Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is temporarily disabled due to a spam attack.

#1 2012-06-03 17:33:40

Silver Bullion Boy
Trades :   

Ebay seller naomi01225

Hi folks, found this seller on ebay with some nice Panda's based in China, has anyone dealt with this seller before?

Cheers,

SBB

#2 2012-06-03 17:39:16

Chillidog
Silver Stacker
Trades :   78 

Re: Ebay seller naomi01225

Naomi is fine, plenty of members here have bought from them.

Transplant news: finally home but have to go to the hospital Mondays and Fridays
Still sure beats 4 days of dialysis a week. Soon to be free.

#3 2012-06-03 18:07:30

shibaji
Trades :   

Yes, he is fine. No problems at all.

#4 2012-06-03 18:11:47

Lightsview
Trades :   51 

After XU Hong, he's the next biggest MCC seller on ebay. You can negotiate to do the transaction outside of ebay to save on fees.

#5 2012-06-03 19:28:22

silverfever
Trades :   19 

I find his prices a little high.

#6 2012-06-03 19:54:31

fishball
Silver Stacker
Trades :   168 
Website

silverfever wrote:

I find his prices a little high.

A little is an understatement tongue

The offer button; use it!

The following user says thank you for this post: Lightsview

#7 2012-06-03 20:55:51

Noomahn1
Trades :   

Agree with everything said- seller has sold to a lot of the CCF forum members, has good coins.  Can negotiate and should.

#8 2012-06-03 22:57:16

shibaji
Trades :   

Recently I have been communicating with few MCC dealers for China including naomi - and an interesting find is that the gap between target interest price difference is getting wider and wider. What it means is that choice of coins in general at China is different from in US (not sure about Australia), and same coin sells for more at different price in these places - it is mutual and something can be cheaper in China and expensive in US, and vice versa. This is known, but what is interesting is this difference in pricing is becoming very wide, opening up to a high arbitrage gain for someone who can do business in both halves of the World.

The general trend says China buying is going to overpower western MCC buyers, and drive/control the price due to sheer volume. With this in mind, and with the recent small downturn in MCC pricing, it is a golden opportunity to stock up few such coins that are cheaper outside China. It is not going to last long.

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: fishball, 25Grizzlies

#9 2012-06-03 23:32:53

fishball
Silver Stacker
Trades :   168 
Website

shibaji wrote:

Recently I have been communicating with few MCC dealers for China including naomi - and an interesting find is that the gap between target interest price difference is getting wider and wider. What it means is that choice of coins in general at China is different from in US (not sure about Australia), and same coin sells for more at different price in these places - it is mutual and something can be cheaper in China and expensive in US, and vice versa. This is known, but what is interesting is this difference in pricing is becoming very wide, opening up to a high arbitrage gain for someone who can do business in both halves of the World.

The general trend says China buying is going to overpower western MCC buyers, and drive/control the price due to sheer volume. With this in mind, and with the recent small downturn in MCC pricing, it is a golden opportunity to stock up few such coins that are cheaper outside China. It is not going to last long.

My observations exactly. This is why there are now so many new eBay China sellers (thincat00 etc) tongue.

Cheap in China:
Most of the Commemorative Bank Pandas
98 Large Date S10Y
95 Small Date S5Y
04/05 Beijing Expo Pandas

Cheap in the US:
Fractional Gold Pandas
High-value Gold 5 coin proof sets
Frosted 2000 S10Y

Expensive in China:
Almost all NGC graded Pandas (crazy prices paid on some 67 grades...)
Frosted 2000 S10Y
Gold Pandas

Expensive in US:
Commemorative Bank and expo Pandas

The following 5 users say thank you for this post: HustliN, 25Grizzlies, wllee, xRebirthed, Thor122

#10 2012-06-05 03:03:55

Dog
Trades :   
Website

Naomi is a good seller.  He loves to negotiate. Play hardball wait him out.  I almost always get a email a day or two later with prices that I can live with.  His shipping is slow,  very slow.  I always request express shipping from him which costs $30USD.  If you want your purchase by Christmas keep that in mind.   I have bought thousands of MCC from him and will continue to do so.  He specializes in sheets of fractional gold pandas and silver pandas so if thats your flavor he is quite a bit cheaper than Xu Hong.

#11 2012-06-05 03:12:37

Reggie Perrin
Trades :   

I traded with Naomi recently.. no problem's at all, and the goods were dispatched promptly. The only negative I have is the pics he posts are a bit small, so it's difficult to make out you're actually buying the right thing (the written description is good, but I do like to see what I'm buying.. just in case).

Oh yes, and as others have stated, make sure you use the offer button.

#12 2012-06-05 08:58:43

silverfever
Trades :   19 

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I traded with Naomi recently.. no problem's at all, and the goods were dispatched promptly. The only negative I have is the pics he posts are a bit small, so it's difficult to make out you're actually buying the right thing (the written description is good, but I do like to see what I'm buying.. just in case).

Oh yes, and as others have stated, make sure you use the offer button.

Just wondering but what is a reasonable offer to him?
20% off his asking price? Is that too much to ask?

#13 2012-06-05 09:01:07

jc888888888
Silver Stacker
Trades :   47 

no it is not smile start with 30% smile .................

The following user says thank you for this post: silverfever

#14 2012-06-05 09:05:27

Lim
Trades :   

jc888888888 wrote:

no it is not smile start with 30% smile .................

Thumbs up tongue

#15 2016-12-08 01:36:26

Beyond
Trades :   76 

hahaha
thanks for members

im the naomi in fact,
any request just email to me,as long as no loss more sure deal to u

always interested in silver coins from all countries
sell silver and gold coins too

The following user says thank you for this post: Stoic Phoenix

#16 2016-12-08 05:24:12

andrewlee10
Trades :   23 
Website

fishball wrote:
shibaji wrote:

My observations exactly. This is why there are now so many new eBay China sellers (thincat00 etc) tongue.

