You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is open.

#26 2014-08-28 08:37:50

dccpa
Trades :   

Re: Perth Mint Year of the Goat Launch Attendees

madaw1 wrote:

The days some words meant something for everyone are gone forever.

The PM should at least offer higher limits for the attendees.

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: madaw1, dollars

#27 2014-08-28 08:56:52

monopolize
Trades :   135 

Ron Currie wrote:

If you are coming to the Mint on Monday please note that due to the unexpected level of demand for 2015 Year of the Goat 1oz bullion coins we have been forced to impose sales limits per person. These are:

•    20 x 1oz Silver Bullion Goats
•    5 x 1oz Gold Bullion Goats

Apologies for the short notice but as members here will understand it's important to offer as many people as possible the chance to purchase these limited mintage coins at issue price.

I think it's great that the Perth Mint hosts these events but it's not cheap to fly to Perth from pretty much anywhere in Australia so I think for those who's made the effort and commitment to attend there should be some relaxation of those limits.

Disclaimer: I'm not attending so I don't stand to benefit if the Perth Mint decides to change their mind again.

The following user says thank you for this post: dollars

#28 2014-08-28 10:43:22

goldpelican
Administrator
Trades :   153 
Website

Sorry all, I have only just been informed of the re-introduction of limits today. Absolutely beyond my control. sad I spoke to the wholesale department yesterday upon being advised, and was told it was also beyond their control.

Buying limits are set by the retail shop, not the marketing department who are coordinating the launch. Apparently the Goat is selling wholesale faster than expected, so the shop has decided to re-instate the old Dragon/Snake/Horse limits for this event.

I do know that a number of Australian retail dealers still have plenty of unsold inventory at similar or lower prices with higher quantity limits than the mint's retail store, so if you were planning on buying say 100 or more, you will still be able to source them - just not from the mint's retail bullion counter.

Maybe Perth Bullion can chip in with whether they will have stock at their Cloverdale store available on the Monday, and people can organise some carpooling to pop out there and stock up over the counter.

My posts on Silver Stackers are either personal opinion or acting in the capacity of site administrator. Opinions offered do not constitute professional or financial advice.

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: dccpa, sammysilver

#29 2014-08-29 04:41:37

Perth Bullion Company
Site Sponsor
Trades :   20 
Website

Sorry, but I don't think we will have them ready for sale, in store, on Monday.  However we will happily help out anyone who has missed out on this opportunity by shipping any orders made with us for any extra lunar goat coins on the day for free, Australia wide, when they do arrive in store.  Feel free to message, or see us on the day, if you would like to take up the offer. 

Ben.

goldpelican wrote:

Sorry all, I have only just been informed of the re-introduction of limits today. Absolutely beyond my control. :( I spoke to the wholesale department yesterday upon being advised, and was told it was also beyond their control.

Buying limits are set by the retail shop, not the marketing department who are coordinating the launch. Apparently the Goat is selling wholesale faster than expected, so the shop has decided to re-instate the old Dragon/Snake/Horse limits for this event.

I do know that a number of Australian retail dealers still have plenty of unsold inventory at similar or lower prices with higher quantity limits than the mint's retail store, so if you were planning on buying say 100 or more, you will still be able to source them - just not from the mint's retail bullion counter.

Maybe Perth Bullion can chip in with whether they will have stock at their Cloverdale store available on the Monday, and people can organise some carpooling to pop out there and stock up over the counter.

Australia's leading range and prices for Australian and foreign, Bullion and collectors coins.
www.perthbullion.com, or phone on 0892707270. Showroom at 180 Wright St Cloverdale, WA.
Secure storage, safety deposit boxes, unallocated or allocated metal accounts, and sourcing for hard to find products.

The following 4 users say thank you for this post: clear, short_stack, Deebsotronic, Ronnie 666

#30 2014-08-31 12:06:24

Yendor
Trades :   

Just to confirm, we just rock up at the mint (corner of Hay st. and Hill st.) tomorrow morning at 7:30 and our names will be on a list or something?

Also, pics and prices are up on perthmintbullion.com.au now (sorry if that's old news?).

PS: How long does the event usually run?  I've technically only got the morning off work, it can't go longer than 4 hours can it?

Last edited by Yendor (2014-08-31 12:17:23)

The following user says thank you for this post: dccpa

#31 2014-08-31 13:34:37

goldpelican
Administrator
Website

Yes, be at the gates at 7:30am, and there will be security checking names off the list.

Apologies to all those members who have contacted me over the weekend wanting to join the event - it is impossible to be added to the list while it is the weekend given that the event starts 7:30am Monday morning.

My posts on Silver Stackers are either personal opinion or acting in the capacity of site administrator. Opinions offered do not constitute professional or financial advice.

The following user says thank you for this post: Graeme

#32 2014-08-31 20:53:23

dragafem
Silver Stacker
Trades :   439 

let us know how did it go...

#33 2014-08-31 22:35:00

Ronnie 666
Silver Stacker
Trades :   175 

Just got back: There were 17 SS members. It was good to meet sammysilver. Thank you Ben from Perth Bullion who organized the Auction.
Lots of discussion on PM pricing and limits as you can all guess. I will leave Ron and others to comment.
"Pretty quiet" would be the exaggeration of the year.

"The Two Most Common Elements in the Universe Are Hydrogen and Stupidity" Frank Zappa

The following user says thank you for this post: dollars

#34 2014-08-31 22:41:47

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Trades :   122 
Website

Thanks for the update Ronnie. Anyone got some pics?

Catus amat piscem, sed non vult tingere plantas

#35 2014-08-31 22:59:59

bloomst
Silver Stacker
Trades :   421 

Ronnie 666 wrote:

Just got back: There were 17 SS members. It was good to meet sammysilver. Thank you Ben from Perth Bullion who organized the Auction.
Lots of discussion on PM pricing and limits as you can all guess. I will leave Ron and others to comment.

Whats for auction?

I am the Petal who like metals smile

#36 2014-08-31 23:06:18

sammysilver
Silver Stacker
Trades :   189 
Website

SilverPete wrote:

Thanks for the update Ronnie. Anyone got some pics?

I took about 20 selfies that I'll share with you on Wednesday.

The price we pay for the good life is public servitude.

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: House, SpacePete

#37 2014-08-31 23:20:57

Ronnie 666
Silver Stacker

bloomst wrote:
Ronnie 666 wrote:

Whats for auction?

Perth Bullion had some gold sovs and I got a nice 5oz Scottsdale hand poured bar.

"The Two Most Common Elements in the Universe Are Hydrogen and Stupidity" Frank Zappa

The following user says thank you for this post: bloomst

#38 2014-08-31 23:35:24

serial
Silver Stacker
Trades :   213 

wtf I thought this was 730 pm!! not am!!!!
ffs I drove past when I dropped the missus of at work in east perth

#39 2014-08-31 23:39:46

sammysilver
Silver Stacker
Trades :   189 
Website

I took some snaps of the gold pour I'll try and clean up for show and tell on Wednesday.

Also will have 1oz kooks and goats, plus one 2oz, 5oz and 10z goat, I'll be selling at cost on the day. Not good value, but you get them a couple of weeks early. Money can be made if you want to sell them on eBay ahead of the udders.

Met a number of the Perth guys, they all seemed pretty normal, though there was the odd ugly normal thrown in for contrast. Ben and Dom from Perth Bullion held an auction, bargains were had, but no one was interested in my lucky 50 cent piece worth hundreds. Clear, who's vague, and Ronnie 666, who's not evil scored well.

I found the Perth Mint girls delightful. I think they outnumber the guys 5:1, good management. I picked up a Charlie Chaplin coin for a friend as well. He hosts a number of CC exhibits around the world. They share the same hometown back in Ireland.

I'll be on the red eye back to Sydney at 1am this morning, getting in at 7am.

The price we pay for the good life is public servitude.

The following 3 users say thank you for this post: boneyard, Ronnie 666, clear

#40 2014-08-31 23:46:11

goldpelican
Administrator
Website

17 people? We had 30 confirmed plus dealer staff hmm

Thank you all who made it - I think this might be the last such launch event with numbers that low.

The following user says thank you for this post: koolooka

#41 2014-08-31 23:49:32

dragafem
Silver Stacker
Trades :   439 

serial wrote:

u registered 2 years ago..u should've known by now...its always in the morning...

