who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is open.

#751 2016-10-18 22:44:47

JaggedPeak
Trades :   

Re: Norfed lovers stackers space

I am considering parting with my extensive collection of Liberty silver, notes and memorabilia. This is one of the most complete sets out there. Most all of the pieces are slabbed. This includes slabbed notes and some custom mounted work for the notes and special silver pieces as well. It will take some time for me to assemble pictures and a way to present it all. The reason for this post is to see if there are any serious collectors out there which may be in a position to purchase such a large collection.

The following user says thank you for this post: goldbar

#752 2016-10-19 01:00:25

Stark
Silver Stacker
Trades :   14 

I would be interested to buy slabbed silver coins, also non slabbed, depends on what you have.

I doubt somebody will buy the whole collection, but who knows.:)

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty".

#753 2016-11-16 10:20:54

mechanic4hire3
Trades :   

That is a sweet Piece Bremarti. North Carolina makes it even better...

Does anyone know anyone who bought the Trump Gold Piedfort?

#754 2016-11-17 16:29:07

Stark
Silver Stacker

Never saw before Norfed with some face on it.

Are the white dots milkspots?

#755 2016-11-20 23:26:19

JaggedPeak
Trades :   

Hey all, it's time to start selling. I will start placing items on a eBay this week. Anyone interested in all or some please message me and we'll see what we can work out.

The following user says thank you for this post: Stark

#756 2017-01-09 20:19:35

cent66
Trades :   

26129_s-l1600.jpg

When I saw the picture of the coin, I thought the picture wasn't focusing on the coin.  Well, turns out that the picture was correct.

Last edited by cent66 (2017-01-09 20:22:02)

#757 2017-02-19 06:28:27

Silver Soul
Silver Stacker
Trades :   64 

Over 200,000 peep's.... nice cool

Rollup....Rollup...Don't delay....Silver is money....Become a Silver Stacker today.

#758 2017-03-06 00:06:56

Ron
Trades :   

Anyone interested in a very nice 1998/1999 double date NORFED?  I got a call from a man today who has it and he is willing to sell.  These are the photos he sent.  It is an original from an associate kit from 1999.  The silver pieces back then were supplied in coin flips that were open on one edge, therefore the toning where it was exposed to the air (that does not detract from value).  The piece has some very minor surface scuffing, but still a very nice piece.  It will go for a little less than the recorded high price of $1200 because of the scuffing.  These are hard to come by in as good of shape as this one.  Any better than this (if you can find one) will go for the top price.

As the author of the Liberty Dollar Encyclopedia, I get calls when someone discovers the resource and they have NORFEDs.  They almost always want me to buy what they have, but I can't buy everything.  It is nice to be in the position of being the one who gets called when the rarer pieces do occasionally show up.  Most of the calls I get are from people who have common stuff, of course.

Make an offer on this if you are interested.  Starting bid is $500.  The highest bid I receive by 3/15/2017 takes it if I have not already sold it by then.  Email me at LRGoodger *at* gmail *dot* com.

Gerard2.JPG

#759 2017-03-16 09:57:10

Ron
Trades :   

No bids.  I guess NORFED collecting has died.

#760 2017-03-20 09:08:50

Stark
Silver Stacker

Unnumbered Euro Liberty was sold not so long time ago for a nice money. I guess there are still some sparks of life left, although far from "golden" years. Wish I started collecting them a few years earlier though.

Based on forum I think there is in general less interest in precious metals than in the past. I guess that there are just too many things out there.

#761 2017-03-20 20:24:33

Silver Soul
Silver Stacker

Stark wrote:

Unnumbered Euro Liberty was sold not so long time ago for a nice money. I guess there are still some sparks of life left, although far from "golden" years. Wish I started collecting them a few years earlier though.

Based on forum I think there is in general less interest in precious metals than in the past. I guess that there are just too many things out there.

Hey Stark

What did the Naked Euro go for? & where was it sold? There is only 20 of these floating around that I am aware off,  which 4 of them are in West Australian hands... Cheers

Rollup....Rollup...Don't delay....Silver is money....Become a Silver Stacker today.

#762 2017-03-20 20:58:00

bremarti
Trades :   

Hey Stark and SS,
I picked up the Euro from the DG collection.  While I wont disclose the amount paid, I can tell you it was not what it was listed for (which is also incorrectly listed on the LD website). 
SS-sorry to disappoint ya bud but this one stayed state side smile

Good to see you guys, it had been awhile for any posts on here.

Give a man a gun, he can rob a bank....Give a man a bank, he can rob the world.

#763 2017-03-20 21:23:02

Silver Soul
Silver Stacker

bremarti wrote:

Hey Stark and SS,
I picked up the Euro from the DG collection.  While I wont disclose the amount paid, I can tell you it was not what it was listed for (which is also incorrectly listed on the LD website). 
SS-sorry to disappoint ya bud but this one stayed state side smile

Good to see you guys, it had been awhile for any posts on here.

Nice score mate! Naked Euro is very hard piece to get indeed. If I had of known DG was selling one I would have put a few bids in myself tongue
Anyways enjoy it as these will appreciate exponentially in price in just few years. smile I see he has a Liberty pewter for sale too ..... My jaw dropped when I saw what he was asking for it, as I scored a few of these for free  cool

Last edited by Silver Soul (2017-03-21 01:35:04)

#764 2017-03-20 21:58:18

bremarti
Trades :   

Thx buddy.  I talked to DG about the pewter piece as well, but couldn't pull the trigger on it.  Just way too much for a non NORFED produced piece with no real bullion value.  A very cool piece indeed but I'd need the right reasonable price to come to a deal.  How'd you score those pieces for free you stud you! smile

#765 2017-03-21 01:27:08

mrfleck
Trades :   

Hello. I too picked up a naked euro from DG last year and it was graded pf-70. Excellent piece. I think that the scuffs and toning hurt the price on the 1999 listed above. I know that most folks don't mind toning, but it has always bothered me. If it were pristine, I think it would easily fetch 1000 - 1200. Not sure about the market right now, but I do know I enjoy the series. Great story and fun to try to piece together some of the more rare coins. DG and Ron have been great to work with and have assisted me in finding some of the really rare stuff. Ron helped me get the #0 that he has listed on LDE last year as well. Great folks.

#766 2017-03-21 02:11:13

Stark
Silver Stacker

I saw just "sold" for on Naked Euro on feeBay, so I thought it was sold for listed price. Usually it's written if best offer is accepted. Maybe DG sold more than one. Who knows.

Naked Euro PF70, nice!:)

I have numbered one. Is one of my favorite coins. Pity that is has milkspots. Was so disappointed when I saw them. When I got it was in perfect condition. One of the reasons why I lost interest in modern (proof) coins. Milkspots are shit. I guess it has something to do with shipping and storing. Although I stored all coins similarly and luckily they look intact (with a few exceptions).

#767 2017-03-21 03:02:02

mrfleck
Trades :   

I will pull a few of the more rare versions out and post some pictures when I get a chance. I will add the euro to the list to post. I picked up an Evansville about the same time last year as well.

#768 2017-03-21 03:32:26

Silver Soul
Silver Stacker

Hi Stark. Was it you that got a Norfed copper mule not long ago? If so can you tell me if it has reeded edges. Cheers

#769 2017-03-21 03:38:58

Silver Soul
Silver Stacker

@ bremarti, I scored them off Ron G while doing some deals tongue .... Being part of the Norfed story I feel having 1 in the collection is a must 'if' you can score one cheap enough. They look great in the hand with a nice deep strike on the Mercury dime head

#770 2017-03-21 20:42:31

bremarti
Trades :   

@SS-nice score off RG, and I agree...should definitely be part of a collection...if the price is right.  You have any desire to unload one for a reasonable amount?

Hi Fleck,
If you ever decide to let go of your #0, please pm me...it's the last piece I'm really actively seeking for my collection (outside of more gold or platinum pieces).  I look forward to any of the photos you share.  Does anyone on here happen to have any of the gold pieces they'd be looking to unload? smile

#771 2017-03-22 15:16:14

Stark
Silver Stacker

Silver Soul wrote:

Hi Stark. Was it you that got a Norfed copper mule not long ago? If so can you tell me if it has reeded edges. Cheers

Hi Silver Soul,

Not the best picture unfortunately:
10702_20141002_194024_-_copy.jpg

If I'm not wrong "Peace" and "Freedom" were all done in a very limited run, more like prototypes. All 3 have smooth edges. I guess "Liberty" is also pretty rare. If I'm not wrong (again) only 3 of these sets were made.

#772 2017-03-26 22:56:21

Silver Soul
Silver Stacker

Hmmm.... Thanks Stark.  Unusual these, because Jeff K made no mention of them when he was alive! & told me that there was only 1 tube (20) liberty copper mules minted with the NORFED head 'Liberty' with reeded edges only' ( So smooth edge must have been minted after his death ) ... before they went to the liberty copper uglies common in the market today! Of the reeded edge copper mules 1 lives in Panama 2 in Western Australia & from memory 1 in the UK  The rest I don't know. Those smooth edges Hmmm a bit suss to me .... I'd like more info on them if anyone is in the know on SS?

I will email DG to see if he has any more info on these.

This one is the reeded edge model tongue

374_374_norfed_copper_mule.jpg

374_374_norfed_copper_mule_2.jpg

#773 2017-03-27 00:30:29

Stark
Silver Stacker

I got them with the help of Ron:
https://sites.google.com/site/libertydo … prototypes

What's the (real) story behind them I have no clue.
If I'm not wrong only 3 of these sets were available and all were sold. 1 is in the hands of collector from the UK. If I'm not wrong he has one of the biggest collection (outside US).

Who knows what else is "hidden" somewhere.:)

Last edited by Stark (2017-03-27 00:59:15)

#774 Today 03:23:30

Silver Soul
Silver Stacker

A pic to make you feel better Stark. tongue  Even these two have milk spot! Rare uncleaned proof like will always hold their value.

374_euro.jpeg

Board footer