Announcement

Forum registration is open.

#76 2016-03-28 12:25:22

sammysilver
Silver Stacker
Trades :   189 
Website

Re: War on Cash continues

Read it last night. All the reasons to ban $100 notes, not one mention of why some people choose to use them in an honest way. Not trusting banks or governments for instance.

The price we pay for the good life is public servitude.

The following user says thank you for this post: jnkmbx

#77 2016-03-28 14:03:29

projack
Silver Stacker
Trades :   143 

44_imagesca0u8dvp.jpg
This article is absolute propaganda nonsense, without any fact or numbers to support what is actually stated in it. Matter of fact very much reminds me the 30s and 40s Nazi propaganda machine. I am not even convinced by reading that rubbish that the person who actually wrote it believes in it. Rather looks to me it was ordered by the editor.
It is already very hard to get $100 bills from the bank even if I order them in advance. This is the reason few Australian see it, since they are already restricted. We do not have increasing problems with illegal activities in Australia on epic proportions as suggested in the article. Most likely much less problem today than it was 20 years ago.
The target is the honest population to bulldoze them in compulsory hi fee banking.
I personally use Australian cash oversees in Europe because Australian banks charge around 10% between buying and selling rates. Here in Europe I can get 1%, and I have no intention to donate 9% to the Australian banks for nothing.
One thing is sure AUD100 in not a big deal AUD50 is 32 euros we can even use coins for it soon.
Unfortunately we don't have our Nigel Farage yet, but he is the product of the time so we will have one soon if the Australian government not restrain itself, because Australians are much smarter and better informed, than Europinas.

The US dollars and Treasury debt called "risk off" because the global fiat system can only survive as long as that remains the case.

The following 4 users say thank you for this post: Roswell Crash Survivor, sammysilver, willrocks, yennus

#78 2016-03-28 17:14:12

jnkmbx
Trades :   
Website

sammysilver wrote:

not one mention of why some people choose to use them in an honest way. Not trusting banks or governments for instance.

Well, they couldn't possibly start to have people ponder why banks or governments are not trusted by others - they might just stumble upon an eye opener wink

"If you can't bone it, you don't own it" @_@
Tin Foil Hat Brigade Member

Successful trades with: Ben Bernanke, Con, Poochie, Osama, Masataka Shimizu, Alan Kohler, Alyssa Bustamante and the Scat Man (Ski Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop!)

#79 2016-03-28 23:49:39

Jislizard
Silver Stacker
Trades :   57 

SilverDJ wrote:

I am surprised at how many small businesses openly flout GST rules. From takeaway restaurants that only accept cash

I love how they are presumed guilty until proven innocent roll
There is no legal requirement on a business to accept credit cards. In fact it can be a PITA.

Our coffee shop doesn't have EFTPOS or any Credit Card Facilities, too expensive. We lose the occasional customer but most have enough for a cup of coffee.

Now stacking: World Junk Silver Coins.
Swap your older, worn, dirty fractional silver coins for fiat, .999 rounds or legal tender. 
Individual coins, mixed lots or bulk. 
Not looking for Australian, bent, holed or damaged coins, thanks!

#80 2016-03-29 00:10:30

errol43
Silver Stacker
Trades :   

I wonder how the Politicians will get their bribes in the US AND HOW WILL THE wALL ST BANKERS pay for their highs. smile

Mo cash! No way!

Regards Errol 43

#81 2016-04-21 17:30:26

boneyard
Silver Stacker
Website

From column 8 in the SMH

"I advise that the enlarged golden 'bacteria' on the new five dollar note are an artistic recognition that handling money has always been one of the most effective ways of transporting myriads of organisms all over the world."

Slowly but surely.............

"We should know where we're going, so we know when we get there..."

The following user says thank you for this post: SpacePete

#82 2016-04-21 19:10:53

PeterS
Trades :   

I heard comment that the new $5 note is the first in a process to "upgrade" all our notes. Presumably all notes up to the  $100 will be replaced and the old notes will be allowed to go out of circulation by attrition with no time limit placed on their remaining legal tender................

The following user says thank you for this post: Clawhammer

#83 2016-04-26 07:18:43

JulieW
Silver Stacker

#84 2016-04-26 07:21:19

Stoic Phoenix
Silver Stacker
Trades :   182 
Website

^ they were envisaging and reporting on similiar in the late 80's still not going to hold my breathe 30 years later

www.searchnstay.com    ....for all your accommodation needs worldwide

#85 2016-04-26 07:21:41

JulieW
Silver Stacker

#86 2016-04-26 07:39:45

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Trades :   122 
Website

Stoic Phoenix wrote:

^ they were envisaging and reporting on similiar in the late 80's still not going to hold my breathe 30 years later

The important bit is not the use of fingerprints, it is the justification and scope creep:

From another article:

When Japan introduced their collection of biometric data (face and
fingerprints) in 2006, there was a bit of a stink in that the law didn't set
limits on what the data could and could not be used for. The then current Prime
Minister and head of the Ministry of Justice said the data would only be used
to scan for known terrorists and criminals, but they admitted that the
information could be used for domestic law enforcement as necessary.

Catus amat piscem, sed non vult tingere plantas

#87 2016-04-26 07:46:26

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Website

I don't know WTF this is (some sort of sample essay) but saw it when following a link from one of the stories (argues that all Americans should be biochipped from birth):

No one can imagine the angst that a parent feels when they realize their child is missing. Whether it is an estranged parent absconding with the children, a predator kidnapping a child, or the child simply disappearing while out, the fear of the unknown must be staggering.

The numbers related to child abduction alone are beyond words.

* A child is taken in the United States every 40 seconds
* In 2001, over 840,000 people were reported missing
* The FBI reports that 85-90 percent of those missing are children
* 2,000 children are reported missing in America everyday

Those numbers seem completely unreal, and are fueling the debate for these personal chip identifiers to be implanted in children upon birth. For parents this becomes the perfect means to be able to quickly locate their child once he or she is missing. No more hoping they will walk through the door one day. This technological innovation has made it so police can go right to the spot where the chip is located and get the child. This will not only help to keep children safe, but should also deter many from taking a child knowing he or she can be so easily tracked. There is a thin line between the so-called feeling of lack of freedom and the actual protection. From many points of view, the kids' safety is a lot more important.

Aiding the Government to Fight Crime and Terrorism

Each year more than two million people are released from prison to begin some form of probationary period. While many act in accordance with the guidelines of their parole, there are tens of thousands who flee. A taxed probation department is not equipped to keep tabs on and find those who are missing, meaning that many people who have committed serious crimes are free without any kind of supervision. This includes…

* Rapists
* censored - this word gets our forum blocked
* Gang Members
* Arsonists
* Drug Dealers
* Murderers

Implanting a chip into those who are released from prison will instantly allow the officials to be able to track down those who are missing, and to know their whereabouts at all times.

This is not the only benefit. Those who enter a country and may be a concern to the government can also be better tracked. This would decrease the ability of these men and women to commit heinous acts.

Ensuring that Citizens Come Home Safely

Every year thousands of American citizens visit another country never to return. Their family and friends simply never hear from them and spend their lives wondering what happened. The vast majority, especially women, wind up involved in human tracking, forced into the sex trade where they are drugged and raped on a regular basis.

Conclusion

Nothing can be done to assist these people but the chip would change that. The tracker would allow the government to immediately find where a person is at and work with the local authorities to retrieve them.

http://technologyessays.org/essay-about … gy-sample/

Last edited by SpacePete (2016-04-26 07:48:37)

The following user says thank you for this post: bordsilver

#88 2016-05-01 03:14:49

alor
Silver Stacker
Trades :   39 

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/card-n … tor=CS1-10

Card, not cash, is king in South Korea

Hear Say See -> N o t h i n g
May this stacking hobby be my blessing smile

The following user says thank you for this post: SpacePete

#89 2016-05-01 03:47:04

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Website

alor wrote:

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/card-n … tor=CS1-10

Card, not cash, is king in South Korea

And here's how they'll gradually eliminate notes and coins:

system is being tested for retailers who receive cash to give back change not in coins but as credit in the customer's T-money card or credit card.

#90 2016-05-01 05:17:07

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
Trades :   102 
Website

^ I imagine it will also make it more difficult for retailers to hide cash transactions. If the change is given for a cash sale to customers as an electronic debit from the retailer's account, then the retailer will have to reimburse that account at some stage with cash.

The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

The following user says thank you for this post: Holdfast

#91 2016-05-01 05:51:19

kramer
Trades :   40 

If that occurred there would be a Black market for cash!

#92 2016-05-01 06:44:12

alor
Silver Stacker

cash usually got buried (coins), then people dig it out after a long time.

#93 2016-05-01 18:31:36

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
Trades :   102 
Website

kramer wrote:

If that occurred there would be a Black market for cash!

Discounts to encourage tendering the exact amount?

Last edited by mmm....shiney! (2016-05-01 18:36:57)

The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

#94 2016-05-04 22:44:11

alor
Silver Stacker

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-0 … eu500-bill

The War On Paper Currency Officially Begins: ECB Ends Production Of €500 Bill

*ECB ENDS PRODUCTION AND ISSUANCE OF €500 BANKNOTE
*ECB SAYS ISSUANCE OF EU500 NOTE TO STOP AROUND THE END OF 2018
*ECB SAYS OTHER EURO BANKNOTES WILL STAY IN PLACE
*ECB: EU500 CAN BE EXCHANGED AT CEN BANKS FOR UNLIMITED TIME
And just like that the second highest denominated European bank note in circulation (after the CHF1000 Bill) is dead...

#95 2016-05-20 05:01:14

alor
Silver Stacker

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: mmm....shiney!, Clawhammer

#96 2016-05-20 05:12:43

alor
Silver Stacker

the colour coding is wrongly applied on the chart

Advanced should have orange colour

Tipping point should be green colour

anyway at the tip here at 61% cashless / Non-cash

#97 2016-05-26 01:42:12

alor
Silver Stacker

This Is The Maximum Amount Of Cash You Can Take Out At A Venezuela ATM

http://www.zerohedge.com/print/561854

cash%20venz%202_0.jpg

#98 2016-05-26 02:25:25

BuggedOut
Trades :   37 

Yes, but can you buy a loaf of bread with it?  Or do you need a wheelbarrow full of the stuff?

#99 2016-09-11 19:41:20

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Website

"Another solution to negative interest rates is to buy physical gold. But if the government has a war on cash, can the war on gold be far behind? Probably not."

How Governments Can Kill Cash

It's almost as if someone hit the 'start' button right around April 11 — the beginning of IMF Spring Meeting week — and the elites have been cranking out the inflation plans ever since.

Of course, inflation is just one part of the global elite plan. There's a lot else going on that is aimed at destroying your wealth to solve the global debt problem.

We write about these developments in Strategic Intelligence. Here's a quick overview to give you the picture.

The inflation plans described above may take a few years to implement. The elites are discussing them now to condition the intellectual environment for action later. Still, developments such as actual changes in fiscal deficits and issuance of more special drawing rights (SDRs) will take time.

In the meantime, the global elites are using negative interest rates to do the same thing as inflation — make your money disappear. One way to avoid negative interest rates is to go to physical cash. In order to prevent that option, the elites have launched a war on cash.

The war on cash has two main thrusts. The first is to make it difficult to obtain cash in the first place. US banks will report anyone taking more than US$3,000 in cash as engaging in a 'suspicious activity' using Treasury Form SAR (Suspicious Activity Report).

It is the same in Australia. Any transactions over AU$10,000 must be reported to Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC).

The second thrust is to eliminate large-denomination banknotes. The US got rid of its US$500 note in 1969, and the US$100 note has lost 85% of its purchasing power since then.

With a little more inflation, the US$100 bill will be reduced to chump change.

The war on cash is old news, but there are new developments. On 4 May 2016, the European Central Bank announced that they were discontinuing the production of new 500 euro notes. Existing 500 euro notes will still be legal tender, but new ones will not be produced.

This means that, over time, the notes will be in short supply and individuals in need of large denominations may actually bid up the price above face value paying, say, €502 in smaller bills for a €500 note. The €2.00 premium in this example is like a negative interest rate on cash.

The whole idea of the war on cash is to force savers into digital bank accounts, so their money can be taken from them in the form of negative interest rates. An easy solution to this is to go to physical cash.

Yet if physical cash becomes scarce — or nearly worthless due to inflation — savers may pay a slight premium for large-denomination notes. Your premium disappears because the note pays no interest. The elites have actually figured out a way to have negative interest rates follow you from digital accounts to paper money.

How To Protect Yourself Against The War on Cash

Another solution to negative interest rates is to buy physical gold. But if the government has a war on cash, can the war on gold be far behind? Probably not.

Governments always use money laundering, drug dealing and terrorism as excuses to keep tabs on honest citizens and deprive them of the ability to use money alternatives such as physical cash and gold. When you start to see news articles about criminals using gold instead of cash, that's a stalking horse for government regulation of gold.

Guess what? Back in May 2016, Bloomberg wrote an article on criminals using gold. This is one more reason to get your physical gold now, while you still can.

As if inflation, confiscation, and negative rates weren't enough, the global elites are coordinating a new plan for global taxation. As usual, there's a technical name for global taxation so non-elites won't understand the plan. It's called base erosion and profit shifting, or 'BEPS'.

The BEPS project is being handled by the OECD and the G-20, with the IMF contributing technical support.

The website is worth a look. To paraphrase that famous line attributed to Trotsky, 'You may not be interested in BEPS, but BEPS is interested in you.'

The global elite plan doesn't stop there. There's also the climate change agenda led by the United Nations. This agenda goes by the name United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).

The science of climate change is a sticky topic. It's enough to know that climate change is a convenient platform for world money and world taxation.

That's because climate change does not respect national borders. If you have a global problem, then you can justify global solutions. A global tax plan to pay for global climate change infrastructure with world money is the end game.

Don't think that climate change is unrelated to the international monetary system. Christine Lagarde almost never gives a speech on finance without mentioning climate change. The same is true for other monetary elites. They know that climate change is their path to global financial control.

That's the global elite plan. World money, world inflation and world taxation, with the IMF as the central bank of the world, and the G-20 Leaders as the Board of Directors.

None of this is secret. It's all hiding in plain sight.

http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/govern … 016/09/07/

#100 2016-09-11 19:42:31

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Website

"World money, world inflation and world taxation, with the IMF as the central bank of the world, and the G-20 Leaders as the Board of Directors."

Board footer