Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is open.

#26 2016-03-07 04:33:33

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2014-07-20
Posts: 4,860
Trades :   36 

Re: Welcome to Europe

mmm....shiney! wrote:
fishtaco wrote:
mmm....shiney! wrote:

I'm all for multi-cultural societies, but I'm also against one culture imposing it's values on another.

So how do you go about preserving a Nation's culture without imposing your values on to another?

Simple! by upholding your own Nations culture and values. If another culture enters your culture they must adhere to your Nations culture and values above their own until they return to their own Nation unless they conquer your Nation in which case you have no say in the matter.

So what's this nation's culture?


Australia's culture is relative new compared to most others because it and NZ were discovered last.  Our culture was English, then European, now going multicultural. Most people that came integrated well in our culture.  As such our way of life has not changed much.

The thing that should NOT be allowed to happen is what is happening now in the EU where they opened the flood gates to millions of Islamic background young men/people who have no intention of integrating but to bring their barbaric religion/culture there. (The refugees/migrants going over are even saying that) One only has to look in the past decade at the UK, Sweden, France, ect  at all the trouble those Islamic background migrants have/are causing there. They are deliberately dividing/destroying the culture there. That's bad and anyone that wants that to happen to Australia is un Australian.

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: Rick SA, Ozboy

#27 2016-03-07 04:49:01

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
From: 昆士蘭
Registered: 2010-11-15
Posts: 15,930
Trades :   102 
Website

Re: Welcome to Europe

So the changes that have happened in the past should not be allowed to happen again?


The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

Offline

#28 2016-03-07 05:13:26

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2014-07-20
Posts: 4,860
Trades :   36 

Re: Welcome to Europe

mmm....shiney! wrote:

So the changes that have happened in the past should not be allowed to happen again?


Now is not the distant past as I explained in my second prior post.

Last edited by Skyrocket (2016-03-07 05:27:01)

Offline

#29 2016-03-07 05:29:44

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
From: 昆士蘭
Registered: 2010-11-15
Posts: 15,930
Trades :   102 
Website

Re: Welcome to Europe

Skyrocket wrote:
mmm....shiney! wrote:

So the changes that have happened in the past should not be allowed to happen again?


Now is not the distant past as I explained in my second prior post.

Your perception of what is the distant past is irrelevant.


The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

Offline

#30 2016-03-07 05:50:09

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2014-07-20
Posts: 4,860
Trades :   36 

Re: Welcome to Europe

mmm....shiney! wrote:

Your perception of what is the distant past is irrelevant.



What is your relevant opinion on the matter then?

Offline

#31 2016-03-07 06:06:59

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
From: 昆士蘭
Registered: 2010-11-15
Posts: 15,930
Trades :   102 
Website

Re: Welcome to Europe

Skyrocket wrote:
mmm....shiney! wrote:

Your perception of what is the distant past is irrelevant.



What is your relevant opinion on the matter then?


Your's and my opinion of what is culture is irrelevant.

You cannot argue that one culture has precedence and therefore needs protection over another simply because it is the dominant culture at the time.


The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

Offline

#32 2016-03-07 08:28:27

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2014-07-20
Posts: 4,860
Trades :   36 

Re: Welcome to Europe

I think you missed my point.

I'm beginning to think you would like it better if there were no different cultures but every nations culture is the same as the next. They're all the same multiculture.  A nation that doesn't have it's own culture and identity appeals to you?  hmm

Offline

#33 2016-03-07 18:20:09

Revils
Silver Stacker
From: Australia
Registered: 2013-06-20
Posts: 844
Trades :   53 

Re: Welcome to Europe

Australian culture is pretty bland. Mostly commercialised non-traditions or simply European traditions done wrong.
The things we were leading in as a young nation - inventiveness, work-life balance, egalitarianism - have all been watered-down or lost from how we identify ourselves and brands and gimmicks have taken their place.

Offline

#34 2016-03-07 18:37:39

Mintaka
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2012-12-12
Posts: 344
Trades :   12 

Re: Welcome to Europe

Jnkmbx, perhaps women should run for office but only men and tax payers should vote.  The liberation of women has betrayed society by destroying women, debasing them, destroying men and killing yet to be born babies.  I cannot think of a single value that women have not utterly debased and destroyed and I cannot name one single way our culture is better than it was in the 1950's.


Rest In Peace, Amjad Mohammed Ben Sasi. May your name live long and true in a world full of lies.

Offline

#35 2016-03-07 20:45:09

GrindeRyan
Member
Registered: 2015-01-05
Posts: 31
Trades :   

Re: Welcome to Europe

Theoretically refugees are in danger in their homeland, which is why there is a moral argument to accepting them.  Their assimilation into society is a function of themselves and the country they enter. If there are no programs to ensure integration and money is thrown in their direction, what is their motive to join society? The argument becomes more complex because we know that not all refugees are really refugees; creating offshore detention centres and all of the associated problems.

If a person is willing to risk their lives and the lives of their families on a creaky raft across a dangerous ocean, I think they should be given temporary asylum. Programs should be put in place where temporary asylum seekers are given opportunities to assist with the growth of our country.  If they do not they are transported to an appropriate location. I can't see any fairer way of dealing with the situation but I'm interested in ideas.

Offline

#36 2016-03-07 20:57:20

Mintaka
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2012-12-12
Posts: 344
Trades :   12 

Re: Welcome to Europe

GR, the culturally similar Gulf states should take more refugees.  Our culture is just flat out incompatible and it is no wonder that poor, illiterate and jobless and hostile migrant Muslims tend not to integrate.  TPVs may be seen as sugar on the table. They should not recieve welfare benefits because those benefits incentivise the people smuggler trade.  Human traffickers often force women into sex work to pay off the "debt".  Abbott stopped the human trafficking industry.  That is a good thing imho.


Rest In Peace, Amjad Mohammed Ben Sasi. May your name live long and true in a world full of lies.

Offline

#37 2016-03-07 21:41:55

tolly_67
Member
Registered: 2010-05-17
Posts: 1,752
Trades :   

Re: Welcome to Europe

GrindeRyan wrote:

Theoretically refugees are in danger in their homeland, which is why there is a moral argument to accepting them.  Their assimilation into society is a function of themselves and the country they enter. If there are no programs to ensure integration and money is thrown in their direction, what is their motive to join society? The argument becomes more complex because we know that not all refugees are really refugees; creating offshore detention centres and all of the associated problems.

If a person is willing to risk their lives and the lives of their families on a creaky raft across a dangerous ocean, I think they should be given temporary asylum. Programs should be put in place where temporary asylum seekers are given opportunities to assist with the growth of our country.  If they do not they are transported to an appropriate location. I can't see any fairer way of dealing with the situation but I'm interested in ideas.

O.k......enough of this kind of post. You are obviously on the wrong forum.

Offline

#38 2016-03-07 21:43:31

tolly_67
Member
Registered: 2010-05-17
Posts: 1,752
Trades :   

Re: Welcome to Europe

It's us and them.....o.k.......black and white, good and evil.....fear them, don't help them......

Offline

#39 2016-03-08 01:42:00

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
From: 昆士蘭
Registered: 2010-11-15
Posts: 15,930
Trades :   102 
Website

Re: Welcome to Europe

Skyrocket wrote:

I think you missed my point.

I'm beginning to think you would like it better if there were no different cultures but every nations culture is the same as the next.



I think I did miss your point if that's what you think I think. big_smile


Skyrocket wrote:

A nation that doesn't have it's own culture and identity appeals to you?  hmm

I like the culture idea, it's the nation bit that I don't like.


The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

Offline

#40 2016-03-08 02:59:31

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2014-07-20
Posts: 4,860
Trades :   36 

Re: Welcome to Europe

mmm....shiney! wrote:
Skyrocket wrote:

A nation that doesn't have it's own culture and identity appeals to you?  hmm

I like the culture idea, it's the nation bit that I don't like.



Go tell that to all the people in the EU that their nation has to be multicultural and ethnically cleansed. Europe had a long rich culture and identity which is fading. Many people there are already complaining about feeling like strangers in their own country. That sense of belonging to their own country/people will be gone, slowly being replaced with Islam.

Offline

#41 2016-03-08 04:25:38

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
From: 昆士蘭
Registered: 2010-11-15
Posts: 15,930
Trades :   102 
Website

Re: Welcome to Europe

Skyrocket wrote:
mmm....shiney! wrote:
Skyrocket wrote:

A nation that doesn't have it's own culture and identity appeals to you?  hmm

I like the culture idea, it's the nation bit that I don't like.



Go tell that to all the people in the EU that their nation has to be multicultural and ethnically cleansed. Europe had a long rich culture and identity which is fading. Many people there are already complaining about feeling like strangers in their own country. That sense of belonging to their own country/people will be gone, slowly being replaced with Islam.

Just privatise countries. Then the owners can decide who they let in.

I know, wishful thinking. lol


The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

Offline

#42 2016-03-08 04:36:47

scrooged
Member
From: Melbs
Registered: 2014-05-06
Posts: 1,227
Trades :   54 

Re: Welcome to Europe

Skyrocket wrote:
mmm....shiney! wrote:
Skyrocket wrote:

A nation that doesn't have it's own culture and identity appeals to you?  hmm

I like the culture idea, it's the nation bit that I don't like.



Go tell that to all the people in the "EU", that their nation has lost any form of Sovereignty anyway.

Offline

#43 2016-03-08 05:54:54

JulieW
Silver Stacker
From: Australia
Registered: 2010-10-14
Posts: 11,099

Re: Welcome to Europe

Edit to add irony note due to previous posts. Not that I don't enjoy songs about utopia by millionaire wife bashers.

Last edited by JulieW (2016-03-08 11:41:52)

Offline

#44 2016-03-08 06:58:06

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
From: 昆士蘭
Registered: 2010-11-15
Posts: 15,930
Trades :   102 
Website

Re: Welcome to Europe

JulieW wrote:

Platitudes seem to sell.


The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

Offline

#45 2016-03-08 11:20:39

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2014-07-20
Posts: 4,860
Trades :   36 

Re: Welcome to Europe

You two are dreaming like Lennon, not imagining.  It's all wishful dreaming and none of it will happen in any of our lifetimes.

Offline

#46 2016-03-08 15:38:35

DanielM
Silver Stacker
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2012-10-23
Posts: 2,988
Trades :   31 

Re: Welcome to Europe

col0016 wrote:
Skyrocket wrote:


Discussions welcome on whether or not letting Europe become too multicultural towards Islamic migrants and the now recent Islamic refugees was a good or bad idea.

Are they integrating into European culture well like all the non-Islamic background people have?

What will the long term future of this bring to Europe?

Why did the EU (dictatorship) do this for and/or were they the only ones behind it?

Who does it benefit and who not?

To be honest what has happened to Europe has shaken my open border beliefs.

However, I wonder if there was no welfare, if they'd all still make the trip. Cut welfare and then open the borders?

Cut welfare, close the boarders, give those on welfare 6 months to get a job or end up outside those borders


Don't be shy....Stack it high!!

Offline

#47 2016-03-08 16:52:19

tiddleyetom
Member
From: Kiwi in Denmark
Registered: 2012-11-24
Posts: 142
Trades :   

Re: Welcome to Europe

A lot of women are becoming frightened to be out on their own now, many are arming themselves with pepper spray etc.. Generally becoming a problem that isnt being addressed by govts..
Not so bad where I am at the moment but plenty of refugees moving in and being nannied over by the state. If we get as many allowed here as our neighbour countries have got then I can see things hitting the fan ..

Offline

#48 2016-03-09 03:46:46

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2014-07-20
Posts: 4,860
Trades :   36 

Re: Welcome to Europe

tiddleyetom wrote:

A lot of women are becoming frightened to be out on their own now, many are arming themselves with pepper spray etc.. Generally becoming a problem that isnt being addressed by govts..
Not so bad where I am at the moment but plenty of refugees moving in and being nannied over by the state. If we get as many allowed here as our neighbour countries have got then I can see things hitting the fan ..


Good idea your women arming themselves.  Those Islamic refugee/migrants have no respect for women. They treat them like sh*t and bash them for no reason. They are not going to change their views towards women because that is their custom/belief. 
Disgraceful the EU government putting all those young foreigner refugee/migrant scums before all your women there that they are supposed to protect.  I feel sorry for what lies ahead for all the women there.

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: tiddleyetom

#49 2016-03-09 05:29:08

Mintaka
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2012-12-12
Posts: 344
Trades :   12 

Re: Welcome to Europe


At 34 minutes Ezra does a must see interview with a Somalian woman who lives in Sweden and cannot see her immediate family.  Her life is in danger because she wants to enjoy the same freedom that Western women have.  If we can't protect women like  Mona Walter we are doing it wrong.


Rest In Peace, Amjad Mohammed Ben Sasi. May your name live long and true in a world full of lies.

Offline

#50 2016-03-09 05:44:25

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2014-07-20
Posts: 4,860
Trades :   36 

Re: Welcome to Europe

Thanks, that Mona Walter story was good!   Stupid EU let the enemy in to live with them.  That was expected to happen but many here still can't see that.

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: Mintaka

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB