Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is temporarily disabled due to a spam attack.

#51 2012-03-19 22:53:39

Thor122
Trades :   33 

Re: Safe People To Buy Pandas From

Ebay user: continental.coin. Someone buy for him?
He have fair price coins and cheap shipping.
The coins are milk spot free?
Good quality?

Last edited by Thor122 (2012-03-19 22:54:10)

#52 2012-03-20 00:07:17

Lim
Trades :   

Thor122 wrote:

Good quality?

Hi Thor122 , i was looking at one of the auction which end yesterday 2001D panda .. I believe there is a milk spot near the rim area of the temple side ?
That auction end at around 120USD if not wrong ..

For sure is that the seller does reply to your messages as i was asking for another panda if there is milk spot .. and the seller by the name of George reply no .

So now i ask first before bidding ... smile

One seller by the name of e-coin does state if got milk spot but the shipping cost back to singapore is 50USD  sad

Any one have problem with e-coin this ebay seller ?

The following user says thank you for this post: Thor122

#53 2012-03-20 12:29:27

comeaux
Silver Stacker
Trades :   23 

Hello Lim ... yes Ross at eCoins has been very good to deal with, I have not purchased many items from him but those that I did were in excellent condition.

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing"

The following user says thank you for this post: Lim

#54 2012-03-20 15:26:16

tamo42
Trades :   
Website

e-coins lists good stuff but uses stock photos hmm.

Go to LiveBusinessChat.com to find out about the latest Chinese coin investment lists.

#55 2012-03-20 20:25:04

Thor122

Lim wrote:
Thor122 wrote:

Good quality?

Hi Thor122 , i was looking at one of the auction which end yesterday 2001D panda .. I believe there is a milk spot near the rim area of the temple side ?

For sure is that the seller does reply to your messages as i was asking for another panda if there is milk spot .. and the seller by the name of George reply no .

One seller by the name of e-coin does state if got milk spot but the shipping cost back to singapore is 50USD  sad

I try to buy from e-coin a few times. But the shipping is expensive. I ask to buy others coins to spread shipping. He say win the auctions.
I prefer firststrikecoins. But same thing. I need to win 2 or 3 auctions to spread the shipping costs.
The two dealers use stocks photos. Firstrike if you ask milk spot free. He will send a milk spot free coin. E-coins. I dont make buys.

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: fishball, Lim

#56 2012-03-20 20:51:47

low
Trades :   

I bought from firststrikecoin once and he insisted to use EMS. However he said he can use registered mail on my next purchase but I can't confirm whether he will keep his word until I buy something from him again.

He has good coins, but I prefer a seller who is willing to use registered mail and declare low amount on custom form. Don't make me paying 15% tax + $15 on a $200 purchase. That is ridiculous.

The following user says thank you for this post: 25Grizzlies

#57 2012-03-20 21:02:54

Chillidog
Silver Stacker
Trades :   78 

Bought quite a few from ecoins. Nice coins but you need to buy a few at a time to spread the price of postage.
The Good thing is he calculates the value on silver wt not cost price which makes it easier to get under the $1000 gst threshold.

Transplant news: finally home but have to go to the hospital Mondays and Fridays
Still sure beats 4 days of dialysis a week. Soon to be free.

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: comeaux, Lim

#58 2012-03-20 21:43:40

comeaux
Silver Stacker

Before a person buys, bids or makes an offer on any coin/item whether it's through ebay, paypal or a dealers website … it's advisable to know the rules BEFORE the purchase is made and not after smile

The following user says thank you for this post: heyimderrick

#59 2012-03-21 00:34:18

Lim
Trades :   

Thor122 wrote:
Lim wrote:
Thor122 wrote:

Good quality?

I try to buy from e-coin a few times. But the shipping is expensive. I ask to buy others coins to spread shipping. He say win the auctions.
I prefer firststrikecoins. But same thing. I need to win 2 or 3 auctions to spread the shipping costs.
The two dealers use stocks photos. Firstrike if you ask milk spot free. He will send a milk spot free coin. E-coins. I dont make buys.