Cheap in China:
Most of the Commemorative Bank Pandas
98 Large Date S10Y
95 Small Date S5Y
04/05 Beijing Expo Pandas

Cheap in the US:
Fractional Gold Pandas
High-value Gold 5 coin proof sets
Frosted 2000 S10Y

Expensive in China:
Almost all NGC graded Pandas (crazy prices paid on some 67 grades...)
Frosted 2000 S10Y
Gold Pandas

Expensive in US:
Commemorative Bank and expo Pandas

TINNCAT in shanghai has been in ebay and china for very long time. he is no longer new player lol

www.chinesemedals.com  Here is our website. We do collect, but we also sell what we collect, to folks like you, all over the world.

The following user says thank you for this post: mmissinglink

#17 2016-12-08 09:36:02

mmissinglink
Trades :   16 

And, THINCAT is an honest, helpful (goes out of his way to try to find hard to get medals that he doesn't stock himself), and very nice person from my transactional experience over the past few years with him.

Not to forget Andy who I just payed to get a couple of sweet looking medals from the other day...looking forward to receiving them!

In some ways, we are not that different

#18 2016-12-08 09:42:16

andrewlee10
Website

mmissinglink wrote:

And, THINCAT is an honest, helpful (goes out of his way to try to find hard to get medals that he doesn't stock himself), and very nice person from my transactional experience over the past few years with him.

Not to forget Andy who I just payed to get a couple of sweet looking medals from the other day...looking forward to receiving them!

Tincat and noami both are good sellers.

I know both of them in person. Tincat kid is cute.

www.chinesemedals.com  Here is our website. We do collect, but we also sell what we collect, to folks like you, all over the world.

#19 2016-12-08 10:12:58

Stark
Silver Stacker
Trades :   13 

Haven't bought anything from Naomi yet, but on China-Mint forum there are many good reviews about him.

I only buy from Andy (or Chinesemedals.com) and Thincat00 (Frank).  Both are replying super fast and have very good knowledge about MCC. I sometimes feel bad that people are replying to me when it's probably very late for them (due to time difference).

Andy (and Bob) brought here many new medals that I probably wouldn't find anywhere else. They are also guilty that my savings are 0. tongue

And I agree with mmissinglink about Frank. He helped me a lot (way more than most of the other sellers probably would) and it's an very honest guy. It's always a pleasure to work with him. I also think he is not "tweaking" prices, as some other sellers are doing when some piece gets popular.

Actually most of the stuff I order I order only from a handful of persons. Sometimes I wouldn't bother if I can save some money with buying from somebody else because I like to support excellent and honest business.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty".

The following 3 users say thank you for this post: mmissinglink, TasAg, andrewlee10

#20 2016-12-09 01:16:46

andrewlee10
Website

My response will be slow in these 2 months due to work and so on. Too many non fiat (medal) out in Nov and December which we try to reach customer before Christmas.

We worry no one pick up the items during this festive season. Those late in order the rooster panda will only ship after Christmas except they agree and confirm someone at home to pick up.

We send the items from North of China which has no international airport so they need reroute to Shanghai, Beijing or Guangzhou which took a bit longer than tintcat, noami and  seller with international airport.

few new projects also kick off by us which still in test and error stage. One fail in technical term. Another 3 is awaiting results. One has success which is the #3,#4, and #5 trimetallic swam and mandarin duck.

It takes us 4-6 months from technology testing, concept, concept design drawing till finalizing, contract signing and negotiation, engraving plaster die, transfer of plaster die to computer and minting die, prototype testing, modify die after prototype, minting processes scheduling, coa printing, box design and production, shipping, and on and on. Some even took us 1 year plus to get it done.

We can speed up and shorten to 1-3 months BUT quality and design will be totally different and the cost will be much cheaper too. This is not the results of our intention.

Last edited by andrewlee10 (2016-12-09 01:17:03)

#21 2016-12-09 02:04:05

mmissinglink
Trades :   16 

^  Thanks for the heads up on these things.

As to your last point, yes indeed, I prefer quality rather than speed. I don't mind that a medal or coin takes a long time toi get it right. I think some mints rush too much and sacrifice quality.

When I am looking to buy a medal or coin as a collector, then quality wins over quantity every time in my book.

In some ways, we are not that different

#22 2016-12-30 01:49:03

Fat Penguin
Silver Stacker
Trades :   136 

Buy from Beyond (naomi) directly here on stackers. He just delivered an order of pandas for me from Shanghai. Easy to deal with. Shipping was fine, not overly slow and his packaging was excellent. Recommended.

WindBag Index : Hovering around 6

#23 2016-12-30 03:38:11

Beyond
Trades :   76 

Fat Penguin wrote:

Buy from Beyond (naomi) directly here on stackers. He just delivered an order of pandas for me from Shanghai. Easy to deal with. Shipping was fine, not overly slow and his packaging was excellent. Recommended.

thanks fat pengiun、happy to knew u got the coins from my oversea stock

cheers

always interested in silver coins from all countries
sell silver and gold coins too

#24 2016-12-30 11:47:29

barsenault
Trades :   13 
Website

Yeah, I agree, Beyond is a super, duper guy, great seller, good guy.  I've bought from him before too, and he is a class act!!

#25 2016-12-30 11:49:58

Bosse68
Silver Stacker
Trades :   
Website

Agreed to all other, bought a lot from him and always satisfied with the pandas

Board footer