Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is open.

#26 2013-03-22 08:37:22

Marsi
Silver Stacker
From: Sunshine coast
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 466
Trades :   35 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

The only 15-letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable."

Offline

The following 3 users say thank you for this post: salty lemon, perthsilver, boston

#27 2013-03-22 08:38:06

Marsi
Silver Stacker
From: Sunshine coast
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 466
Trades :   35 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: salty lemon

#28 2013-03-22 08:40:47

Marsi
Silver Stacker
From: Sunshine coast
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 466
Trades :   35 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

No other word in English rhymes with silver!

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: salty lemon

#29 2013-03-22 08:41:03

wrcmad
Silver Stacker
From: Northern NSW
Registered: 2012-01-02
Posts: 6,102
Trades :   118 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.


Anything is possible, but not everything is probable.  wink

Manipulation..... If you want to continually subscribe to this idea then get out of precious metals. Only a fool would play a game that is completely rigged. As you still are in the game, I would say that you are not completely convinced of the manipulation ...

Offline

The following 4 users say thank you for this post: Marsi, perthsilver, Greg Williams, Lunardragon

#30 2013-03-22 08:56:32

Aureus
Silver Stacker
From: Milky Way Galaxy
Registered: 2011-07-07
Posts: 3,032

Re: Useless Trivial facts

Marsi wrote:

No other word in English rhymes with silver!

chilver


An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: Marsi

#31 2013-03-22 09:06:20

Holdfast
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2009-10-15
Posts: 8,192
Trades :   

Re: Useless Trivial facts

A green shoot often = "Round-up" big_smile

silver.gif

Offline

#32 2013-03-22 09:16:49

JollyKillBill
Member
From: Geelong
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 344
Trades :   12 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

Here is 10 random facts told by a russian guy

Possible course language lol

And here is the playlist http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLat … dwGc7zazQD

Last edited by JollyKillBill (2013-03-22 09:19:29)


Reality hurts, but does that mean we shouldn't show it?

I'm not strange, I'm limited edition!

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: southerncross, GBN

#33 2013-03-22 09:46:48

JulieW
Silver Stacker
From: Australia
Registered: 2010-10-14
Posts: 11,099

Re: Useless Trivial facts

Jislizard wrote:
revlisify wrote:

You can't fold a paper in half more than 7 times

smile

You can't fold a piece of paper in half more than 11 times?

Last edited by JulieW (2013-03-22 09:49:30)

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: Rad Dood, Dogmatix

#34 2013-03-22 09:55:26

nickybaby
Silver Stacker
From: perth
Registered: 2011-08-04
Posts: 511
Trades :   69 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

The chemical Helium is derived from Helios. It was first positively identified i the sun.

My personal fav: THe chemical Bromine comes from the greek "Bromos" which means stench of a he -goat.

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: mmm....shiney!

#35 2013-03-22 09:57:10

salty lemon
Guest

Re: Useless Trivial facts

Armored knights raised their visors to identify themselves when they rode past their king. This custom has become the modern military salute.

The following user says thank you for this post: perthsilver

#36 2013-03-22 09:57:24

JulieW
Silver Stacker
From: Australia
Registered: 2010-10-14
Posts: 11,099

Re: Useless Trivial facts

You can't sneeze with your eyes open.
You can't put mascara on with your mouth closed.

Offline

#37 2013-03-22 09:59:00

salty lemon
Guest

Re: Useless Trivial facts

A winged penis was the city symbol of Pompeii, the ancient Roman resort town destroyed by Mt. Vesuvius' eruption.


Chrysler built B-29's that bombed Japan, Mitsubishi built Zeros that tried to shoot them down. Both companies now build cars in a joint plant call Diamond Star.

#38 2013-03-22 10:01:22

salty lemon
Guest

Re: Useless Trivial facts

JulieW wrote:

You can't sneeze with your eyes open.
You can't put mascara on with your mouth closed.

That's not true about not being able to sneeze with the eyes open, it's generally the case but some people can.

#39 2013-03-22 16:47:20

Lunarowl
Silver Stacker
From: Lala-land [Sod-nee]
Registered: 2011-06-06
Posts: 2,311
Trades :   200 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

salty lemon wrote:
JulieW wrote:

You can't sneeze with your eyes open.
You can't put mascara on with your mouth closed.

That's not true about not being able to sneeze with the eyes open, it's generally the case but some people can.

How about: you can't sneeze with your mouth closed tongue


- Plan for the worst, HOPE for the best -

Offline

#40 2013-03-22 17:20:05

bordsilver
Silver Stacker
From: The rocks
Registered: 2012-05-23
Posts: 9,591
Trades :   36 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

This fact is probably useful

6824_gum.png


The only good tax is a repealed tax.

Offline

The following 4 users say thank you for this post: wrcmad, mmm....shiney!, Eureka Moments, Greg Williams

#41 2013-03-22 18:10:04

Rad Dood
Member
From: Perth
Registered: 2012-04-15
Posts: 215
Trades :   

Re: Useless Trivial facts

Marsi wrote:

No other word in English rhymes with silver!

What about sliver?

Offline

#42 2013-03-22 18:58:49

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
From: 昆士蘭
Registered: 2010-11-15
Posts: 15,937
Trades :   102 
Website

Re: Useless Trivial facts

Lunarowl wrote:
salty lemon wrote:
JulieW wrote:

You can't sneeze with your eyes open.
You can't put mascara on with your mouth closed.

That's not true about not being able to sneeze with the eyes open, it's generally the case but some people can.

How about: you can't sneeze with your mouth closed tongue

What about when girls do that stupid little "girlie sneeze"? You know the sort, instead of letting it explode.

Here's another: girls don't fart.


The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: spannermonkey

#43 2013-03-22 19:04:27

spannermonkey
Silver Stacker
From: Vic or pissed
Registered: 2010-06-04
Posts: 14,649
Trades :   228 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

Do you know why " women don't fart " roll



























































Because they never keep they're mouth shut long enough to build the pressure up tongue
lol lol


EXIT STAGE LEFT

Offline

The following 3 users say thank you for this post: mmm....shiney!, ToDaMoon, renovator

#44 2013-03-22 20:39:25

Clawhammer
Silver Stacker
From: Gone Fishin'
Registered: 2010-02-26
Posts: 9,506
Trades :   

Re: Useless Trivial facts

Japan's Debt has past 1 Quadrillion Yen. (1000 Trillion)

If you counted to 1 quadrillion, and every number took you 1 second to say, it would take you 31 million years!

Last edited by Clawhammer (2013-03-22 20:41:53)


Specialisation is for insects

Offline

#45 2013-03-22 21:34:42

scone
Silver Stacker
From: Under Downunder
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 1,623
Trades :   50 
Website

Re: Useless Trivial facts

mmm....shiney! wrote:
Lunarowl wrote:
salty lemon wrote:

That's not true about not being able to sneeze with the eyes open, it's generally the case but some people can.

How about: you can't sneeze with your mouth closed tongue

What about when girls do that stupid little "girlie sneeze"? You know the sort, instead of letting it explode.

Here's another: girls don't fart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xFaJUZRkQM

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: JulieW, mmm....shiney!

#46 2013-03-28 20:11:03

renovator
Member
From: QLD
Registered: 2011-01-20
Posts: 7,530
Trades :   

Re: Useless Trivial facts

Longest place name in Australia is: "MAMUNGKUKUMPURANGKUNTJUNYA HILL". Located in South Australia.

Translated it means "Where the devil urinates"


i used to be disgusted now im just amused

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: bordsilver, SilverPhoenix

#47 2013-03-28 20:18:10

renovator
Member
From: QLD
Registered: 2011-01-20
Posts: 7,530
Trades :   

Re: Useless Trivial facts

In ancient England a person could not have sex unless they had the consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King & the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F.U.C.K. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it.
Hence, that most nasty of curse words was born.


i used to be disgusted now im just amused

Offline

The following 3 users say thank you for this post: spannermonkey, Maggie, Greg Williams

#48 2013-03-28 21:59:05

boston
Silver Stacker
From: Australia
Registered: 2009-07-06
Posts: 3,995

Re: Useless Trivial facts

Did you know that the nose mucous from a sub-species of the Indian elephant, located in Sri Lanka, is so viscous and elastic that some parasitic spiders, use it in making their webs in hard times when their own nutrition does not allow them to be able to make enough of their own web silk.


Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak...

Offline

#49 2013-03-28 22:31:11

zlatibor
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2013-03-27
Posts: 249
Trades :   13 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

It takes a single human blood cell just 60 seconds to fully circumnavigate the human body.


      
"Silver and gold are not the only coin; virtue too passes current all over the world"
- Euripides

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: GBN, bordsilver

#50 2013-03-29 04:13:30

Midnight Man
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-07-16
Posts: 880
Trades :   11 

Re: Useless Trivial facts

revlisify wrote:

You can't fold a paper in half more than 7 times

I used to believe that too.  Here's a different story:

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB