Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is closed. It will open again next Wednesday.

#26 2015-04-22 05:00:20

andrewlee10
Trades :   24 
Website

Re: Chinese medals - silver isn't the only composition!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/China-2011-Silv … 2a4f93dca7

Tintcat is selling No box BUT only coa. I have one anyone would like offer me slight lower than his price of USD1,400? No box and coa. I might consider offload it at price range of [email protected] = SGD1620-1755.

Please note that it is nonofficial mints from China for Xi Shi:P

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2015-04-22 05:07:06)

www.chinesemedals.com  Here is our website. We do collect, but we also sell what we collect, to folks like you, all over the world.

The following user says thank you for this post: Stark

#27 2015-04-23 12:06:44

mmissinglink
Trades :   19 

andrewlee10 wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/China-2011-Silv … 2a4f93dca7

Tintcat is selling No box BUT only coa. I have one anyone would like offer me slight lower than his price of USD1,400? No box and coa. I might consider offload it at price range of [email protected] = SGD1620-1755.

Please note that it is nonofficial mints from China for Xi Shi:P

Xi-Shi Holding a Pearl medal in silver....I am trying to put together the money right now.

Max mintage of 50...really scarce. As far as medals is concerned, this silver medal epitomizes what Chinese medals should be -  awesome design, super low mintage, very big, and silver!

In some ways, we are not that different

#28 2015-04-23 13:13:10

Stark
Silver Stacker
Trades :   14 

In eBay listing is mentioned with original box? hmm

Anyway both silver he listed were gone in less than 48 hours.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty".

#29 2015-04-23 13:22:33

KeepOnTrying!
Trades :   

mmissinglink wrote:

Stay tuned to this channel Stark. I will be posting some pics of a Chinese medal with a classical artistically and tastefully sculpted nude beauty you won't to miss. This next medal is guaranteed to make your eyes pop.

Mmsing do you still plan to post this medal here? Do we need to be ready to buy any remaining ones?!!

KeepOnTrying and never give up!

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: Stark, mmissinglink

#30 2015-04-23 13:28:24

KeepOnTrying!
Trades :   

Guys, does anyone know the name of the Mint that produced the xi shi medal and the artist/designer?
Thanks.

#31 2015-04-23 14:33:18

Gatito Bandito
Trades :   12 

Stark wrote:

In eBay listing is mentioned with original box? hmm

Anyway both silver he listed were gone in less than 48 hours.

Probably barsenault.. lol

#32 2015-04-23 17:01:48

mmissinglink

KeepOnTrying! wrote:
mmissinglink wrote:

Stay tuned to this channel Stark. I will be posting some pics of a Chinese medal with a classical artistically and tastefully sculpted nude beauty you won't to miss. This next medal is guaranteed to make your eyes pop.

Mmsing do you still plan to post this medal here? Do we need to be ready to buy any remaining ones?!!

Sorry...I've had company over the past couple days and I am just stepping out for a few hours now. My intention is to post at least two really nice medals tonight (one's that have not been mentioned before in this forum that I know of).

But of course, if you know of any beauties (whether you own or not), please share yourself. Some medals we can all dream of owning.

#33 2015-04-23 19:11:03

KeepOnTrying!
Trades :   

mmissinglink wrote:
KeepOnTrying! wrote:
mmissinglink wrote:

Sorry...I've had company over the past couple days and I am just stepping out for a few hours now. My intention is to post at least two really nice medals tonight (one's that have not been mentioned before in this forum that I know of).

But of course, if you know of any beauties (whether you own or not), please share yourself. Some medals we can all dream of owning.

Ooo! I can't wait to see it!!!

#34 2015-04-23 23:52:28

mmissinglink

As some of you might also be, I am a lover of science and a big fan of the cosmos and celestial bodies....these things just fascinate me immensely.

I am also, as some of you might be, a lover of beauty and beautiful works or art and craftsmanship.

So perhaps it's no surprise that when the two are joined together (science and beauty) in a Chinese medal, it's going to be a big winner with me.

Introducing "Transit of Venus".

But first, a little context of what the Transit of Venus is in astronomy (which is the study of the cosmos):
"Transits of Venus are among the rarest of predictable celestial phenomena and occur in pairs, eight years apart, which are themselves separated by more than a century....the next pair of transits will occur on 10–11 December 2117 and in December 2125"   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transit_of_Venus,_2012

With no further ado the "Transit of Venus" brass and copper medal set.....
Produced in 2012
Size:  70mm
Weight:  more than 300 grams

Please keep in mind that these 2 medals are still in the sealed plastic pouch so the medals are not going to look exactly as they would if they were seen without the plastic pouch. I took a number of pictures with the lights in various positions and I selected the pictures in which the refracted light off the pouches was least a visual nuisance.

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_brass_medal_box_a.jpg
Brass medal Box

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_brass_medal_coa_front_a.jpg
COA of brass medal with number blacked out by me

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_brass_medal_coa_back_a.jpg
This is the back of the COA of the brass medal with what I believe is the signature of the medal designer.....which is very rare I think. But please correct me if I am wrong if anyone knows for certain.

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_brass_medal_sun_side_a.jpg
Brass medal Sun side

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_brass_medal_venus_side_a.jpg
Brass medal Venus side

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_brass_medal_venus_side_2_a.jpg
Brass medal Venus side (different angle lighting)

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_copper_medal_box_a.jpg
Box for copper medal

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_copper_medal_coa_front_a.jpg
COA of copper medal with number blacked out by me

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_copper_medal_coa_back_a.jpg
This is the back of the COA of the copper medal with what I believe is the signature of the medal designer.....which is very rare I think. But please correct me if I am wrong if anyone knows for certain.

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_copper_medal_sun_side_2_a.jpg
Copper medal Sun side

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_copper_medal_sun_side_a.jpg
Copper medal Sun side (different angle lighting)

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_copper_medal_venus_side_2_a.jpg
Copper medal Venus side

8838_2012_transit_of_venus_copper_medal_venus_side_a.jpg
Copper medal Venus side (different angle lighting)

The following 3 users say thank you for this post: KeepOnTrying!, Elkslayer132, Stark

#35 2015-04-24 00:25:26

andrewlee10
Website

I cannot authentic the signature BUT it is the designer signature in Chinese character.

Is by non-official mints. However, she is more beauty than my old lady (mexico libetard at home).

www.chinesemedals.com  Here is our website. We do collect, but we also sell what we collect, to folks like you, all over the world.

The following user says thank you for this post: mmissinglink

#36 2015-04-24 00:32:41

KeepOnTrying!
Trades :   

mmissinglink wrote:

As some of you might also be, I am a lover of science and a big fan of the cosmos and celestial bodies....these things just fascinate me immensely.

I am also, as some of you might be, a lover of beauty and beautiful works or art and craftsmanship.

So perhaps it's no surprise that when the two are joined together (science and beauty) in a Chinese medal, it's going to be a big winner with me.

But first, a little context of what the Transit of Venus is in astronomy (which is the study of the cosmos):
"Transits of Venus are among the rarest of predictable celestial phenomena and occur in pairs, eight years apart, which are themselves separated by more than a century....the next pair of transits will occur on 10–11 December 2117 and in December 2125"   

Produced in 2012

Please keep in mind that these 2 medals are still in the sealed plastic pouch so the medals are not going to look exactly as they would if they were seen without the plastic pouch. I took a number of pictures with the lights in various positions and I selected the pictures in which the refracted light off the pouches was least a visual nuisance.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/upload … _box_a.jpg
Brass medal Box

http://forums.silverstackers.com/upload … ront_a.jpg

http://forums.silverstackers.com/upload … back_a.jpg
This is the back of the COA of the brass medal with what I believe is the signature of the medal designer.....which is very rare I think. But please correct me if I am wrong if anyone knows for certain.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/upload … side_a.jpg
Brass medal Sun side

Brass medal Venus side

http://forums.silverstackers.com/upload … de_2_a.jpg

Box for copper medal

This is the back of the COA of the copper medal with what I believe is the signature of the medal designer.....which is very rare I think. But please correct me if I am wrong if anyone knows for certain.

Copper medal Sun side

Copper medal Venus side

This is incredibly beautiful. Where did you find it. Any more in existence? Any possibility of finding one to buy?

#37 2015-04-24 01:09:16

Stark
Silver Stacker

I 100% agree with last poster.:)

I was one day quickly searching for medals from some old thread on this forum (will post link later; it's also in *show your favorites* on the 2nd page of this subforum) and I was not able to basically find anything.

Which indicates that:
-some stuff is extremely rare
-owners don't want to sell it
-all above

^^

#38 2015-04-24 09:47:12

mmissinglink

Mintage:

100 brass
100 copper
10 silver

I came across the seller on eBay a while back and I knew right there and then I had to buy the set because of the beautiful design, subject matter, and very low mintage. The fact that it was produced by a non-official mint wasn't important to me because I am not buying these medals to flip, but rather to appreciate the craftsmanship for many years.

I will dig up the seller's eBay name...maybe he has another set for sale. I will share that name when I find it.

Last edited by mmissinglink (2015-04-24 09:52:13)

#39 2015-04-24 19:21:45

mmissinglink

A more affordable yet beautiful medal is the 2014 65th Anniversary People's Republic of China copper medal. I am not intending to promote any seller by using these pictures, but they are the only one's I have access to. Not as thick as the Xi-Shi or Transit of Venus medals but larger in diameter and priced considerably less.

Size:  90mm
Weight:  280 grams

8838_2014_65th_anniversary_prc_great_wall_copper_medal_enlarged.jpg

8838_2014_65th_anniversary_prc_great_wall_copper_medal_2_enlarged.jpg

8838_2014_65th_anniversary_prc_great_wall_copper_medal_coa.jpg
COA

8838_2014_65th_anniversary_prc_great_wall_copper_medal_box.jpg
Wooden box

Last edited by mmissinglink (2015-04-24 19:23:58)

#40 2015-04-24 20:27:22

andrewlee10
Website

I like the second photo much. Must ask any ag

#41 2015-04-24 21:13:55

andrewlee10
Website

Hi mmising,

You might like to send email to Shanghai mints and ask them about this medal. Is that mints and issue by them? Generally , I did not come across that Shanghai mints Coa does state the retail price of the medal. In additional, the company stamp of Shanghai mints in the Coa is lack of the wording co., Ltd in china character.

I might spot more things later after my breakfast of this medal

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2015-04-25 00:07:19)

#42 2015-04-24 21:37:21

barsenault
Trades :   13 
Website

^^^^in other words it is most likely a fake. :-(((

#43 2015-04-24 23:39:56

mmissinglink

Or a real medal but just not produced by the Shanghai Mint. In other words, a fake implies that there is a genuine item of the same design that is being imitated and reproduced specifically for the purpose of tricking people into believing that the reproduced item is the genuine one. If there is no genuine one to begin with, then there can be no fake.

The description in the auction states nowhere that this medal is produced by the Shanghai Mint. Can there be a mint that has a similar name to the Shanghai mint? Sure. After all, all you have to do is a Google search and you will find dozens of links to comments about company names that are similar and legal.

Of course, there can be medals made to look as if they are made from valuable metals but I doubt that some mint would go through the trouble of trying to create a medal that is not copper to look like copper....I just don't think the cost to do that would be ever recouped if they are charging $40 for a very large intricately detailed medal, plus free overseas shipping, plus a lined wood box, fancy printed paper box, and a COA.

My guess is that the medal is real copper and that the design is original....not a replica of some Shanghai Mint medal. But if you have evidence to the contrary, please provide.

#44 2015-04-25 00:18:39

andrewlee10
Website

mmissinglink wrote:

Or a real medal but just not produced by the Shanghai Mint. In other words, a fake implies that there is a genuine item of the same design that is being imitated and reproduced specifically for the purpose of tricking people into believing that the reproduced item is the genuine one. If there is no genuine one to begin with, then there can be no fake.

The description in the auction states nowhere that this medal is produced by the Shanghai Mint. Can there be a mint that has a similar name to the Shanghai mint? Sure. After all, all you have to do is a Google search and you will find dozens of links to comments about company names that are similar and legal.

Of course, there can be medals made to look as if they are made from valuable metals but I doubt that some mint would go through the trouble of trying to create a medal that is not copper to look like copper....I just don't think the cost to do that would be ever recouped if they are charging $40 for a very large intricately detailed medal, plus free overseas shipping, plus a lined wood box, fancy printed paper box, and a COA.

My guess is that the medal is real copper and that the design is original....not a replica of some Shanghai Mint medal. But if you have evidence to the contrary, please provide.

