Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is closed. It will open again next Wednesday.

#1 2016-08-31 00:07:35

miniroo
Silver Stacker
Trades :   25 
Website

New $5 Note

Back when the new $5 note came out I went to note printng australia on the day and bought folders with a new one & an old one, think they also had red serial numbers.

I tried to look online but it doesn't seem NPA allow public to buy from their shop anymore, is this true? so there will be no commemorative style $5 notes for the occasion?

They come out tomorrow, Where would be the best place to get them tomorrow in sealed blocks?
I want some with low early serial numbers, would banks in the city have them tomorrow?

.                                                                                         
My Scrapping Videos - Scrap Forum

#2 2016-08-31 00:29:24

Jislizard
Silver Stacker
Trades :   56 

Re: New $5 Note

As far as I know, the RBA auctions off the first prefixes.

Check out http://banknotes.rba.gov.au/resources/f … banknotes/

from http://banknotes.rba.gov.au/questions-a … ollectors/
In 2012 the Reserve Bank announced plans to upgrade the security of Australia's banknotes. To enable the Reserve Bank to focus its resources on this project, a decision has been made to discontinue numismatic banknote sales of the current polymer series. The Reserve Bank is now in the process of assessing potential options for future numismatic sales to coincide with the issuance of the next generation series of Australian banknotes. Further information will be provided on the Collecting Banknotes page as it becomes available.

Last edited by Jislizard (2016-08-31 00:30:51)

Now stacking: World Junk Silver Coins.
Swap your older, worn, dirty fractional silver coins for fiat, .999 rounds or legal tender. 
Individual coins, mixed lots or bulk. 
Not looking for Australian, bent, holed or damaged coins, thanks!

#3 2016-09-02 08:56:59

goldenspike
Trades :   

Re: New $5 Note

I think I have one or two in a first day cover from 1988 around, I dont think its worth all that much?  $5 invested in stocks in 1988 rather than in a $5 first day cover probably would have been a better investment.

Board footer