#42 2014-08-31 23:50:28

valuecreator
Silver Stacker
Trades :   145 

next launch will probably be held in Singapore

/sarc

Wealth is built on the buy.

#43 2014-09-01 00:10:37

serial
Silver Stacker
Trades :   213 

dragafem wrote:
serial wrote:

u registered 2 years ago..u should've known by now...its always in the morning...

to be fair I have never attended an event before. I thought it was pm because 730 am is such an unsociable hour.
sorry gold pelican I would have attended if I hadnt made that mistake

#44 2014-09-01 00:19:18

Captain Kookaburra
Silver Stacker
Trades :   147 

Thinking next year we sell tickets ... and have a silver whatchamacallit included as part of the ticket price.

Metal or Nothing ...... Fiats belong in garages, not money paper clips.

#45 2014-09-01 00:28:15

Graeme
Silver Stacker
Trades :   41 

goldpelican wrote:

17 people? We had 30 confirmed plus dealer staff hmm

Thank you all who made it - I think this might be the last such launch event with numbers that low.

Hi GP.

I really hope it isn't the last, but I don't think Ron was impressed with the turnout and was asking for feedback on why the numbers were low.

The general feeling in the crowd was that stackers can buy bullion grade coins cheaper from dealers than the mint, with some early purchasers securing the 1oz silver coins at under $30 each. The market being stagnant also didn't bring out the buyers, and even when the mint did open to the public today at 9:00am, not one member of the public came to the bullion counter to buy the lunars whilst I was there transacting. Compared to previous years where there we queues at the front gate, this was quite odd.

I would loved to have invested more money but forget about the $1000 limit on electronic transactions. roll Seeing the 1 ton kangaroo in person puts everyone's stacks into perspective. yikes

Thank you to those that organised it and to the Perth Mint for once again graciously opening your doors early for us to attend.

The following 3 users say thank you for this post: goldpelican, dccpa, Crunchy Nut

#46 2014-09-01 00:36:16

AG Hamster
Silver Stacker
Trades :   92 

Thanks for organising the launch event GoldStackers, and good to catch-up with the blokes.
Only thing is my name wasn't on the list at the gate sad but I still managed to get in smile

As participants in the retail market of bullion, we're price takers. That's ok, one day it will change.

#47 2014-09-01 01:33:11

Holdfast
Trades :   

Silver Forum Members Visit The Perth Mint

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/Blog/au/Blog.aspx

Last edited by Holdfast (2014-09-01 04:28:48)

#48 2014-09-01 01:53:20

bloomst
Silver Stacker
Trades :   421 

Did anyone asked if the higher premium on Lunar coin compared to the Koala/Kookaburra will be the common practice from Perth Mint from now? There's like $3 difference in premium from Lunar over Koala, and wonder what would this mean down the track in the secondary market.

I am the Petal who like metals smile

#49 2014-09-01 02:11:24

clear
Trades :   65 

Thank you to Perth Bullion (Ben) for the organizing auction picked up a gold 20 gram proof coin $ 200+ under spot, also met both Joe from Gold Stackers and Sammy - always the

opportunist tried to sell his lucky .50cents for $ 200 (anyway nice guy, misunderstanding sorted, also Sammy - what, vague...) anyway I believe Perth Mint better

understand the silver stacker community after accepting some feedback from the attendees, nice to catch up with the local guys.

#50 2014-09-01 02:24:46

Ronnie 666
Silver Stacker

Did ask Ron and we were told that he would look at the pricing ? To me the pricing was the main reason why most SS pulled out of the meeting and why sales at the PM shop were so abysmal this morning. It makes no sense to buy a roll of goats at $34/ coin when you can get the same coins at most dealers for $3-$4 a coin less ??? The term "no-brainer" comes to mind. Cancelling the meeting next year is not going to solve the problem. The lack of SS interest speaks volumes as to what should be done by the PM. I think Ron is now aware of the issue. Changing the rules at the 11th hour last week and then pushing up prices was the cause for the high drop out rate. I hope the Mint takes note of our message and revamps the meeting so that interest and some excitement is re instilled.

The following 13 users say thank you for this post: House, Kam, bloomst, black5wan, whinfell, Holdfast, Silverman99, Bullion Baron, dccpa, clear, dollars, adze67, goldpelican

Board footer