Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is closed. It will reopen on Monday.

#1 2016-03-02 17:05:37

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Trades :   122 
Website

China pushing for war, and they may get it

This has been brewing for a long time....

China's takeover of islands and their militarization of the area, the deployment of missiles, the corresponding weapons buildup by China's fearful neighbors, dark economic clouds and a restless Chinese populace that may question the legitimacy of their authoritarian leadership elites, rhetoric from all sides, etc.

And now we have China deploying ships to block access to resource rich regions and key shipping lanes.

Tensions are rising.

Catus amat piscem, sed non vult tingere plantas

#2 2016-03-02 17:09:43

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Website

Re: China pushing for war, and they may get it

And the US is responding in kind due to reasons we'd be well aware of:

US moving towards war with China

...the US is in the process of deploying the most advanced military forces in the world - air, sea and land forces - into the Philippines, including two bases on Palawan Island which juts out into the South China Sea.

Now this is serious militarization of the South China Sea and it is obviously not oriented towards protecting the Philippines or any such thing. It is part of the general provocation towards war with China.

The Chinese have in the last few days made very, very clear that they are aware that there is an attempt to move towards war not only in the South China Sea but also in Korea where the US is now deploying again the most massive, most advanced military forces that they have, which are the most advanced in the world - the F-22 Raptor jets, the THAAD missile systems. We are looking at a general move towards war with China and the Chinese are quite aware. You read the editorials in Global Times and Xinhua; you see that they recognize, like Russia does, that the move of NATO up to their border in Europe is a very serious existential threat, forcing them to respond militarily to defend their nation and ultimately the world.

...a Western financial system which is in a state of total collapse and therefore sees this move by the BRICS nations and especially China and Russia towards establishing a new paradigm for the world based on development, based on human progress, based on the idea of man in the image of God developing the world economy for the benefit of all mankind, that this in the view of the bankrupt financial oligarchs in London and New York must be stopped and this is the kind of thing being pushed through by their idiot President Obama in the White House which has brought the world to the brink of thermonuclear war.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/02/18 … Sea-Russia

#3 2016-03-02 20:01:23

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Website

Chinese Ships Have Taken Over an Atoll in the South China Sea, Reports Say

China has seized a disputed atoll off the coast of the Philippines in the South China Sea, Philippine media reported on Wednesday, with at least five Chinese ships denying access to Filipino fishermen.

The ships now effectively control Quirino Atoll — also known as Jackson Atoll — a spot heavily frequented by fishermen from the nearby Palawan province and several other parts of the country, the Philippine Star newspaper reported.

Local fishermen, requesting anonymity, told the Philippine Star that they were chased away from the area by Chinese boats last week, while the mayor of the northern city of Kalayaan said China has had vessels stationed there for over a month.

"They have many ships there," Mayor Eugenio Bito-onon Jr. said, although he did not provide details.

http://time.com/4244301/china-philippin … china-sea/

#4 2016-03-02 20:06:24

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Website

China to announce biggest military budget increase in nearly a decade as Asian arms race heats up

China is expected to announce its biggest military budget increase in nearly a decade in the next couple of days, fuelled by increasing tensions in the South China Sea and the need for the latest weaponry.

The increase is set to worry countries in the region, who see the massive rise as a driver for an Asian arms race.

China's military insiders say the budget could increase by up to 20 per cent. Last year the budget was $200 billion.

The increase will fund a massive reform program, which will make the People's Liberation Army a meaner and leaner fighting machine.

The world's largest army has cut 300,000 soldiers and money is needed to pay them out.

On top of this, to keep morale and loyalty up, President Xi Jinping will hand out a pay rise.

But the lion's share of the budget will have been spent on updating and modernising China's weaponry.

China's determination is very strong, as Xi Jinping said, we will not lose one inch of the land left by our ancestors — so China will invest more.
Professor Jia Qingguo

"The most expensive part will be the advanced weapon systems — the missile systems," Professor Shi Yinhong said.

"If we describe China's defence expenditure as a sword, the sharp point are these systems."

Tensions in the South China Sea are also driving the increase, and much of the modernisation drive will be directed into China's navy, which is critical to enforcing territorial claims.

Hawks driving policy on both sides

Jia Qingguo, a professor of international relations from Peking University, said the problem was that hawks from both sides were now in control.

"China is a rising power. The US is an established power," Professor Qingguo said.

"These two can't get along peacefully so, ultimately, there will be a confrontation. People are pushing this argument, and its affecting the choices of the governments."

Professor Yinhong said China's position on the South China Sea could not be moved.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-03/c … et/7215480

Last edited by SpacePete (2016-03-02 20:06:48)

#5 2016-03-02 21:51:11

Court Jester
Silver Stacker
Trades :   41 

Death to America

<--------------------------------------------------------- SIDEWAYS --------------------------------------------------------->
quote=sammysilver 25/10/13  ----- PMs will drive silver to over $30 by Christmas with the GSR dropping to sub 50. I've overextended myself at sub $24 but will keep buying up to $30 then sell half my stack at Easter at $36 and buy up on the next dip if there is one.
Running Telly of incorrect to correct Predictions by SammySilver -- 7:1 as of 10/08/16

The following user says thank you for this post: picturefun

#6 2016-03-02 22:40:42

BuggedOut
Trades :   36 

If America goes down then Australia goes down too...so, no thanks.

This is why Americans need to vote for anti-establishment candidates this year.  This is the only way the established power in the US can go down without bloodshed.  The American voters are the worlds best hope for peace.

The following user says thank you for this post: motorbikez

#7 2016-03-02 23:26:33

ParanoidAndroid
Trades :   21 

BuggedOut wrote:

This is why Americans need to vote for anti-establishment candidates this year.  This is the only way the established power in the US can go down without bloodshed.  The American voters are the worlds best hope for peace.

+1 Yet again for another sane post from Bugged Out.

I hoped Trump could have been that person but I think his ego may eventually get in the way. I don't know the other sane alternative but I really hope the yanks get it right.

The state of the whole planet could very well hinge on this election, providing the election doesn't come too late to make a difference.

The following 4 users say thank you for this post: BuggedOut, SpacePete, lucky luke, motorbikez

#8 2016-03-02 23:47:56

BuggedOut

Trump has an ego problem, but he seems to have a mutual respect of Putin and in the past he has opposed mid-East conflicts.

So, regardless of his other policies, if he manages to pull the U.S. out of the mid-East quagmire, stops the covert ops to undermine governments there and fosters a genuine friendship with Russia then he will go down in my version of history as the best US president in 50 years.  He can build his Mexican wall if he really wants and I'd still give him the Nobel peace prize because there is no way in world China goes to war with the U.S. without Russia onside.

#9 2016-03-03 00:01:38

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker

BuggedOut wrote:

Australia would be better off becoming a neutral country like Switzerland is. If wars or world wars break out we will (should) avoid being targeted or dragged into them just like Switzerland avoided them in first and second world wars.

The second part you said there would be good to happen but I not hold my breath it will happen even if someone who is anti-establishment is elected I doubt they can do what they want because the US president shares his power with congress, ect.  Just look at what happened with Obama and all the things he wanted to do but could only do some. I also imagine US foreign policy and actions abroad are more under the CIA, ect and the US president is a puppet on those matters.

The following 4 users say thank you for this post: tozak, lucky luke, yennus, picturefun

#10 2016-03-03 00:30:45

BuggedOut

Easier said than done.  Australians needed the U.S. alliance to deter attack, since it is pretty much isolated and surrounded by countries that are not naturally friendly.  Unlike Switzerland, Australia has a massive border to protect and is very easy to invade.  Switzerland is a mountainous stronghold - practically a fortress that is incredibly difficult to invade.  People also are quick to forget that the U.S. saved our bacon in WWII.  If not for them pushing in the Pacific and Phillipines to draw the Japanese forces then Australia probably would have fallen to the Japanese.

Don't underestimate the power of the U.S. Presidency, especially a popular one.  Trump would be able to push through a lot of things with Republican support and also have populist pressure to apply to congress that Obama does not have.

Trump is definitely a wild card, but with the state of play in the world today I'd be desperate enough for change to play the wild card and I think a lot of Americans are desperate enough too.

#11 2016-03-03 01:15:29

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker

BuggedOut wrote:

Easier said than done.  Australians needed the U.S. alliance to deter attack, since it is pretty much isolated and surrounded by countries that are not naturally friendly.  Unlike Switzerland, Australia has a massive border to protect and is very easy to invade.  Switzerland is a mountainous stronghold - practically a fortress that is incredibly difficult to invade.  People also are quick to forget that the U.S. saved our bacon in WWII.  If not for them pushing in the Pacific and Phillipines to draw the Japanese forces then Australia probably would have fallen to the Japanese.

Why did Japan want to invade Australia in the first place during second world war?

America never saved our butt because Japan never actually planned an invasion.

Proposed Japanese invasion of Australia during World War II

In Australia the government, the military and the people were deeply alarmed after the fall of Singapore in February 1942 about the possibility of a Japanese invasion of Australia. Japan had the military capability, and Australia lacked defenses. Japan never actually planned an invasion, but the fear of one led Australia to form a close reliance on the United States to protect itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_ … rld_War_II

World War 3 will be completely different to WW2.  WW2 was mainly fought with ground invasion equipment like tanks, ect and infantry soldiers, bombers and ships too. That will be practically all obsolete because WW3 will mainly be fought with high tech missiles, lasers, nukes, bio chemical. Who needs planes or ships to deliver bombs now? A different warfare.  If WW3 happens America will have so much trouble trying to fight/defend for itself that it won't be able to give much help to any other country, especially our vast nation.  Also, how do you think America is going to protect us from Russian and Chinese ICBM nukes from falling in Australia capital cities? They can't, so in other words, America cannot protect us in WW3. People should realize that.

Best to go neutral let the others nuke themselves out. Most of the nukes will be falling in the Northern Hemisphere and we are in the south of the Southern Hemisphere which should give us a reprieve from the radiation fallout for who knows how long. But at least the Southern Hemisphere should still be able to support life unlike the Northern which will be stuffed.

Siding with the US will ONLY make sure Australia will be nuked in WW3.  That is a certainty if it goes full blown out nuclear war.  Unless we go neutral. Then we have a chance to avoid that.

#12 2016-03-03 01:29:11

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Website

^^ Even so, I wouldnt want to be living in Canberra or Sydney if countries start lobbing nukes.

#13 2016-03-03 01:50:38

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker

SilverPete wrote:

^^ Even so, I wouldnt want to be living in Canberra or Sydney if countries start lobbing nukes.

Or here in Melbourne or any other Oz capital city for that matter. They don't even need to use ICBM, plenty of those deadly hidden subs lurking to lob them nukes.

Australia is blessed with vast land. Plenty of country places and national parks to flee too, far away from capital cities if nukes start falling there. Gotta leave before they start falling though. Best to have a rural retreat to flee too.

People should realize the US, UK or any other ally cannot protect us from nukes if WW3 happens.

The following user says thank you for this post: SpacePete

#14 2016-03-03 02:30:37

BuggedOut

Interesting stuff from Wikipedia though I am a bit skeptical.  Even though it claims there were no plans, invading Australia was considered a "future option" of Operation FS if things went well.  Operation FS didn't go ahead because of defeats at Midway etc (at the hands of the U.S.). We were already in that war due to allegiance to the UK, but they did not respond to our request for assistance - the U.S. did.  Anyway, it's history now but the loyalty there should not be considered insignificant.

The alliance to US today is much more about deterrent rather than practical US defence of Australia.  Without alliance we could quite easily be invaded by a country like Indonesia, whose military dwarfs our own.

As for nukes being the guts of WW3, yes I've thought that and it scares the [email protected] out of me.  I have always considered "head west" in the case of major war because Australia IS blessed with vast terrain that wouldn't have 100% nuke coverage.  Though as I get older I genuinely wonder if I would even want to survive a nuclear war. We'd all be f**ked and maybe better to go out in the initial blasts rather than survive a few months of misery and go our starving with radiation poisoning.

Such a depressing topic, but all the more reason why the people need to stop voting for psychos who will take us to the brink of annihilation for self interest.

#15 2016-03-03 02:39:25

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker

BuggedOut wrote:

As for nukes being the guts of WW3, yes I've thought that and it scares the [email protected] out of me.

Me too!  sad

BuggedOut wrote:

Such a depressing topic, but all the more reason why the people need to stop voting for psychos who will take us to the brink of annihilation for self interest.

I agree with that too!

#16 2016-03-03 03:46:52

alor
Silver Stacker
Trades :   39 

When one talk about South China Sea, they are talking about China Sea, not Phillipina Sea or Amerikan Sea.

so this is China Sea, they have their name written on it.

How to fit the logic when China says it is their Sea ; "China Sea" be the same to the Sea not belong to China. (which is the International Sea, ie Japan Sea and Phillipina Sea smile

China Sea is = as Not China Sea

When the THAAD going to SK, then the provocateur is not US but SK ??

but when is China be targeting the thread ???

In military strategy a potential thread is a target to be eliminated.

The Pieces going to be place there, and upgraded again and again on the islands

For their own security and self protections.

The better protected the areas are, the more stable the conditions of the surrounding area be.

Hear Say See -> N o t h i n g
May this stacking hobby be my blessing smile

The following user says thank you for this post: picturefun

#17 2016-03-03 04:19:45

SilverDJ

There are very good and very important reasons why two nuclear powers have never gone to war in the history of the nuclear age.
Cooler heads always prevail. There will be no war between China and the US, it's all just politics and posturing.

#18 2016-03-03 04:20:34

alor
Silver Stacker

Japan could not get through to Australia since the troops were stuck in Indonesia, too many island to coordinate, too many numbers required to maintain the occupancy control.

As for future, the Indonesian can go neutral, so the attacking armies can bypass that and go straight to Australia and NZ

So if Russia & China do attack  most likely by sea fleet and would build their bases in Indonesia and launch their attack down under.

The targets are most likely military, since their intentions are conquest rather than annihilation, as compared with US-Japan strategy which is to kill as many as possible ie nukes their cities.

Underground facilities are not build because the government or our so call authorities do not give a darn of the lives of the very people that elect them to power. sad

The Cabal wants a Pax Judaica so the logical conclusion is to get two big powers to reduce each others numbers, so that a third small pax can rise and rule the world smile which would have lesser "useless eaters"

#19 2016-03-03 04:26:16

SilverDJ

BuggedOut wrote:

As for nukes being the guts of WW3, yes I've thought that and it scares the [email protected] out of me.  I have always considered "head west" in the case of major war because Australia IS blessed with vast terrain that wouldn't have 100% nuke coverage.  Though as I get older I genuinely wonder if I would even want to survive a nuclear war. We'd all be f**ked and maybe better to go out in the initial blasts rather than survive a few months of misery and go our starving with radiation poisoning.

For those interested in such things, watch Deterrence:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/deterrence/
The ending is, well, interesting...

#20 2016-03-03 04:29:14

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
Trades :   102 
Website

alor wrote:

Japan could not get through to Australia since the troops were stuck in Indonesia, too many island to coordinate, too many numbers required to maintain the occupancy control.

If you believe the local amateur historians, the Japanese landed on Townsend Island, 100km to the north of Yeppoon during WW2. They died of malnutrition or dehydration. Apparently there is a cover up, systematic may know more as he's into conspiracy theories but the military do use the island as their main target practice for bombing. Destroying the evidence???

It's about 600 - 700 km north of Brisvegas.

The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

#21 2016-03-03 04:30:14

SilverDJ

BuggedOut wrote:

They need this guy:

#22 2016-03-03 04:34:23

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker

SilverDJ wrote:

There are very good and very important reasons why two nuclear powers have never gone to war in the history of the nuclear age.
Cooler heads always prevail.

Always or so far?

#23 2016-03-03 04:40:55

SilverDJ

Skyrocket wrote:

Always or so far?

Obviously you can't predict the future, but history has shown that leaders do no want their countries destroyed. It would require a true mad man with total control of the launch procedure and the people involved to start it.
North Korea is currently the only such nuclear state that would close to that capability.
If you think Trump, Hillary, Jinping, or Pu has the power to just push a button, then you don't know how the system works.
But Pakistan does keep many people awake at night...

Last edited by SilverDJ (2016-03-03 04:43:20)

#24 2016-03-03 04:45:30

alor
Silver Stacker

it was in the movies, they successfully prevented the day..." Terminator: Genisys"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNU_jrPxs-0

so there is not going to be missiles being launched smile just like the movie...may be there is going to be future movies update ???

#25 2016-03-03 04:50:53

alor
Silver Stacker

mmm....shiney! wrote:
alor wrote:

If you believe the local amateur historians, the Japanese landed on Townsend Island, 100km to the north of Yeppoon during WW2. They died of malnutrition or dehydration. Apparently there is a cover up, systematic may know more as he's into conspiracy theories but the military do use the island as their main target practice for bombing. Destroying the evidence???

It's about 600 - 700 km north of Brisvegas.

Those could be captured Chinese that were turned to wear Japan uniform and waive the Sun flag.

When the SUN worship come to mind, then there is always the need for sacrificial blood; that could be it.

Board footer