Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is archived. Please visit the new forums at www.silverstackers.com. Password reset may be required!

#1 2017-01-09 16:46:10

Silverthorn
Member
Registered: 2010-04-29
Posts: 2,584
Trades :   

Prince!

Offline

The following 7 users say thank you for this post: kiona, SpacePete, billybob888, AnubisOne, boneyard, Skyrocket, betterlatethannever

#2 2017-01-09 20:05:49

Roswell Crash Survivor
Silver Stacker
From: Zeta Reticuli
Registered: 2011-04-11
Posts: 1,965
Trades :   32 

Re: Prince!

Huffington Post wrote:

When Prince died last year, he was the owner of an estimated $25.4 million worth of real estate (and other personal property) and 67 10-ounce gold bars, according to estate documents. Yes, solid gold bars.

The bars have been estimated to be worth a combined US$836,166.70, as gold is currently going for $1,180 an ounce.


The Roswell Crash Survivor

Offline

#3 2017-01-09 21:05:31

tolly_67
Member
Registered: 2010-05-17
Posts: 1,759
Trades :   

Re: Prince!

I knew he liked diamonds and pearls....

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: gingham69

#4 2017-01-09 22:03:09

Ipv6Ready
Silver Stacker
From: North Sydney
Registered: 2016-01-08
Posts: 2,261
Trades :   39 

Re: Prince!

Surely a stacker would have more than 1% or 2% of their wealth in PM.
Bearing in mind that his estate is more than $25 in real estate, surely his label and copyright is worth much more than $50million.

In context $900k in gold for Prince is peanuts.

Maybe I can call myself a stacker


WTB 4 to 6 grams of pure gold. Don't care if it is coin, bar or granules. Near spot, suits anyone who has been tempted to open a certicard or just have some granules to make a ring

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: gingham69, House

#5 2017-01-09 22:07:32

radiobirdman
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 2,300
Trades :   59 

Re: Prince!

Ipv6Ready wrote:

Surely a stacker would have more than 1% or 2% of their wealth in PM.
Bearing in mind that his estate is more than $25 in real estate, surely his label and copyright is worth much more than $50million.

In context $900k in gold for Prince is peanuts.

Maybe I can call myself a stacker

That's a good question, what % of your wealth in PMs makes you a stacker

Offline

#6 2017-01-10 00:04:50

bordsilver
Silver Stacker
From: The rocks
Registered: 2012-05-23
Posts: 9,610
Trades :   36 

Re: Prince!

radiobirdman wrote:

That's a good question, what % of your wealth in PMs makes you a stacker

Is it more a question of how many ounces makes you a stacker? 2.5 times more than global average?

Depending on which estimates you believe, the stocks of central banks are about 30,000 tonnes and the total held in private hands is in the order of 100,000-140,000 tonnes of gold. Dividing by a global population of 7 billion people, then there's around 14-21 grams per person (or 0.5-0.7 ounces).

Hence, maybe you're a stacker if you have at least 1.2-1.7 ounces per person?


The only good tax is a repealed tax.

Offline

#7 2017-01-10 01:18:50

serial
Silver Stacker
From: wa
Registered: 2012-08-19
Posts: 3,382
Trades :   218 

Re: Prince!

I always saw it as a percentage of wealth thing. If you hold say 25% or more of your wealth (not including the family home) in gold or silver you are a stacker

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: gingham69

#8 2017-01-10 05:31:15

Roswell Crash Survivor
Silver Stacker
From: Zeta Reticuli
Registered: 2011-04-11
Posts: 1,965
Trades :   32 

Re: Prince!

Ipv6Ready wrote:

In context $900k in gold for Prince is peanuts.

Definitely. If I could have either:

(a) the sixty-seven 10oz bars, or
(b) 5% ownership interest in of his intellectual property (music royalties, image rights etc.)

I'd pick (b) nine times out of ten.

According to a BBC documentary, there'd a literal vault full of unreleased recordings and video footage.


The Roswell Crash Survivor

Offline

#9 2017-01-10 05:54:00

Roswell Crash Survivor
Silver Stacker
From: Zeta Reticuli
Registered: 2011-04-11
Posts: 1,965
Trades :   32 

Re: Prince!

On the subject of American male music artists who had the pinnacle of their careers in the 1980s.

I miss Michael Jackson.


The Roswell Crash Survivor

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: Silver_Dealar

#10 2017-01-10 06:57:51

tolly_67
Member
Registered: 2010-05-17
Posts: 1,759
Trades :   

Re: Prince!

radiobirdman wrote:
Ipv6Ready wrote:

Surely a stacker would have more than 1% or 2% of their wealth in PM.
Bearing in mind that his estate is more than $25 in real estate, surely his label and copyright is worth much more than $50million.

In context $900k in gold for Prince is peanuts.

Maybe I can call myself a stacker

That's a good question, what % of your wealth in PMs makes you a stacker

It is not a %......the answer is quite simple when you think about it.....as long as you have at least 2 pieces, then you are, or at least have the ability to be, a stacker.
The only decision is which piece do you place on top!

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: kiona, SpacePete

#11 2017-01-10 20:05:58

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2014-07-20
Posts: 4,901
Trades :   36 

Re: Prince!

Maloney just put out a good video on Prince with a completely different angle on it -

Offline

#12 2017-01-10 20:10:06

SpacePete
Silver Stacker
Registered: 2014-03-01
Posts: 13,437
Trades :   122 
Website

Re: Prince!

tolly_67 wrote:
radiobirdman wrote:
Ipv6Ready wrote:

Surely a stacker would have more than 1% or 2% of their wealth in PM.
Bearing in mind that his estate is more than $25 in real estate, surely his label and copyright is worth much more than $50million.

In context $900k in gold for Prince is peanuts.

Maybe I can call myself a stacker

That's a good question, what % of your wealth in PMs makes you a stacker

It is not a %......the answer is quite simple when you think about it.....as long as you have at least 2 pieces, then you are, or at least have the ability to be, a stacker.
The only decision is which piece do you place on top!

Good point tolly.

I believe you are a stacker if:

* You have at least two pieces, and
* The spot price immediately dropped after you purchased


Catus amat piscem, sed non vult tingere plantas

Offline

The following 6 users say thank you for this post: kiona, tolly_67, Ipv6Ready, bordsilver, radiobirdman, Silver_Dealar

#13 2017-01-10 20:24:12

bordsilver
Silver Stacker
From: The rocks
Registered: 2012-05-23
Posts: 9,610
Trades :   36 

Re: Prince!


The only good tax is a repealed tax.

Offline

#14 2017-01-10 20:30:03

Ipv6Ready
Silver Stacker
From: North Sydney
Registered: 2016-01-08
Posts: 2,261
Trades :   39 

Re: Prince!

Roswell Crash Survivor wrote:
Ipv6Ready wrote:

In context $900k in gold for Prince is peanuts.

Definitely. If I could have either:

(a) the sixty-seven 10oz bars, or
(b) 5% ownership interest in of his intellectual property (music royalties, image rights etc.)

I'd pick (b) nine times out of ten.

According to a BBC documentary, there'd a literal vault full of unreleased recordings and video footage.

Dont be greedy, if one was gifted is underwear collection lol, I bet it sell for a million dollars.

But on a serious note, can you imagine what some of his undocumented personal scribbling and half finished songs that never got published is worth.


WTB 4 to 6 grams of pure gold. Don't care if it is coin, bar or granules. Near spot, suits anyone who has been tempted to open a certicard or just have some granules to make a ring

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB