Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is archived. Please visit the new forums at www.silverstackers.com. Password reset may be required!

#26 2017-02-14 02:15:15

Shaddam IV
Silver Stacker

Re: Climate change resource

NARCT warning!

(Not Another Retarded Climate Thread)

#27 2017-02-14 02:41:34

alor
Silver Stacker
Trades :   39 

you can beam up all the hooman on the surface earth to else where, the earth problem is still not going to get solved.

they will still be arguing on another platform somewhere else lol

Hear Say See -> N o t h i n g
May this stacking hobby be my blessing smile

#28 2017-02-14 10:55:38

mmissinglink
Trades :   19 

Beam me up Scotty, humans have irreversibly screwed up this planet called Earth....their children and children's children will be paying the price for their selfishness and indifference.   sad

In some ways, we are not that different

The following user says thank you for this post: JulieW

#29 2017-02-16 00:04:04

sfstacker
Trades :   

mmissinglink wrote:

Logic tells me that 97% of climate scientists aren't part of some Right Wing concocted nefarious conspiracy theory.....but instead are providing us the best insights into the truth that climate change is impacted notably or significantly by modern human activity......  http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

People who are naive enough to get caught up in conspiracy theories don't practice logic. There will always be that few percent that dont...

The following user says thank you for this post: mmissinglink

#30 2017-02-16 03:05:49

Court Jester
Silver Stacker
Trades :   42 

Climate Change is a lie I drive something as far from a Prius as possible;p

Turtle the environment -- 18L/100km ;p

IMG_20170216_133501.jpg
IMG_20170117_123816_1.jpg
IMG_20170117_123854.jpg

<--------------------------------------------------------- SIDEWAYS --------------------------------------------------------->
quote=sammysilver 25/10/13  ----- PMs will drive silver to over $30 by Christmas with the GSR dropping to sub 50. I've overextended myself at sub $24 but will keep buying up to $30 then sell half my stack at Easter at $36 and buy up on the next dip if there is one.
Running Telly of incorrect to correct Predictions by SammySilver -- 7:1 as of 10/08/16

The following user says thank you for this post: Skyrocket

#31 2017-02-16 03:30:51

gingham69
Trades :   

Court Jester wrote:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee25 … 133501.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee25 … 3816_1.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee25 … 123854.jpg

Pussy car!:lol:

#32 2017-02-16 03:38:57

gingham69
Trades :   

sfstacker wrote:
mmissinglink wrote:

Logic tells me that 97% of climate scientists aren't part of some Right Wing concocted nefarious conspiracy theory.....but instead are providing us the best insights into the truth that climate change is impacted notably or significantly by modern human activity......  http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

People who are naive enough to get caught up in conspiracy theories don't practice logic. There will always be that few percent that dont...

97% of all statistics are made up and statistics can be made to prove anything.....even the truth!  wink

#33 2017-02-16 03:51:16

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
Trades :   36 

Court Jester wrote:

Nice horsepower!  Don't end up rapping yourself round a tree!

The following user says thank you for this post: renovator

#34 2017-02-16 04:00:39

gingham69
Trades :   

Skyrocket wrote:
Court Jester wrote:

Nice horsepower!  Don't end up rapping yourself round a tree!

Yep pussies hate trees! sad

#35 2017-02-16 05:43:10

southerncross
Silver Stacker

Might want to remove your personal details Shane.

#36 2017-02-16 06:23:27

Court Jester
Silver Stacker
Trades :   42 

southerncross wrote:

Might want to remove your personal details Shane.

I dont really care my name nor my rego is not exactly a state secret  I run a part time business from home my details are all over the net allready and not hard to goofle / track down (e.g. gumtree, my website ) I dont keep anything of value here and the cars are all insured so I am not overly worried.

Im not Assange and need to hide in a rat hole.

Last edited by Court Jester (2017-02-16 06:26:46)

<--------------------------------------------------------- SIDEWAYS --------------------------------------------------------->
quote=sammysilver 25/10/13  ----- PMs will drive silver to over $30 by Christmas with the GSR dropping to sub 50. I've overextended myself at sub $24 but will keep buying up to $30 then sell half my stack at Easter at $36 and buy up on the next dip if there is one.
Running Telly of incorrect to correct Predictions by SammySilver -- 7:1 as of 10/08/16

The following user says thank you for this post: gingham69

#37 2017-02-16 10:37:30

mmissinglink

gingham69 wrote:
sfstacker wrote:
mmissinglink wrote:

97% of all statistics are made up and statistics can be made to prove anything.....even the truth!  wink

Sounds like the ramblings of a conspiracy theory nutjob.  roll   lol

#38 2017-02-16 18:30:04

gingham69
Trades :   

mmissinglink wrote:
gingham69 wrote:
sfstacker wrote:

Sounds like the ramblings of a conspiracy theory nutjob.  roll   lol

Well certainly a few on here!!

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/stati … tudy-finds

#39 2017-02-16 21:19:15

mmissinglink

That they can, doesn't mean they do. There's no evidence whatsoever that 97% of scientists who study the climate are colluding in some grand mysterious conspiracy just because climate change deniers claim so.

It's rather obvious that the climate change deniers are self deluding themselves in the same way that "silver-to-da-moon-tomorrow" permabulls are. These are people who have zero credibility because they are irrational nutjobs.

#40 2017-02-17 01:30:37

gingham69
Trades :   

mmissinglink wrote:

That they can, doesn't mean they do. There's no evidence whatsoever that 97% of scientists who study the climate are colluding in some grand mysterious conspiracy just because climate change deniers claim so.

It's rather obvious that the climate change deniers are self deluding themselves in the same way that "silver-to-da-moon-tomorrow" permabulls are. These are people who have zero credibility because they are irrational nutjobs.

Yep a few irrational nutjobs on here as well but they are entitled to their opinion as opinions are like bums.... we all have one!
As for the obvious??  Obviously the climate change deniers would say the same about believers no?
Zero credibility is no different it's just an opinion as let's be honest many people think Trump and Hansen as an example have zero credibility
and look what's happened, see all about opinions, whose right whose wrong?
Anyway people with perceived credibility are very often full of bulls*it and lies once the truth comes out as it always boils down to the vast majority of humans are just self indulgent ar*eholes.
Climate change has been around for millions if not billions of years and humans will learn to adapt or technology will prevail, however of course humans are having some effect [it just depends on your opinion of how much] along with many many other things so only a matter of time before something catastrophic will happen and wipe most of the human race off the planet if not all. sad

#41 2017-02-17 02:38:00

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
Trades :   102 
Website

Opinions have no place in science.

Justified knowledge is what should be acted upon. The true level of human impact upon climate is not arrived at by debating opinions, it is only arrived at through applying rigorous scientific method. And then it's only true until further evidence proves it wrong. But opinion has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by mmm....shiney! (2017-02-17 02:38:51)

The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

The following user says thank you for this post: Big A.D.

#42 2017-02-17 04:08:36

gingham69
Trades :   

mmm....shiney! wrote:

Justified knowledge is what should be acted upon. The true level of human impact upon climate is not arrived at by debating opinions, it is only arrived at through applying rigorous scientific method. And then it's only true until further evidence proves it wrong. But opinion has nothing to do with it.

Talking of zero credibility irrational nut jobs?  wondered how long it would take you! tongue
Facts have nothing to do with reality as in reality it's a leader/government or a countries opinion not the facts that count and yes it does when everything is manipulated as you have to have an opinion whether you actual believe the so called facts most certainly on this particular subject!

#43 2017-02-17 06:45:21

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
Website

gingham69 wrote:
mmm....shiney! wrote:

Talking of zero credibility irrational nut jobs?  wondered how long it would take you! tongue
Facts have nothing to do with reality as in reality it's a leader/government or a countries opinion not the facts that count and yes it does when everything is manipulated as you have to have an opinion whether you actual believe the so called facts most certainly on this particular subject!

Opinions are unjustified, or unsubstantiated beliefs. Anyone who has an opinion about AGW therefore has an unsubstantiated belief about man's effect upon the environment. Opinions should not guide policy decisions nor should they guide decision making processes both at a personal level and a state level. The fact that they may guide policy decision making processes and that they certainly do guide personal decision making processes does not in any way give credibility to an opinion.

Opinions are worth a piece of shit and if you didn't realise it yet - no one is entitled to have an opinion either. If you want to determine whether the facts presented to you by a leader or government are true, then you shouldn't form an opinion, you should form a justified belief. You're entitled to justified beliefs because they are a critical part of achieving your full, human potential.

And rather than opinions, it is only facts that should count in the real world. Opinions may matter in the political sphere but it's only because those that would wield power immorally love to appeal to ignorance and opinions rather than knowledge and facts.

The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.

#44 2017-02-17 08:32:43

gingham69
Trades :   

mmm....shiney! wrote:
gingham69 wrote:
mmm....shiney! wrote:

Opinions are unjustified, or unsubstantiated beliefs. Anyone who has an opinion about AGW therefore has an unsubstantiated belief about man's effect upon the environment. Opinions should not guide policy decisions nor should they guide decision making processes both at a personal level and a state level. The fact that they may guide policy decision making processes and that they certainly do guide personal decision making processes does not in any way give credibility to an opinion.

Opinions are worth a piece of shit and if you didn't realise it yet - no one is entitled to have an opinion either. If you want to determine whether the facts presented to you by a leader or government are true, then you shouldn't form an opinion, you should form a justified belief. You're entitled to justified beliefs because they are a critical part of achieving your full, human potential.

And rather than opinions, it is only facts that should count in the real world. Opinions may matter in the political sphere but it's only because those that would wield power immorally love to appeal to ignorance and opinions rather than knowledge and facts.

Well believe it or not I agree with a lot of what you said apart from the "no one is entitled to have an opinion either"

Of course they are just like you had your own opinion to reply or was that a justified belief?

#45 2017-02-17 16:38:12

mmissinglink

gingham69 wrote:
mmissinglink wrote:

Yep a few irrational nutjobs on here as well but they are entitled to their opinion as opinions are like bums.... we all have one!
As for the obvious??  Obviously the climate change deniers would say the same about believers no?
Zero credibility is no different it's just an opinion as let's be honest many people think Trump and Hansen as an example have zero credibility
Anyway people with perceived credibility are very often full of bulls*it and lies once the truth comes out as it always boils down to the vast majority of humans are just self indulgent ar*eholes.
Climate change has been around for millions if not billions of years and humans will learn to adapt or technology will prevail, however of course humans are having some effect [it just depends on your opinion of how much] along with many many other things so only a matter of time before something catastrophic will happen and wipe most of the human race off the planet if not all. sad

That the climate change deniers can say something like "zero credibility", doesn't mean it's rational or true. They are entitled to their own opinions, but not to making up their own facts as they always do. The verdict has been out....science has confirmed that human activity has a measurable affect on the climate. Anthropogenic climate change is indisputable. The only real debate are terms such as "significant" and "too late" and what can be done to hasten or change the trajectories.

Make no mistake, most climate change deniers don't care one bit about the truth when it comes to the climate because they don't care about anything except their own agenda. These are among the most selfish, self centered people on earth. I have come across many of them and they are not sober thinking people.

Last edited by mmissinglink (2017-02-17 16:39:29)

#46 2017-02-17 17:14:23

Shaddam IV
Silver Stacker

mmissinglink wrote:

That the climate change deniers can say something like "zero credibility", doesn't mean it's rational or true. They are entitled to their own opinions, but not to making up their own facts as they always do. The verdict has been out....science has confirmed that human activity has a measurable affect on the climate. Anthropogenic climate change is indisputable. The only real debate are terms such as "significant" and "too late" and what can be done to hasten or change the trajectories.

Make no mistake, most climate change deniers don't care one bit about the truth when it comes to the climate because they don't care about anything except their own agenda. These are among the most selfish, self centered people on earth. I have come across many of them and they are not sober thinking people.

