Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is open.

#1 2017-01-04 05:46:40

JNS
Member
From: PH
Registered: 2015-10-08
Posts: 209
Trades :   

International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

Hi, i never tried shipping from overseas to Phil, anybody who had tried postage from Australia to Phil? I wanna know a good courier, are the USPS, UPS or Fedex are good for this? Or in  Australia has a better courier or mode like reg postage. I bought my stack usually from my travel abroad with my hand luggage but ofcourse, sometimes i had seen good offers on our boards. I only took the opportunity on buying during family holidays and work overseas schedules.

I know local custom tax for Ph is bit crazy, i probably can handle it. I do my homework reading our local regulations but i want to know any successfull transaction ever made.

Hoping to hear some good advice. I am tempted always to push through but i am bit worried. I read lot of reviews from good dealers, still something is missing.

I was thinking that paying ticket to Hk or Sg is much better if shipping from Australia is quite high risk. But doing so, i have limitation on my hand luggage. Or i need to buy at least 6k or 7k of silver coins abt 300oz / abt 9.1kg to atleast lower my average cost.

From time to time, I wish to keep small transactions staggaredly by 1000usd to 2k on silver coins. Probably a roll or two.

Sorry for my addiction on PM stacking, just looking more convenient way that will work for me.

Thanks.

Last edited by JNS (2017-01-04 06:52:50)


"If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." Benjamin Franklin

Offline

#2 2017-02-11 04:20:59

andsing56
Silver Stacker
From: Tokyo, Japan
Registered: 2013-07-23
Posts: 1,008
Trades :   165 

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

What about thinking of trading with members based in Asia? I am in Tokyo and can ship to Phils no problems, with whatever customs labeling you think is good........

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: JNS

#3 2017-02-11 04:46:54

Stoic Phoenix
Silver Stacker
From: little things big things grow.
Registered: 2014-11-12
Posts: 2,905
Trades :   179 
Website

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

Shipped 5 kilos to Norway express with tracking, got there within a week using Australia Post for under $120

Last edited by Stoic Phoenix (2017-02-11 07:49:29)


www.searchnstay.com    ....for all your accommodation needs worldwide

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: JNS

#4 2017-02-11 06:54:16

renovator
Member
From: QLD
Registered: 2011-01-20
Posts: 7,529
Trades :   

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

i lived over there for a while & had a few things shipped LBC no problems.& fedex are ok too But LBC only have a few branches in oz


i used to be disgusted now im just amused

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: JNS

#5 2017-02-11 12:30:29

JNS
Member
From: PH
Registered: 2015-10-08
Posts: 209
Trades :   

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

andsing56 wrote:

What about thinking of trading with members based in Asia? I am in Tokyo and can ship to Phils no problems, with whatever customs labeling you think is good........

Thank you for the offer, i will be interested in this manner.


"If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." Benjamin Franklin

Offline

#6 2017-02-11 12:34:58

JNS
Member
From: PH
Registered: 2015-10-08
Posts: 209
Trades :   

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

renovator wrote:

i lived over there for a while & had a few things shipped LBC no problems.& fedex are ok too But LBC only have a few branches in oz

I checked with lbc and they are accepting silver coins. Probably Fedex is feasible however i read some negative reviews.


"If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." Benjamin Franklin

Offline

#7 2017-02-11 12:58:59

Aurora et luna
Verified
From: Sydney
Registered: 2009-07-01
Posts: 5,270
Trades :   621 
Website

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

The easiest solution is to contact the forum member JBA88
If you live in Manila, you will be able to source ASE, Maples, Perth Mint coins & Buffalos rounds face to face at a very competitive price!
He is a very trustworthy Sydneystacker member.
Cheers

Offline

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: Lord_Dudley, JNS

#8 2017-02-11 17:58:59

billybob888
Silver Stacker
From: Australia
Registered: 2014-01-08
Posts: 1,505
Trades :   154 

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

My post office says it really depends on the postal workers in a country and how honest they are. But generally the poorer the country is, the more likely it is for the postal workers to give themselves "bonuses".

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: JNS

#9 2017-02-11 18:23:14

fa888
Member
From: Melbourne - Australia
Registered: 2011-10-25
Posts: 105
Trades :   34 

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

Stoic Phoenix wrote:

Shipped 5 kilos to Norway express with tracking, got there within a week using Australia Post for under $120

Stoic, what did you write on the customs form? Did you write 'Gift' and declare actual value? Did you also buy insurance for it?

Thanks

Offline

#10 2017-02-11 19:58:37

renovator
Member
From: QLD
Registered: 2011-01-20
Posts: 7,529
Trades :   

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

JNS wrote:
renovator wrote:

i lived over there for a while & had a few things shipped LBC no problems.& fedex are ok too But LBC only have a few branches in oz

I checked with lbc and they are accepting silver coins. Probably Fedex is feasible however i read some negative reviews.

I had a box sent by LBC on a thursday from sydney & it arrived saturday lunchtime on Bohol ...yes they work saturdays

Last edited by renovator (2017-02-11 19:59:05)


i used to be disgusted now im just amused

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: JNS

#11 2017-02-11 20:00:12

Stoic Phoenix
Silver Stacker
From: little things big things grow.
Registered: 2014-11-12
Posts: 2,905
Trades :   179 
Website

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

fa888 wrote:

Stoic, what did you write on the customs form? Commemoritive Coins
Did you write 'Gift' and declare actual value?Yes and yes
Did you also buy insurance for it? Buyer chose no insurance but it was an available option

Thanks


www.searchnstay.com    ....for all your accommodation needs worldwide

Offline

#12 2017-02-11 23:36:23

JNS
Member
From: PH
Registered: 2015-10-08
Posts: 209
Trades :   

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

Aurora et luna wrote:

The easiest solution is to contact the forum member JBA88
If you live in Manila, you will be able to source ASE, Maples, Perth Mint coins & Buffalos rounds face to face at a very competitive price!
He is a very trustworthy Sydneystacker member.
Cheers

Thank you for the info.


"If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." Benjamin Franklin

Offline

#13 2017-02-11 23:41:44

JNS
Member
From: PH
Registered: 2015-10-08
Posts: 209
Trades :   

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

renovator wrote:
JNS wrote:
renovator wrote:

i lived over there for a while & had a few things shipped LBC no problems.& fedex are ok too But LBC only have a few branches in oz

I checked with lbc and they are accepting silver coins. Probably Fedex is feasible however i read some negative reviews.

I had a box sent by LBC on a thursday from sydney & it arrived saturday lunchtime on Bohol ...yes they work saturdays

Did you send coins?  What do you write in custom papers? I want to buy some items offered in our forum but procedures do stopped me doing it. I appreaciate your guidance.


"If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." Benjamin Franklin

Offline

#14 2017-02-11 23:44:53

JNS
Member
From: PH
Registered: 2015-10-08
Posts: 209
Trades :   

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

Stoic Phoenix wrote:
fa888 wrote:

Stoic, what did you write on the customs form? Commemoritive Coins
Did you write 'Gift' and declare actual value?Yes and yes
Did you also buy insurance for it? Buyer chose no insurance but it was an available option

Thanks

Im curious too, can you tell how the paperworks was done. Thanks.


"If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." Benjamin Franklin

Offline

#15 2017-02-12 01:20:26

renovator
Member
From: QLD
Registered: 2011-01-20
Posts: 7,529
Trades :   

Re: International Shipping from Australia to Philippines - Advice

JNS wrote:
renovator wrote:
JNS wrote:

I checked with lbc and they are accepting silver coins. Probably Fedex is feasible however i read some negative reviews.

I had a box sent by LBC on a thursday from sydney & it arrived saturday lunchtime on Bohol ...yes they work saturdays

Did you send coins?  What do you write in custom papers? I want to buy some items offered in our forum but procedures do stopped me doing it. I appreaciate your guidance.

It wasnt coins so i cant help ya . It was a carton. I think i asked the girl to send it as a balikbayan box so no customs .


i used to be disgusted now im just amused

Offline

The following user says thank you for this post: JNS

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB