (2017-01-09 11:06:21)

The following user says thank you for this post: numistacker

#89 2017-01-09 11:07:06

numistacker
Trades :   
Website

andrewlee10 wrote:
numistacker wrote:
barsenault wrote:

Do you have the relationship and power the get Shenyang mint to agree on it is a question mark !!!

I know a guy in the local Chinese that is well connected. He has an uncle who knows a cleaner at the mint. I am hopeful...

#90 2017-01-09 12:03:49

barsenault
Website

^^^
LOL!!  Of course Numistacker, and it is good to make light of things.  Life can't be taken too seriously...especially fun stuff like coins.

#91 2017-01-10 00:52:30

andrewlee10
Website

numistacker wrote:
andrewlee10 wrote:
numistacker wrote:

I know a guy in the local Chinese that is well connected. He has an uncle who knows a cleaner at the mint. I am hopeful...

Cleaner Aunty is most important staff in office which access to everyone in the company. Not looking down at them. Definitely she will do better job than the stockist sponsor which you well connect with him.kudo to it

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2017-01-10 00:53:07)

#92 2017-01-15 03:53:47

andrewlee10
Website

There is always baseless information in that forum to attract attention. Keep going out with conspiracy theory and baseless logic which give no real evident which is very irresponsible. 

By the way i have received some prizes from wwf which will post photo tonight.

I will post another prizes photo too.

#93 2017-01-15 06:20:20

perfulator
Trades :   

andrewlee10 wrote:

There is always baseless information in that forum to attract attention. Keep going out with conspiracy theory and baseless logic which give no real evident which is very irresponsible.

I gave up reading that forum.  Too much nonsense and such a relief I can call medals for medals! The only thing I'm missing is the postings about classic medals for sale and sold.

#94 2017-01-15 07:51:39

Stark
Silver Stacker
Trades :   14 

Which forum are you talking about?:)

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty".

#95 2017-01-15 17:52:58

perfulator
Trades :   

It's just my personal view and I don't want to step on any toes, at least most of the toes, so I better not. My point is I feel more at home in this forum. More laid-back, and that suits me.

#96 2017-01-15 21:28:32

andrewlee10
Website

I reading few forums especially as when I need to explore new areas which I has very low knowledge. However, it took many times to get a good one. So I approach customer who specialize in other areas which i do not. I feel more comfortable in that way.

Many are knowing the forum I point here BUT I will not name it.

I forgot to take the wwf prizes photo. However, This is one of the prize.

Gold .999 rooster with "fortune" wording by Shanghai Mint. Mintage 5000 for one corporate customer which we manager to get 100 pieces.

12542_img_7751.jpg

12542_img_7753.jpg

12542_img_7755.jpg

12542_img_7754.jpg

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2017-01-15 21:31:06)

The following user says thank you for this post: Stark

#97 2017-01-15 21:35:26

andrewlee10
Website

By the way, 30 pieces of Original Silver proof rooster panda series has graded NGC which 22 pcs PF70 and 8 pieces PF69. 10 pieces with Shenyang special label. 22 pieces available for sell.

12542_img_8088.jpg

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2017-01-15 21:37:20)

#98 2017-01-17 03:04:14

andrewlee10
Website

We have less than 40 pcs to sell inclusive of ngc graded and omp.

As silver proof first batch was minted at 300 pieces. We yet to decide to mint another batch at this moment. If mint which not more than 100 pieces will mint.

Price will adjust upward for omp very soon. Pf69 still will sell at attractive price which less than 10 pieces for sell for all resellers and ourselves. Rooster is selling faster than monkey panda which we are unable to verify the reason.

#99 2017-01-17 03:27:02

andrewlee10
Website

Shenyang Mint NGC PF70

12542_img_8133.jpg

#100 2017-02-01 00:11:43

andrewlee10
Website

12542_img_7160.jpg

12542_img_8002.jpg

12542_img_8003.jpg

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2017-02-01 00:50:47)

Board footer