Don't forget Nazizs. If you are going to have a really effective self-righteous, pompous, judgemental rant on a web forum about everyone who is so stupid that they have a different viewpoint to your own you also need to slay them completely so that they truly realize that their thoughts don't fit the correct narrative. You have to finish them off by also calling them a Nazi or a sexist or a deplorable or a homophobe so that they truly realize that they have been beaten by a superior intellect.

The following user says thank you for this post: gingham69

#47 2017-02-17 17:36:43

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
Website

gingham69 wrote:

Well believe it or not I agree with a lot of what you said apart from the "no one is entitled to have an opinion either"

Of course they are just like you had your own opinion to reply or was that a justified belief?

Mine was a justified belief, critically different from an opinion.

If an opinion centres on personal taste or preferences, such as strawberry ice cream is better than vanilla ice cream, then fine, a person is entitled to their opinion.

But if someone intends to pass their opinion off as fact or truth when it really is nothing more than just a subjective judgment, then no, they're not entitled to their opinion and no one should have to listen to it.

There are dozens of opinions around AGW and no one is entitled to share them because they are not factual and no one should have to hear them, because to do so is to peddle lies or misinformation. There are justified beliefs around both sides of AGW and these are a welcome input into the climate change debate. For anyone that can't form a justified belief around global warming they should just shut the turtle up and talk about strawberry ice cream. This goes for everything in life mind you.

Last edited by mmm....shiney! (2017-02-17 17:40:14)

#48 2017-02-17 20:25:14

mmissinglink

Shaddam IV wrote:
mmissinglink wrote:

Don't forget Nazizs. If you are going to have a really effective self-righteous, pompous, judgemental rant on a web forum about everyone who is so stupid that they have a different viewpoint to your own you also need to slay them completely so that they truly realize that their thoughts don't fit the correct narrative. You have to finish them off by also calling them a Nazi or a sexist or a deplorable or a homophobe so that they truly realize that they have been beaten by a superior intellect.

You are projecting, again. You've got to get out of the habit of looking in the mirror when you type such rants regarding yourself.   roll

#49 2017-02-17 20:42:39

gingham69
Trades :   

mmissinglink wrote:
gingham69 wrote:
mmissinglink wrote:

Yes they are entitled to their opinion but based on facts? The facts as you put it still seem to be out on what level humans actually really play? Your statement of 97% of scientists [more like 80%] isn't correct as just one quick google http://www.forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/20 … 9537187c6c  could tell you that so are you being hoodwinked and just a sheep following the mass??
So you also said the only real debate is how significant which I agree with but the so called FACTS aren't always what they appear are they!
Also make no mistake that most people full stop are selfish and self centered as I said earlier so it's not just reserved for deniers as you put it.
So being that 97% is the figure that is commonly used and is not correct what else isn't or are you just an irrational nutjob to even question it? sad

#50 2017-02-17 20:58:52

gingham69
Trades :   

mmm....shiney! wrote:
gingham69 wrote:

Mine was a justified belief, critically different from an opinion.

If an opinion centres on personal taste or preferences, such as strawberry ice cream is better than vanilla ice cream, then fine, a person is entitled to their opinion.

But if someone intends to pass their opinion off as fact or truth when it really is nothing more than just a subjective judgment, then no, they're not entitled to their opinion and no one should have to listen to it.

There are dozens of opinions around AGW and no one is entitled to share them because they are not factual and no one should have to hear them, because to do so is to peddle lies or misinformation. There are justified beliefs around both sides of AGW and these are a welcome input into the climate change debate. For anyone that can't form a justified belief around global warming they should just shut the turtle up and talk about strawberry ice cream. This goes for everything in life mind you.

FFS what bulls*it rhetoric as usual and you argue the most petty pointless crap but I don't expect anything else from you after reading most of your inane posts over the years and you still have the record for the most lol but that's life eh!
Everything is subjective even you being a Strawberry that should shut the turtle up!! Just my opinion even though I'm not entitled to one!
Climate change which this thread is about must be rife in your house with all the sh*t that comes out both ends eh! roll

Board footer