Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is closed. Registration will reopen on Monday.

#1 2014-09-23 20:55:54

SA Gold Traders
Verified
From: Australia
Registered: 2011-04-14
Posts: 40
Trades :   
Website

Gold Buying Course

Hello All, I am thinking of running a Gold Buyers course giving my knowledge of 26 years as a jeweller, gold buyer and Perth Mint Distributor

Will be running Course in Adelaide , will supply basic tools for buying, topics include all facets of the trade from spotting fakes to using XRF machines, how to make income long after the last buy.
selling on gumtree and ebay, setting gold buy price, secrets of jewellery mark-ups, watches, gem stones and much more. Special calculation software included.

included will be student only access to closed website where you can ask questions so you will be in business for your self not buy yourself.

I want to help people pay themselves what they are worth not what some one thinks they are worth.

let me know if you think this would be worth running

It will be an intense 12 hour 1 day course

let me know your feedback

Last edited by SA Gold Traders (2014-09-23 21:12:12)

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: CFP, black5wan

#2 2014-09-23 23:00:45

Agnostic
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2013-06-13
Posts: 385
Trades :   24 

Re: Gold Buying Course

Sounds like a fantastic opportunity to learn the inside tips and tricks of the trade. Love to hear more details.

Offline

#3 2014-09-24 00:09:34

CFP
Member
From: EU
Registered: 2014-09-22
Posts: 860

Re: Gold Buying Course

Depending on the cost, I might be interested in attending
It would have to be on a weekend though I imagine.

Offline

#4 2014-09-24 01:03:44

Comper100
Member
From: Adelaide
Registered: 2010-11-16
Posts: 202
Trades :   

Re: Gold Buying Course

Sounds great!


In life your given Lemons, its up to you to make the Lemonade....

Offline

#5 2014-09-24 03:35:07

Bullion Baron
Silver Stacker
From: Adelaide
Registered: 2009-09-14
Posts: 7,298
Trades :   139 
Website

Re: Gold Buying Course

+1 would depend on cost. I would only be attending out of interest rather than pursuing business related outcomes.

To be honest 12 hours in 1 day sounds like too much (are breaks, question times scheduled in?). Sounds like it would be better over 2 days.

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: CFP

#6 2014-09-25 15:24:58

SA Gold Traders
Verified
From: Australia
Registered: 2011-04-14
Posts: 40
Trades :   
Website

Re: Gold Buying Course

yes there will be breaks , was planning to offer two options basic course $800.00 1/2 day and specialist course including XRF training and all facets on industry including topics refining... specialist course will include every piece of knowledge a 26 year industry specialist can give.

Offline

#7 2014-09-25 21:07:59

renovator
Member
From: QLD
Registered: 2011-01-20
Posts: 7,530
Trades :   

Re: Gold Buying Course

$800 for half a day ? ...holy moley !!! .Im not sure any 4 hour seminar in the world is worth even half of that


i used to be disgusted now im just amused

Offline

#8 2014-09-25 21:20:14

SA Gold Traders
Verified
From: Australia
Registered: 2011-04-14
Posts: 40
Trades :   
Website

Re: Gold Buying Course

its return on investment , if you become a gold buyers with out knowledge you can easily loose more than that

Offline

#9 2014-09-25 21:40:11

long88
Member
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2012-06-19
Posts: 763
Trades :   13 

Re: Gold Buying Course

how much is the tools costs ? knowledge without tools are useless right ?

chemicals have their own shelf life as well... ?

Offline

#10 2014-09-25 21:46:29

SA Gold Traders
Verified
From: Australia
Registered: 2011-04-14
Posts: 40
Trades :   
Website

Re: Gold Buying Course

Basic tool including fresh acids , touch stones , pliers , files, stone trays, loups job packets, tubs 
all european tools not asian rubbish
worth $220. inc GST

Offline

#11 2014-09-26 01:00:06

StirlingKnight
New Member
Registered: 2014-05-13
Posts: 5
Trades :   

Re: Gold Buying Course

Sounds great I am very interested in the course.
Could you give us a couple of teasers?.... I am keen
Are the XRF machines dangerous? are heard they are radio active and that the training is provided by a certified trainer? I still want to have kids:)
I am very curious I have seen many gold buyer sites that are paying spot, golddiggers in SA, the Colombian in the CBD for example, how can you make money buying gold at or over spot?
I sold our old bunk bed on gumtree, is it really possible to trade gold safely on these free classified sites? makes me nervous meeting strangers in public.
Do we get certificates to say we have completed the course to say we are competent qualified precious metal traders?
Thanks

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: dollars

#12 2014-09-26 10:12:33

SA Gold Traders
Verified
From: Australia
Registered: 2011-04-14
Posts: 40
Trades :   
Website

Re: Gold Buying Course

you wont get certificates , Iam not a tafe!

Offline

#13 2014-09-26 10:28:58

CFP
Member
From: EU
Registered: 2014-09-22
Posts: 860

Re: Gold Buying Course

SA Gold Traders wrote:

you wont get certificates , Iam not a tafe!


lol lol lol lol

Gold star perhaps?

Offline

#14 2014-09-26 12:12:02

CFP
Member
From: EU
Registered: 2014-09-22
Posts: 860

Re: Gold Buying Course

StirlingKnight wrote:

Sounds great I am very interested in the course.
Could you give us a couple of teasers?.... I am keen
Are the XRF machines dangerous? are heard they are radio active and that the training is provided by a certified trainer? I still want to have kids:)
I am very curious I have seen many gold buyer sites that are paying spot, golddiggers in SA, the Colombian in the CBD for example, how can you make money buying gold at or over spot?
I sold our old bunk bed on gumtree, is it really possible to trade gold safely on these free classified sites? makes me nervous meeting strangers in public.
Do we get certificates to say we have completed the course to say we are competent qualified precious metal traders?
Thanks

The Colombian? Do you mean Caesar?

Offline

#15 2015-09-24 13:11:34

2nd_Hand_Gold_Man
Member
From: south australia
Registered: 2015-09-24
Posts: 177
Trades :   

Re: Gold Buying Course

CFP wrote:
StirlingKnight wrote:

Sounds great I am very interested in the course.
Could you give us a couple of teasers?.... I am keen
Are the XRF machines dangerous? are heard they are radio active and that the training is provided by a certified trainer? I still want to have kids:)
I am very curious I have seen many gold buyer sites that are paying spot, golddiggers in SA, the Colombian in the CBD for example, how can you make money buying gold at or over spot?
I sold our old bunk bed on gumtree, is it really possible to trade gold safely on these free classified sites? makes me nervous meeting strangers in public.
Do we get certificates to say we have completed the course to say we are competent qualified precious metal traders?
Thanks

The Colombian? Do you mean Caesar?

good old Caesar...the brother of alex and julian from melbourne(know them well)

Offline

#16 2015-11-30 05:05:41

johnw
Silver Stacker
From: BNE
Registered: 2011-04-06
Posts: 99
Trades :   

Re: Gold Buying Course

Complain all you want about $800 for a single day 12 hour course. My industry demands I constantly take $2500 single day courses that usually involve a $500 refresher every few years.

Look at some single day accounting or engineering courses. They probably all run in the realm of $800 for continuing professional development.

Honestly, this is something I'd be interested in. Please PM me with further info.

Offline

#17 2016-06-29 10:50:15

SilverTounge15
Silver Stacker
From: Adelaide
Registered: 2015-03-27
Posts: 296
Trades :   18 

Re: Gold Buying Course

Just over a kg of silver for all this knowledge, worth it, especially if there are course notes and such provided because it would be alot to take in for one day, i agree with Baron would be better over two days but i would be interested anyway....


WTT - Silver or gold for physical USD

Offline

#18 2016-06-29 11:08:48

SilverDJ
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2014-11-01
Posts: 2,528

Re: Gold Buying Course

renovator wrote:

$800 for half a day ? ...holy moley !!! .Im not sure any 4 hour seminar in the world is worth even half of that

That's nothing for inside information if you seriously want to be in the trade.
Professional advice in most fields usually runs into the hundreds of dollars an hour. Heck, even my accountant charges that much.

Offline

#19 2016-06-29 18:50:08

REDBACK
Silver Stacker
From: Trump supporters matter
Registered: 2011-11-22
Posts: 3,313

Re: Gold Buying Course

This is like stepping in and out of the TARDIS

Last edited by REDBACK (2016-06-29 19:00:35)


"Buy now Cry later!!"

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB