Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is archived. Please visit the new forums at www.silverstackers.com. Password reset may be required!

#51 2013-02-20 01:25:39

lucky luke
Trades :   17 

Re: What a Price To Pay for F35 Fighter!

Jonesy wrote:
lucky luke wrote:
renovator wrote:

Im constantly amazed at the amount of information available on SS ....now we have military aircraft & submarine experts in our midst    lol

You'd be surprised exactly "what" is in "our" midst mate.  The world according to renovator is legendary in his own mind but in reality only a p#ss in a shower.

Was it not only yesterday in another (now locked with your help I believe) thread that you were taking the moral high ground and berating another member for their posts? I am not seeing much of a difference between what you accused Renovator of doing to the Dear Departed and what you just did to him with this post.

Absolutely. I couldn't agree with you more. Renovator merely needs to learn that if he throws it around, he can expect a little stick in return occasionally. What he gets from me is tame compared to the tripe he he dishes out and has dished out to forum members past and present. Beats me how he has managed to stay around with banning or suspension before this.

Last edited by lucky luke (2013-02-20 01:35:50)

In the world of perception management "Beliefs are stronger than facts".

#52 2013-02-20 01:27:27

lucky luke

renovator wrote:

............... I dont think you've ever shared what you actually do or in what field you work if infact you do work  .Why dont you enlighten us on your experience with military aircraft.   lol

Ive shared plenty of things that ive done & achieved why dont you step up to the plate & do the same  for the sake of clarity so we know where your coming from or are you the real  "armchair general" ?

Empty cans make the most noise mate. You've shared "lots" about yourself.  That's your problem, not mine. We all know your a legend, in your own mind at least.

What I do or have done is none of your business. Nor do I feel the need to enlighten you in anyway about my personal life or background on a public forum.  In short, mind you own business.

Last edited by lucky luke (2013-02-20 01:34:06)

#53 2013-02-20 01:33:06

Shaddam IV
Silver Stacker

Yippe-Ki-Ya wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
lucky luke wrote:

You'd be surprised exactly "what" is in "our" midst mate.  The world according to renovator is legendary in his own mind but in reality only a p#ss in a shower.

Was it not only yesterday in another (now locked with your help I believe) thread that you were taking the moral high ground and berating another member for their posts? I am not seeing much of a difference between what you accused Renovator of doing to the Dear Departed and what you just did to him with this post.

I dont think Reno needs your help mate!  lol

I don't think Reno needs anyone's help, he manages very well by himself. smile

#54 2013-02-20 01:35:51

Shaddam IV
Silver Stacker

lucky luke wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
lucky luke wrote:

Absolutely. I couldn't agree with you more. Renovator merely needs to learn that if he throws it around, he can expect it in return. What he gets from me is tame compared to what he dishes out and has dished out to forum members past and present.

My estimation of you just went up. Though I am sure that you couldn't give a toss what I think of you wink

#55 2013-02-20 01:38:52

Yippe-Ki-Ya
Banned
Website

lucky luke wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
lucky luke wrote:

Absolutely. I couldn't agree with you more. Renovator merely needs to learn that if he throws it around, he can expect a little stick in return occasionally.

that's the way he likes it!  lol

lucky luke wrote:

What he gets from me is tame compared to the tripe he he dishes out and has dished out to forum members past and present. Beats me how he has managed to stay around with banning or suspension before this.

paid member perhaps?

mmm....shiney! wrote: House prices are the leading indicator of what???????????

Yippe-Ki-Ya wrote: gubmint meddling  lol

#56 2013-02-20 01:45:28

Shaddam IV
Silver Stacker

Yippe-Ki-Ya wrote:
lucky luke wrote:

What he gets from me is tame compared to the tripe he he dishes out and has dished out to forum members past and present. Beats me how he has managed to stay around with banning or suspension before this.

paid member perhaps?

You are playing a dangerous game there Yippee. Think about the implications of what you just said and how disrespectful it is to the owner of this site, and what happened to the last person who said something along those lines.

The following user says thank you for this post: bordsilver

#57 2013-02-20 02:21:18

bordsilver
Silver Stacker
Trades :   36 

Jonesy wrote:
Yippe-Ki-Ya wrote:
lucky luke wrote:

paid member perhaps?

You are playing a dangerous game there Yippee. Think about the implications of what you just said and how disrespectful it is to the owner of this site, and what happened to the last person who said something along those lines.

+1

The only good tax is a repealed tax.

#58 2013-02-20 02:48:46

lucky luke

wow. The scent of blood abounds and every-one comes out of the wood work for a bite. Pity the wrong person is getting worked over here.,,,,,,,,,,,

#59 2013-02-20 02:53:04

renovator
Trades :   

Now back to those F35 fighters   lol

i used to be disgusted now im just amused

The following user says thank you for this post: lucky luke

#60 2013-02-20 02:55:31

JulieW
Silver Stacker

The following user says thank you for this post: renovator

#61 2013-02-20 02:58:15

Shaddam IV
Silver Stacker

Think about how the Chinese fighter pilots must feel. They have to go to work driving a Great Wall car and then climb into a supersonic fighter with a "Made In China" sticker on the bottom. Not for the faint hearted.

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: bordsilver, AngloSaxon

#62 2013-02-20 02:59:11

JulieW
Silver Stacker

Just a reminder boys.

#63 2013-02-20 03:11:56

lucky luke

renovator wrote:

Now back to those F35 fighters   lol

We need another petition........... for a button to "unthank" when  the "thank" button is mistakenly pressed.

#64 2013-02-20 03:17:22

systematic
Trades :   

That sort of military hardware is a bit redundant with the threat of  nuclear war but at least it gives some people something to do.

if everyone is thinking the same, we aren't thinking very much ...

#65 2013-02-20 03:27:06

doomsday surprise
Silver Stacker
Trades :   20 

Jonesy wrote:
Yippe-Ki-Ya wrote:
lucky luke wrote:

paid member perhaps?

Paid up members have "silver stacker" next to their name. Luke has member ++

#66 2013-02-20 03:38:51

Shaddam IV
Silver Stacker

doomsday surprise wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
Yippe-Ki-Ya wrote:

paid member perhaps?

A member just implied that people that have a paid membership are given some kind of "free pass" to offend others as though the forum owner and moderators can be bought off for $32.00.

Last edited by Shaddam IV (2013-02-20 03:40:14)

#67 2013-02-20 03:44:10

doomsday surprise
Silver Stacker
Trades :   20 

Jonesy wrote:
doomsday surprise wrote:
Jonesy wrote:

A member just implied that people that have a paid membership are given some kind of "free pass" to offend others as though the forum owner and moderators can be bought off for $32.00.

Sorry, yeah I realise that, was just pointing it out. Sorry, was not implying anything against you Jonesy.

#68 2013-02-20 03:48:05

Shaddam IV
Silver Stacker

doomsday surprise wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
doomsday surprise wrote:

Sorry, yeah I realise that, was just pointing it out. Sorry, was not implying anything against you Jonesy.

smile

#69 2013-02-20 07:27:48

Yippe-Ki-Ya
Banned
Website

Jonesy wrote:
Yippe-Ki-Ya wrote:
lucky luke wrote:

paid member perhaps?

Was actually said tongue in cheek, but perhaps i've stumbled onto a hornets nest by accident?

My apologies to GP if I offended.

The following 3 users say thank you for this post: bordsilver, Shaddam IV, lucky luke

#70 2013-02-20 09:20:54

Holdfast
Trades :   

Thought you guys might like this History Channel vid. smile

#71 2013-02-20 09:30:42

AngloSaxon
Trades :   

Anyone who thinks XX numbers of Russian planes is more potent than X numbers of US aircraft doesn't know what they're talking about.

They haven't considered the layered nature of any US/NATO etc military deployment. Especially that F15/16/18/22 are all superior airframes who operate supporting each other, the US air combat missiles are superior, their airborne (AEWAC/AEW&C) radar system is superior, their airborne refueling assets are world spanning and ground radar networks are superior.

Remember the brave Iraqi Air Force actions vs the Americans? Apart from the ones buried in the desert (and uncovered by our Commandos) they all flew teir MiGs to Iran. So potent. And the Iraelis using just one strike platform can breeze through the Russian supplied Syrian air defence net with ease. Which has to be a 'good' system as it also protects the Russian naval base in Syria.

Age Res Proprias Tuas

Now reading: Coming Apart - The State of America by Charles Murray.

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: thatguy, Holdfast

#72 2013-02-20 09:57:07

Yippe-Ki-Ya
Banned
Website

AngloSaxon wrote:

Anyone who thinks XX numbers of Russian planes is more potent than X numbers of US aircraft doesn't know what they're talking about.

They haven't considered the layered nature of any US/NATO etc military deployment. Especially that F15/16/18/22 are all superior airframes who operate supporting each other, the US air combat missiles are superior, their airborne (AEWAC/AEW&C) radar system is superior, their airborne refueling assets are world spanning and ground radar networks are superior.

Remember the brave Iraqi Air Force actions vs the Americans? Apart from the ones buried in the desert (and uncovered by our Commandos) they all flew teir MiGs to Iran. So potent. And the Iraelis using just one strike platform can breeze through the Russian supplied Syrian air defence net with ease. Which has to be a 'good' system as it also protects the Russian naval base in Syria.

I think you're dreaming mate.

Remember the Korean War?  Russian pilots flying Migs took it to the yanks in 1 on 1 combat... no sign of superiority there.

Believing the Americans are so superior and all due to their superior equipment is for high school kids.  The real world is different lol

#73 2013-02-20 10:15:42

AngloSaxon
Trades :   

You're talking about 60years ago. Dogfights in the Korean War were not suited to US aircraft at the time, yes. They had certain technological expectations of air combat that weren't met - the MiG pilots still wanted to get close and dogfight which wasn't expected. The Americans learned their lessons and the close air combat skills of US pilots/aircraft had returned by the Vietnam War - but by then the technological advances were indeed manifested. Pity the advantages were only vs aircraft and not SAMs of the 1970s...

And again you're talking about 1 on 1 engagements where the pilots are battling to the death. Doesn't happen anymore. Someone above mentioned air combat is BVD - beyond visual distance. Can be over 100km on a good day. We're not talking about the Red Baron vs Lord Flasheart throwing spanners at each other when their Vickers guns jam here.

This allows for a brief diversion:

Captain Blackadder: Flasheart, this is Captain Darling.
Lord Flasheart: Captain Darling? Funny name for a guy isn't it? Last person I called darling was pregnant twenty seconds later.

Last edited by AngloSaxon (2013-02-20 10:16:24)

Age Res Proprias Tuas

Now reading: Coming Apart - The State of America by Charles Murray.

The following user says thank you for this post: Holdfast

#74 2013-02-20 10:25:45

XB
Silver Stacker
Trades :   67 

aaah Blackadder.... thanks AS - our section's GPMG had Baldrick scratched onto it.... memories....

Every day, give a gift to everyone you meet.

Not a formal, wrapped-up present - make it something personal, something that means something, something genuine. Your gift can be your smile, a word of thanks or encouragement, a gesture of politeness, even a friendly nod.

The following user says thank you for this post: AngloSaxon

#75 2013-02-20 10:26:42

Earthjade

Yippe-Ki-Ya wrote:

Remember the Korean War?  Russian pilots flying Migs took it to the yanks in 1 on 1 combat... no sign of superiority there.

Believing the Americans are so superior and all due to their superior equipment is for high school kids.  The real world is different lol

It is incorrect to assume the Americans have always had superior equipment to their enemies - just look at the Shermans vs Panthers in WW2.
During the Korean War, the MiG-15 was superior to any aircraft the west had - it retained a slight edge over the F-86, the best the US could throw against the communists in 1951.

Just because something is inevitable, doesn't make it imminent.

Board footer