Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is archived. Please visit the new forums at www.silverstackers.com. Password reset may be required!

#26 2016-04-05 09:40:22

systematic
Trades :   

Re: astrological predictions(mma)

Topherclaus wrote:
systematic wrote:

This post definitely will make every single viewer dumber for having seen it. This guy is as much a nutter as all of the others, he just presents it as 'science' to carry his claims. The only level to which when you were born has been proved to have an effect is to do with seasonal changes, which makes sense with gestation and available nutrients and vitamins available. This claim that the gravity of the planets has anything to do with it is just looney. Do the math and see the numbers for yourself. They're orders of magnitude less than your environmental gravity even (the attraction of 2 people to each other via the laws of gravity). So to suggest that they have any impact is as ridiculous as saying that you feel a little heavier because a mosquito flew by you. And even that had a larger force than the gravity of the other planets.

I didnt realise you were an astrophysicist ... look into quantum mechanics ... nah i doubt you have any scientific qualifications at all ... it is clear from your post that you know bugger all about science ... instead of espousing your prejudice why not listen to this interview with a Nobel laureate ... http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pro … ss/2989818

Last edited by systematic (2016-04-05 10:04:01)

if everyone is thinking the same, we aren't thinking very much ...

#27 2016-04-05 22:10:27

Topherclaus
Trades :   15 

Quantum mechanics is so poorly understood that even the best in the field wouldn't be able to be as certain about any of it as this bloke is about what he's dribbling. Physics works entirely differently at a quantum level and we're constantly finding new things, but I can guarantee you that what he said was entirely bullshit.

I study physics as part of my degree and I have a particular interest in it, so I can definitely see wheat from chaff when it comes to claims like this.

If the gravity of the planets could have that effect on a developing child then interactions with the way people walk around you would have an effect too. Seriously, people on earth have a  bigger gravitational effect on you than those planets. The effect is effectively ZERO. If you had any scientific background you could understand that.

The force from Jupiter when it is closest to the Earth is only 0.0000037% of the force from the Earth. So if I weigh 90kg, the force of the earth on me is ~ 900N, the force of Jupiter when it is closest to earth is 0.000333N. So imagine this force on a developing baby. NOTHING. Every movement the mother makes has a larger force. Literally breathing has a larger force.

An addiction to drugs would be cheaper.
- silver and gold anon. member -

#28 2016-04-05 22:46:26

systematic
Trades :   

It seems you also either didnt listen to the interview with Dr Edelman or didnt undertand it. Seriously the "science" you quote is rubbish ... gravity is poorly understood but its there ... newtonian physics is on the way out ... saying quantum mechanics is poorly understood may be the case for you but not for others ... you dont have to believe or not believe in astrology either ... but it doesnt mean there is nothing in it ...

According to "physics" the EM drive shouldnt work either ... but it does ....

"A group at NASA's Johnson Space Center has successfully tested an electromagnetic (EM) propulsion drive in a vacuum – a major breakthrough for a multi-year international effort comprising several competing research teams. Thrust measurements of the EM Drive defy classical physics' expectations that such a closed (microwave) cavity should be unusable for space propulsion because of the law of conservation of momentum."

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/04 … -em-drive/

Last edited by systematic (2016-04-05 23:13:25)

#29 2016-04-05 23:17:33

systematic
Trades :   

The physics you are studying for your degree is probably the same rubbish i studied 30 years ago for my degree ... we dont know everything ...

#30 2016-04-05 23:45:00

Topherclaus

If that ABC link to the laureate chat had less to do with what has been discussed here it would be a cat video. Please tell me you were high when you made that connection.

Last edited by Topherclaus (2016-04-05 23:46:57)

#31 2016-04-06 01:12:25

systematic
Trades :   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_New … lt_studies

Last edited by systematic (2016-04-06 02:51:50)

#32 2016-04-06 03:17:07

Topherclaus

What's your point? Are you suggesting gravity isn't real? It is measurable. It's one of the most fundamental laws of nature, who cares who first made it mainstream thinking. The calculations are used constantly and dependably.