I think the design not from the official mints Shanghai mints. It can be orginal from this company.

The definition of "fake" can be varies from person to person and situation to situation.

I do not call this medal as fake if I follow your definition. Therefore, I ask to email the official mints Shanghai mints to verify keke.

Others might view it as fake in their ditionary.

Example, Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) did has trade marks and so on. A China chain restaurant use the word KFchicken and selling fried chicken. Is this call fake ?

KFC say yes and the other party say no.

In the end this case went to court.

This is a realize court case in china. However I cannot remember the name use and the aurguement points there.

#45 2015-04-25 08:54:07

mmissinglink

andrewlee10 wrote:
mmissinglink wrote:

I think the design not from the official mints Shanghai mints. It can be orginal from this company.

The definition of "fake" can be varies from person to person and situation to situation.

I do not call this medal as fake if I follow your definition. Therefore, I ask to email the official mints Shanghai mints to verify keke.

Example, Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) did has trade marks and so on. A China chain restaurant use the word KFchicken and selling fried chicken. Is this call fake ?

This is a realize court case in china. However I cannot remember the name use and the aurguement points there.

Your analogy is NOT a good one at all unless you can give clear evidence that the design of this medal is an exact or nearly identical one to a design of a medal the Shanghai Mint has produced.

Otherwise, it is simply an original design by a mint with a similar name to the Shanghai Mint....which is not a fake medal....it's a real medal.

#46 2015-04-25 09:13:35

andrewlee10
Website

mmissinglink wrote:
andrewlee10 wrote:
mmissinglink wrote:

Your analogy is NOT a good one at all unless you can give clear evidence that the design of this medal is an exact or nearly identical one to a design of a medal the Shanghai Mint has produced.

Otherwise, it is simply an original design by a mint with a similar name to the Shanghai Mint....which is not a fake medal....it's a real medal.

As you read my statement is I do not call this as fake but others might be. Why other might call or view it as fake because the company name is only less of a word "Ltd" in company in coa. In Chinese character the company name is fully identical or the same to the official mints of Shanghai mints but the company seal short of the word ltd. This is something to think the reason. Shanghai mints is reputable and well known and a company use the same name of them but different company seal by short of one wording "ltd" by producing an original design product. This this act on good faith ? What the purpose ? Is this consider  and acceptable under legislation and social ? Personally I like the design to be frank.

It have copied and paste few similar design of same topics of some official mints in China into one medal. Let me dip the photo next week and post here. However, copy partially and put into one still consider orginal for me.

Therefore I quote the case of kfc.

#47 2015-04-25 12:54:49

Stark
Silver Stacker

KeepOnTrying! wrote:

Guys, does anyone know the name of the Mint that produced the xi shi medal and the artist/designer?
Thanks.

"More" info about Xi shi:

https://www.coincompendium.com/w/index.php/CCT3801

Another 4 beauties set:
index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9332.0;attach=23669;image
Source: http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php? … 7#msg54587

#48 2015-04-25 18:38:14

mmissinglink

KeepOnTrying! wrote:
mmissinglink wrote:

Produced in 2012

Brass medal Box

Brass medal Sun side

Brass medal Venus side

Box for copper medal

Copper medal Sun side

Copper medal Venus side

This is incredibly beautiful. Where did you find it. Any more in existence? Any possibility of finding one to buy?

Sorry for the delay...the seller on eBay for the beautiful Transit of Venus medals is:   starryguo

#49 2015-04-25 20:50:46

barsenault
Trades :   13 
Website

Stark wrote:
KeepOnTrying! wrote:

Thanks.

"More" info about Xi shi:

https://www.coincompendium.com/w/index.php/CCT3801

Another 4 beauties set:
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php? … 3669;image
Source: http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php? … 7#msg54587

Those are sweet!

#50 2015-04-27 00:54:24

andrewlee10
Website

12542_tb1u6x1hxxxxxxoxpxxxxxxxxxx_0-item_pic_jpg_400x400.jpg

That the greatwall and the pillar by Shanghai mints

12542_t1opyzfwhcxxxxxxxx_0-item_pic.jpg

This is the circulate coin of celebration of the china nation building anniv. This is not high relief. sad 

I come across the prominent building in in same medal and coins. However, I cannot find it.

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2015-04-27 00:58:32)

Board footer