Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

#76 2014-03-17 00:49:18

dozerz
Member+
Trades :   13 

Re: Max Kesier Launching CryptoCurrency 'Max Coin'

keiser has now unfollowed maxcoin on twitter and clearly is no loner interested in this, he may still support the students who created it but in limited capacity.

textbook pump and dump example.

#77 2014-03-17 01:04:31

southerncross
Silver Stacker

Load of Bullion wrote:
MetalMensch wrote:

what about if you buy some and immediately dump these to your wallet, would that be a safer bet?

Sure, if you are using a centralised third party, first research it widely to find out if it has a great reputation (and/or accept that Crypocurrencies are very young and this is the wild west). Centralised third parties provide services you may want to use. Use them but don't leave your coins in their trust. They may have bad players, security or business practices. Don't trust them with your coins.
People trust Mt.Gox (or they did). People trust Coinbase like a bank today!!. Many people won't learn. They are too used to banks……many are yet to lose their coins via centralised third parties. Use the services of the best centralised third party entities but don't keep coins there you don't want to lose.
I trade at various sites like: BTC-e/Cryptsy/BTer etc but I don't keep excess coins there. If they shut down today, too bad. It does not matter to me in any way that is significant. I use Coinjar.com but I don't keep coins there. They are a centralised third party, that is why. I like Coinjar, but if Coinjar closes down today, that is too bad for them. Not me.

One of the biggest frustrations for me has been being able to take advantage of sharp rises (or falls) in the market. Quite often the time it takes to move a certain coin from your wallet to X exchange in order to make a sale or purchase or to convert from one alt to BTC and then into your chosen new coin is ridiculous and you lose out.
Quite often the peak price is reached long before one is able to transfer coins from a wallet to the market you are wanting to sell on.

I've found as a result that it pay's to keep my low value crap coin's on the markets instead of tucked away in wallets, for all but my high value coins I just spread them out on the major exchanges so as to be able to trade at will on the market fluctuations. I used to keep them all safe and sound locked away but found that when things move in a big way I was trapped with long transaction times and lengthy delays with deposit's etc.

I've also found plenty of arbitrage opportunity's as a result of spreading my alts around on different exchanges as well. Just Mintpal and Cryptsy alone can produce an overnight profit trading the same coin if you have a spread between the two.

#78 2014-03-17 01:18:48

Load of Bullion
Member++
Trades :   

southerncross wrote:
Load of Bullion wrote:
MetalMensch wrote:

what about if you buy some and immediately dump these to your wallet, would that be a safer bet?

Sure, if you are using a centralised third party, first research it widely to find out if it has a great reputation (and/or accept that Crypocurrencies are very young and this is the wild west). Centralised third parties provide services you may want to use. Use them but don't leave your coins in their trust. They may have bad players, security or business practices. Don't trust them with your coins.
People trust Mt.Gox (or they did). People trust Coinbase like a bank today!!. Many people won't learn. They are too used to banks……many are yet to lose their coins via centralised third parties. Use the services of the best centralised third party entities but don't keep coins there you don't want to lose.
I trade at various sites like: BTC-e/Cryptsy/BTer etc but I don't keep excess coins there. If they shut down today, too bad. It does not matter to me in any way that is significant. I use Coinjar.com but I don't keep coins there. They are a centralised third party, that is why. I like Coinjar, but if Coinjar closes down today, that is too bad for them. Not me.

One of the biggest frustrations for me has been being able to take advantage of sharp rises (or falls) in the market. Quite often the time it takes to move a certain coin from your wallet to X exchange in order to make a sale or purchase or to convert from one alt to BTC and then into your chosen new coin is ridiculous and you lose out.
Quite often the peak price is reached long before one is able to transfer coins from a wallet to the market you are wanting to sell on.

I've found as a result that it pay's to keep my low value crap coin's on the markets instead of tucked away in wallets, for all but my high value coins I just spread them out on the major exchanges so as to be able to trade at will on the market fluctuations. I used to keep them all safe and sound locked away but found that when things move in a big way I was trapped with long transaction times and lengthy delays with deposit's etc.

I've also found plenty of arbitrage opportunity's as a result of spreading my alts around on different exchanges as well. Just Mintpal and Cryptsy alone can produce an overnight profit trading the same coin if you have a spread between the two.

Yup sure, I know the frustration (slow in and out at times). Having some coins on exchanges is convenient. Things happen fast in the markets. I'm moving a scary amount of coins to into exchange right now. I'm not spreading the risk as well as I should (I admit)….but won't complain if things go south. No one wants to get goxed. Spread your risk.
People had stupid amounts of coins at Mt.Gox and hopefully that provides a lesson.

Reminder to self: Buy Ag <$20 & Au <$1100 only           Bitcoin is not perfect, nor is it competing with perfect……don't cha know.

#79 2014-03-17 07:01:04

Bullion Baron
Silver Stacker
Trades :   86 
Website

dozerz wrote:

keiser has now unfollowed maxcoin on twitter and clearly is no loner interested in this, he may still support the students who created it but in limited capacity.

Still shows as following when I check here: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/followers_you_follow (both Stacy & Max still following @maxcoinproject).

Though he's definitely dropped the level of pumping compared with launch & first couple of weeks after.

Reckon I will give this one a miss lol

#80 2014-03-17 14:03:44

silvertorrent
Member+
Trades :   

I still have a little over 1 MAX coin, only because I mined it in a p2pool a long while back (swapped over to CopperLark for a while, easier on the GPUs) and am too impatient to wait for a wallet sync (last done early February) to get rid of it. tongue

Board footer