Firststrike seem to treat buyers differently .. Recently i won 2 bids and he insisted of sending 2 parcels out instead of one .. hence i need to pay twice the shipping cost ..
hence no way for me to spread out my shipping cost for 2-3 coins auction unless i win 5 auction and above then it make sense for me as he ship out  flat rate of 50 bucks  but I will be charge GST in my country sad
Anyway his coins recently are getting more and more expensive .....
I want that 2004 beijing expo ms 69 ... sobs sobs...

#60 2012-03-21 02:03:17

25Grizzlies
Trades :   22 

low wrote:

I bought from firststrikecoin once and he insisted to use EMS. However he said he can use registered mail on my next purchase but I can't confirm whether he will keep his word until I buy something from him again.

He has good coins, but I prefer a seller who is willing to use registered mail and declare low amount on custom form. Don't make me paying 15% tax + $15 on a $200 purchase. That is ridiculous.

+1

It's the same in Australia... I once paid customs almost $300 for a $1750 coin.

Anyone who declares 'value' now I won't buy from them.  There are plenty who don't, ask before you bid.

Remember bitcoin?

The following user says thank you for this post: low

#61 2012-03-21 02:38:51

low
Trades :   

25Grizzlies wrote:
low wrote:

+1

It's the same in Australia... I once paid customs almost $300 for a $1750 coin.

Anyone who declares 'value' now I won't buy from them.  There are plenty who don't, ask before you bid.

Sometimes the excitement takes over my brain and I simply forget to ask. Most of the time I am doing fine.

Our custom is both stupid and greedy, for any parcel (including freight charges) exceeding $150 we have to pay 15% (for modern coins or 10% for old coins) + $15 for custom declaration.

The exception is gold coin. No one here has the answer. Gold coin is not taxable.

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: 25Grizzlies, Thor122

#62 2012-03-21 13:53:54

comeaux
Silver Stacker

25Grizzlies wrote:

ask before you bid.

+100

I haven't sold enough on ebay to know all of the precise details but what I have read in various forums is that the seller is much more at risk than the buyer so maybe that is why these sellers want to ship disclosing full value … I don't know.

Another issue is that since "firststrike" and "ecoins" may be selling coins while operating as a business, they may be apprehensive to do something that is illegal such as disclosing false information on customs forms, again I don't know but just speculating. There are even a few sellers on CCF who declare full value when shipping outside US.

In the cases where I do chime in an opinion of a specific seller, I am basically substantiating the quality of their items and not their shipping policies outside US because these are things I do not know. Personally I do not see why a seller would not combine shipping as it seems it would be easier and more efficient for all parties involved.

If a seller responds "win the coins first" well partly he is right because logically you would have to have more than one item to combine shipping. Maybe a better response would be "if you win more than one item I will combine shipping"

As I previously stated … simply engage in communication BEFORE you intend to buy something is what would be logical. Most of the sellers I buy from have their policies clearly stated but those that are vague just ask them. If their shipping charges or customs declarations do not fit your plan well then simply move to another buyer. There are plenty of fish in the sea.  wink

#63 2012-03-21 19:44:35

Thor122

My last buy with firststrikecoins. I win 3 auctions. He make only one express shipping cost of 50. But i pm he and say in the others buys i make from he. He charge me 38 uss for express shipping. He change the cost in ebay and i pay for all. Before pay i say to him to buy 2 or 3 coins more for save in shipping (beijing pandas) for the same amount the last auctions he make. And he say no. I need to win the auctions. I think is bad customer atention. But he have good coins and fair prices (now are more expensives).

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: comeaux, Lim

#64 2012-03-31 12:14:32

Lim
Trades :   

I would like to check on if anyone deal with MCM before ( moderncoinmart ) . I am looking at their website and not ebay as their price on the website is cheaper than on the ebay itself . Just want to know how is their good and reliable their service is to international client . Because they do not ship to singapore so most probably i would have to activate my best buddy to order them in Japan . So i want to find out more before i press the panic button on my buddy . smile

Thanks and appreciate if anyone have information on them .

#65 2012-03-31 16:17:16

jc888888888
Silver Stacker
Trades :   47 

I have dealt with them.....mostly graded coins ,they are ok,big e bay seller so compare prices, also on certain items if you call on the phone ,you can sometimes haggle a little better price

#66 2012-03-31 21:25:35

Lim
Trades :   

I am trying to get the slab ms 70 2012 panda . So far this seller pricing look decent .. Any other trusted seller u can recommend ?

#67 2012-03-31 21:58:10

Thor122

Lim wrote:

I am trying to get the slab ms 70 2012 panda . So far this seller pricing look decent .. Any other trusted seller u can recommend ?

Modercoin is overflow in ebay. Ask him for cheap shipping. And try win the auctions for your max price. Finished a lot of auctions for day.
Ma-az are cheap prices in finished auctions 83 to 88 uss. He is trusty. But i never buy from him. Because of high shipping costs. But ask him.

Last edited by Thor122 (2012-03-31 22:02:22)

#68 2012-03-31 22:15:01

Lim
Trades :   

Thor122 wrote:
Lim wrote:

Modercoin is overflow in ebay. Ask him for cheap shipping. And try win the auctions for your max price. Finished a lot of auctions for day.
Ma-az are cheap prices in finished auctions 83 to 88 uss. He is trusty. But i never buy from him. Because of high shipping costs. But ask him.

Thanks Thor.. I will email Modercoin if they willing to lower down since I will be buying a couple ..
I really envy buyers in USA .. Free shipping for most of the dealers on eBay .

#69 2012-03-31 22:19:21

Thor122

Lim wrote:
Thor122 wrote:
Lim wrote:

Thanks Thor.. I will email Modercoin if they willing to lower down since I will be buying a couple ..
I really envy buyers in USA .. Free shipping for most of the dealers on eBay .

+1

#70 2012-04-02 00:39:05

Lim
Trades :   

Wrote to MCM on ebay . 39.95 + 1 for combine . Or 29.95 for 1 ms 70
So i max out and bought 3 instead of 2 .
Going to give one out as a gift to a panda friend as she is starting a collection.
Hope MCM quickly deliver this .

#71 2012-04-02 00:44:30

Thor122

Lim wrote:

Going to give one out as a gift to a panda friend as she is starting a collection.

40,95 for 3 coins shipping?
The usps express mail i think is 39. 41 is a good price. Usa to argentina usps delay 3 to 7 days to arrive.

#72 2012-04-02 00:48:27

musemellow
Trades :   71 

If you don't mind to wait longer.

Liberty.coin is selling these ms 70 panda for cheaper price
$16.95 delivery cost, using USPS Priority mail

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2012-China-S … 41645270e2

#73 2012-04-02 00:55:45

Lim
Trades :   

Thor122 wrote:
Lim wrote:

40,95 for 3 coins shipping?
The usps express mail i think is 39. 41 is a good price. Usa to argentina usps delay 3 to 7 days to arrive.

I hope so
I have not receive the invoice yet as i just won the bid couple of hours ago . I will update again on this when i receive the invoice.
Hope i did not misinterpret his ebay message to me if not i will be paying top dollars for shipping sad

#74 2012-04-02 21:58:57

Lim
Trades :   

Got the invoice . Paying 41.95 for 3 coins .
I guess i got a better deal on the ebay than on the website as got the MS 70 at 95 instead of 99 (publish on web) , shave a couple of dollars on the MS 69 as well smile
But not sure on the shipping part if MCM is giving better shipping price or not to Japan .. Well at least no need to trouble my buddy to buy for me -- direct shipment to singapore.
lol

#75 2012-05-09 06:28:38

Catseye
Trades :   

I'm having an issue with e_coins.
They did not state that the pictured coin was not the coin I would get and sent a MS 69 with the WSD herpes all over it, needless to say I'm less than impressed at this point. hmm

1zxwcom.jpg

Last edited by Catseye (2012-05-09 07:58:40)

Board footer