#33 2016-04-06 03:24:06

systematic
Trades :   

BTW we now know gravity is not constant ... google it ... maybe you will learn something instead of parroting old paradigms ...

#34 2016-04-06 04:16:28

Topherclaus

systematic wrote:

BTW we now know gravity is not constant ... google it ... maybe you will learn something instead of parroting old paradigms ...

You sent me a link to a guy NOT talking about ANYTHING relevant to the topic, I got a link to how Newton had some wacky ideas (but plenty of great ones), and now you can't even bother to read what I said. I KNOW gravity isn't constant. Anybody with a physics understanding greater than 9th grade knows that and it is not what I said; what I was saying was that the formulae give usable, accurate data. I never said that gravity is a constant, genius.

I am actually very confused with what you believe but I can tell you straight up that astrology is one of the most nonsensical concepts that humans have ever come up with and trying to use a clearly limited understanding of science to 'prove' it is dishonest.

#35 2016-04-06 04:18:05

systematic
Trades :   

Thats because you are ignorant ... going to a physics class doesnt make you a scientist any more than standing in a garage makes you a mechanic ...

Last edited by systematic (2016-04-06 04:18:30)

#36 2016-04-06 04:28:48

systematic
Trades :   

There is an anecdote of an account when the British astronomer Sir Edmund Halley supposedly spoke deprecatingly about astrology to Newton, he is said to have responded, "I have studied the matter [astrology], you sir, have not."

You would do well take heed of that ...

#37 2016-04-06 04:30:43

Topherclaus

systematic wrote:

Thats because you are ignorant ... going to a physics class doesnt make you a scientist any more than standing in a garage makes you a mechanic ...

Nope, but going to a mechanic class would... lol. You twat.

I am actually fairly convinced you're trolling based on the idiocy I've seen so far. Though that would also pair with believing astrology so either way I'm talking to a brick wall who wants to either be right or be noticed so I guess you got the latter for a while but to no avail. I'm sorry you fell so far down the rabbit hole buddy, it takes a lot of reasoning to get out, and your lack thereof is how you got in this mess in the first place.

#38 2016-04-06 04:34:20

systematic
Trades :   

First get a degree in old physics that is outdated more than 200 years ... it might give your ego a boost and make you feel good ... at least your lecturers get a chance to keep a spot on the faculty and pay their mortgages .... but as i discovered it is just the beginning ... as for trolling it is you that is coming into the thread and bagging it ... and your references  to getting high ... cat teams ... and addiction to drugs in your slogan has no place in this thread ...

Last edited by systematic (2016-04-06 04:47:42)

#39 2016-04-09 19:22:31

Peter

Gold is exhibiting a similar chart setup. Like the DJIA, Gold had formed a three-point downward trendline on its weekly chart, connecting the highs going back to August 2013, to the high February 2016. It finally broke above that trendline, when it was about 1245-1250 in the first week of March. Once broken, Gold rallied to its recent high of 1287.80 March 11. However, instead of continuing the breakout upwards, it reversed and fell back to 1206, this creating a range of about $40.00 above and below the breakout point of 1245. Will the DJIA and Gold continue trading around those fulcrum points of 17,650 and 1245 respectively? Or will they resume the direction of their upside breakouts? Or will they reverse and start to decline in earnest? We may know the answer shortly as both Mars and Pluto turn retrograde April 17-18.

Copied from
New.mmacycles.com

"It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: Holdfast, systematic

#40 2016-04-16 15:09:53

Peter

we move into Mars retrograde, April 17, one day before Pluto does the same. It will be like putting on the brakes after discovering you have gone way above the speed limit. The police car up ahead noticed that too. Quickly, figure out your explanation for the sudden acceleration. Quickly, calm down and don't lose your temper, as the officer approaches your vehicle. He is not smiling. This may be no win-win situation, so be careful not to make it worse than it needs to be. Do not offer to buy tickets to local police fund raising community picnic. Appeasement will not work, nor will fighting back. It's Pluto in Capricorn. It's karma, for past corruption. It's the Panama Papers, being caught and exposed for all kinds of stupid things you did in the past.

SHORT-TERM GEOCOMICS & LONGER-TERM THOUGHTS

New
Mmacycles

"It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

The following user says thank you for this post: systematic

#41 2016-04-25 06:13:57

Peter

How will this affect financial markets? Well, mutable means no trend lasts very long. Bullish sentiment turns to bearish sentiment in a short span of time, like every 1-3 weeks. Mercury retrograde has a similar dynamic, but only with a shorter life span. That is, sentiment can change every 1-4 days as markets whipsaw back and forth amidst unexpected events and contradictory announcements by political and banking leaders. In addition, this tends to be a period of 'fake outs," via technical and charting studies, where a bullish signal is quickly followed by a bearish signal and vice-versa. Resistance and support price levels can be broken, fostering the illusion that a trend is in force. That's one reason why Mercury is often referred to as "The Trickster." What you see is not what you get. However, within 1-4 days, the price can suddenly reverse and nega

Copied from
New.mmacycles.com

#42 2016-05-01 07:08:12

Peter

This is an especially active time in the heavens. Not only are five planets in retrograde (that is a lot), including the trickster Mercury, but next week we will find a harmonious grand trine playing out between the Sun and Venus (in Taurus) to Jupiter and Pluto (in Virgo and Capricorn). That is an earth sign grand trine, which usually means "money." This favorable configuration starts May 3 and lasts through May 13. This  may account for the strong rally in Crude Oil, since Jupiter will also turn direct on May 9 and is part of these two grand trines (three is we count Mercury doing the same right after that and into early June).

This is one reason why it is not wise to get too bearish on the stock market. Yes, equities can fall into this period, especially given that Mercury is retrograding at 23 degrees of Taurus, which makes a hard aspect to the New York Stock Exchange chart (May 17, 1792, known as "The Buttonwood" chart). If they do continue to fall into this period, it suggests a strong rally will follow. Another reason is that Mercury and Mars are retrograde. These are notorious "fake out" signatures where financial markets are concerned. The stock market may look bearish today, but that can change around the middle of this period (May 10), which is also nearby to when Mercury's transit will eclipse the Sun (a rather rare event) on May 9. Any market that does not reverse its recent trend around the time Mercury turns retrograde, tends to do so near the midpoint of that retrograde journey. Mercury is retrograde April 28-May 22. Plan accordingly.

From new.mmacycles.com

#43 2016-05-01 07:37:59

alor
Silver Stacker
Trades :   39 

check the heavens with Stellarium just forward to the future dates and pause it and observed.

Hear Say See -> N o t h i n g
May this stacking hobby be my blessing smile

#44 2016-05-07 17:40:32

Peter

Besides being in the middle of favorable Jupiter transits, which can give a temporary spike to stocks, there are other notable geocosmic signatures unfolding now. On Monday, Mercury will eclipse the Sun, a rare phenomenon that happens about 13 times per century. In the skies, it will look like a black speck crossing in front of the Sun for about 6-7 hours.  If you are looking for it, use proper safety glasses. I am not sure that by itself will affect financial markets, but I think May 10 could, since that is when the midpoint to this Mercury retrograde period occurs, and midpoints of Mercury retrograde have a strong correlation to reversals in financial markets that did not reverse when Mercury turned retrograde on April 28, +/- 1 day.

Another important cosmic occurrence this week occurs when heliocentric Mercury begins its 11-day journey through Sagittarius, May 13-24. This will be fascinating because that pairing usually corresponds to sharp price movements in metals and currencies (usually up),  but it is occurring near the end of Mercury retrograde, which is a time that is usually not very volatile for financial markets. Which will dominate? Or will we see both expressions manifest?

#45 2016-05-14 06:09:59

Peter

This is a noteworthy week for a strange reason: there are no geocentric major aspects forming by transiting planets, May 14-21. That implies that whatever the trends are going into this week, they will not change. Markets that have been declining will continue to decline and those that have been rising will continue to rise. Unless they don't (nothing is iron clad under Mercury and Mars both retrograde, and past correlations are no guarantee of future performance. What is a more likely observation is that world leaders (political and banking) will continue to abruptly change their positions and spin their thinking in an effort to distract from their erratic thinking and behavior.

#46 2016-05-29 23:44:59

Peter

was a fascinating post-Mercury retrograde week. Mercury ended its retrograde motion last weekend, May 22, and started a nice rally on Tuesday that held throughout the week. Crude Oil also broke the 50.00 mark briefly for the first time in 7 months. The Dollar also rallied to a new 2-month high as concerns about a Fed rate hike in June persisted. The hawkish talk on interest rates had a chilling effect on Gold and Silver, however, which fell to new multi-week lows. Gold is challenging the $1200 mark, and Silver the $16.00 level.

This week is additionally important because both the Sun and Venus will enter the middle degrees of Gemini, forming a grand square (translation) to the Jupiter-Saturn-Neptune T-square, June 1-4. With Venus involved, this can correlate with a major reversal in policies again, directly coinciding with a trend reversal in many financial markets, but especially pertinent to currencies, stocks, Soybeans, and Crude Oil. It is interesting to note that the USA payroll reports come out on Friday, June 3, right in the midst of these signatures. Expect a wild reaction to that report.

Copied from new.mmacycles.com

Last edited by Peter (2016-05-29 23:49:17)

#47 2016-06-11 18:48:42

Peter

Fundamentally, the equity markets of the world may also be falling on concerns about the possible exit of the United Kingdom from the Eurozone. Ironically enough, that vote takes place on June 23, right in the midst of all these powerful geocosmic signatures. Could the UK actually vote to exit? Yes, it is possible, given these signatures. On June 13, Neptune turns retrograde and on June 17, Saturn squares Neptune. That is a lot of Neptune, which means a lot of uncertainty and confusion. It doesn't get any less confusing when Mars turns direct on June 29. However, it may get a lot more bitter as tempers and blame run very high. When you have a time band highlighting both Mars and Neptune, it coincides with a climate where world leaders are in a passive-aggressive mode. Everyone's angry, but afraid to show it. No one wants to assume blame, but many may be quick to place blame on others, yet never voicing the real causes behind what actually happens. Markets don't like this type of uncertainty, so with Neptune, we may not really know where the boundaries are – where the bottom or top of a market reaction may be. The

#48 2016-06-25 17:43:12

Peter

discussed in the Forecast Books and webinars, if the Dollar peaks out within six months of January 2017, it favors a Republican being elected president. And now, after the Brexit vote, all safe haven financial vehicles go up (US Dollar, Gold, and US Treasuries). However, I don't think the Dollar will remain strong because the Fed will now work overtime – and possibly engage in overkill – to engineer monetary policy and financial markets. They will not raise rates (ZIRP returns). They may even implement more policies of accommodation (maybe the return of QE programs). They will do whatever is in their power to keep interest rates down. Because of this, I think the spike up in the Dollar will be short-lived, but the spike up in Gold and Treasuries will last at least into the election.

Mmacycles.com

#49 2016-06-25 17:45:44

Old Codger
Silver Stacker

No matter, we are all gunna drown when all the ice melts, komrade tim flannery said so,  and he would not lie to me would he?

would he?

OC

"The Australian Labor Party is a democratic socialist party and has the objective of the democratic socialisation of industry, production, distribution and exchange, to the extent necessary to eliminate exploitation and other anti-social features in these fields."   -  ALP Constitution.

The following user says thank you for this post: southerncross

#50 2016-07-16 19:55:50

Peter

far as financial markets go, July is likely to continue seeing wild action. Those that have been going up, can continue going up, and then suddenly reverse sharply, all by the first week of August. This is not a stable time, probably will not be until September 9-10, when Saturn makes its last passage in its square to Neptune, and Jupiter moves from volatile Virgo to balanced Libra.

Copied from
Weekly predictions
Mmacycles.com

Last edited by Peter (2016-07-16 19:57:30)

Board footer