Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

• Index
  • » Silver
  • » Australian Silver mining shares - AYN.AX- .11 cents. anyone seen this?

#1 2011-07-28 06:29:41

beamseeker
Trades :   

Australian Silver mining shares - AYN.AX- .11 cents. anyone seen this?

Purchased and vault stored alot of physical silver bars 6 months ago. The bullion seller now says theyve had queues to the street, the vault owner says the waiting list for storage lockers is getting longer.
Warren Buffet once said, '...put all your eggs in one basket, but watch that basket very closely..' , thus am now looking for a good silver mining stock.
Have done some research re 'Diggers and Drillers' share mining website. Theyre are fully bullish about silver investment.
They dont disclose, but mention a speccy Australian penny stock that thru their research could be the first Australian silver miner to pour their own bars. I have done my research and think may have found it.
ALCYONE RESOURSES LTD, asx code AYN.AX. currently at .11 cents. It moved 13.64 p/cent yday.
Spoke to ComSec on phone re something else, in passing mentioned AYN, even though theyre not supposed to, the bloke sparked up and said theres a lot of chat about AYN.
This could be a great means to more physical silver, end game. Can anyone confirm/squash this, or add any words of relevance pls?

#2 2011-07-28 06:50:54

Ouch
Member+
Trades :   29 

Re: Australian Silver mining shares - AYN.AX- .11 cents. anyone seen this?

"The loudest duck gets shot" - Chinese proverb

#3 2011-07-28 08:25:00

Bulawan pilak
Member+
Trades :   

Do you do your own brokerage or buy sell through someone?

ie on line brokerage?

What, me worry?

#4 2011-07-28 10:10:48

Sargeant Argent
Member+
Trades :   

The price coupled with the fact that its generated enough interest to be mention in 5 forum threads make it seem like it could be a good bet. I don't know much about stocks but based on speculation alone for the price of less than 6 ozs of physical you could get 200 shares. Tempting...

#5 2011-07-28 12:47:46

Goldhamster
Trades :   

I think AYN is the old MacMin(MM)who were based on the Gold Coast.It used to be a great trading stock and i made quite some money on their options. However ,it later became clear that their Silver Product ,which i think they tried to sell at the mine gate wasn't all it was supposed to be. For some reason I remember that it was a powder that was won by electro-something.MMN was unable to proceed with it,for reasons that aren't exactly clear to me anymore,but I would guess it had something to do with a lower price of Silver and the way it was extracted,costs essentially. They also raised money with no end and payed themself generous options.I was out of all MMN positions when the curtain closed and was surprised that someone else thought they can have a go at Texas and I promised myself I would not touch it.

#6 2011-07-28 13:18:32

gilly111
Trades :   10 

they've started pouring silver bars thats enough for me to invest in them when they say it cost them like 13 dollars to produce an oz

#7 2011-07-28 20:11:52

beamseeker
Trades :   

Some may find this 1 month old tech analysis AYN of interest.
  Seems to be German, gives AYN the big thumbs up.
  If keen search YouTube - 'UltimateEquityTrader Reviews - Alcyone Resources'

#8 2011-09-06 18:55:04

CriticalSilver
Silver Stacker

Looks like it's sitting at 10c at the moment. Any news on this stock?

#9 2011-09-06 19:01:16

salty lemon
Silver Stacker
Trades :   

AYN looks good, CCU looks good. EVG a steal also in my opinion.

Versace on feather

The following user says thank you for this post: Ag

#10 2011-09-06 21:51:10

Ag
Silver Stacker
Trades :   79 

Ag says Buy AYN Buy CCU

Both good value IMHO

"You learn by listening and not by talking..." Author Unknown
"I don't use the term correction in relation to silver as it's already undervalued..."Author geewiz
"BeanBag and Popcorn ready...press Play"...Author Ag
"pitchfork-wielding price-discovering crowd demands..."...Author rbaggio

The following user says thank you for this post: salty lemon

#11 2011-09-06 22:27:30

Nukz
Member+
Trades :   

AYN looks to be tracking the price of silver quite well. It's abit speculative when the mine only produces silver though. You may see big moves in these small cap stocks but you can also see quite abit of volatility. I would think if your in it for the long haul just get Newcrest or something then you also get a dividend even though it is quite small its something.

It's actually quite rare since silver is more a bi-product of what the miner is really there for.

Last edited by Nukz (2011-09-06 22:30:08)

#12 2011-09-07 00:11:50

salty lemon
Silver Stacker
Trades :   

Nukz, I don't see AYN tracking the price of silver at all at this stage. I also reckon junior stocks offer massive leverage, more than Newcrest and the other big boys can. These junior miners can be bought by these larger companies. In short I reckon if your in it for the long haul and want safety then yes, it is safe and wise to buy Newcrest but even so I think it couldn't hurt so have some percentage of junoir miners in the portfolio.

Versace on feather

#13 2011-09-07 00:37:04

Nukz
Member+
Trades :   

geewiz wrote:

Nukz, I don't see AYN tracking the price of silver at all at this stage. I also reckon junior stocks offer massive leverage, more than Newcrest and the other big boys can. These junior miners can be bought by these larger companies. In short I reckon if your in it for the long haul and want safety then yes, it is safe and wise to buy Newcrest but even so I think it couldn't hurt so have some percentage of junoir miners in the portfolio.

Absolutely, i agree its usually the small caps which you can make serious money from. AYN looks good actually and the price looks right so i might take a further look :-)

The following user says thank you for this post: salty lemon

#14 2011-09-07 00:45:19

southerncross

It's just paper, you cant hold it in your sweaty little hands. Have a look at what happened to mining stocks in the last GFC even BHP lost 40% then and has still not regained it's pre GFC price.

When a market crashes The market crashes and unless you are highly skilled or time things just right you are risking your $.

bhp-billiton-5-year-chart-feb-11.gif
Source:

au1825nyb.gif
Source:

ag1825nyb.gif
Source:

#15 2011-09-19 00:39:07

Scorpion75
Member+
Trades :   

Anyone that is interested in AYN go onto their website. I hold 125,000 of them. They have poured over 200,000 ounces from their heap leach left by Macmin. Target is 1.5m -2m ounces a year and they are moving into full production at the end of Sept 2011.
They also pour the bars on site in their new room. Currently 10.5c. With a cost of approx $15/ounce their profit of around $23/$24 currently is very good.
My target is 20c in the next qrtr or so.
All the Macmin issues were fixed with regards to producing. They have already poured over 200,000 ounces compared to Macmins 500,000 or so. And thats only in 3mths. Production is set to increase dramatically from here on in.

Cheers

Scorp

The following user says thank you for this post: Ag

#16 2011-09-19 02:06:00

Philski
Member+
Trades :   39 
Website

Some Geological and Historically info for you all, in the company's tenement zone.

Historical Silver Spur Production 1892 - 1914
68t of silver, 1950t of lead, 690t of zinc, and 140kg of gold. Mineralization is Galena and/or Sphalerite. I sell both. smile

http://mines.industry.qld.gov.au/geosci … ogy-11.htm

Its a very similar deposit to what we get here in Tasmania's West coast and Fossey Range with associated Cassiterite (tin) closer to the Granite Pluton, same same. Both type and age and Orogeny, Actually they had a couple of big mountain building events so even better, room for the ore to grow. What they are producing from what i briefly read is mine dump tailings etc. they need to find a target and get solid drill results to be worthwhile in my opinion, they may well already, i haventy seen any magentics on the area or dipole dipole AP etc to get a better idea if anything is left. But it was obviously a productive mine in its day. some 300 grams Ag per ton at a guess, without knowing historical mine output yet.

Phillip

Last edited by Philski (2011-09-19 02:09:12)

#17 2011-09-19 14:52:13

Scope
Member+
Trades :   25 

southerncross wrote:

It's just paper, you cant hold it in your sweaty little hands. Have a look at what happened to mining stocks in the last GFC even BHP lost 40% then and has still not regained it's pre GFC price.

In the 2008 GFC, the price of precious metals crashed and this resulted in PM stock prices crashing along with the rest of the market. However, when PMs were rising in early 2009, PM stocks performed well when the market was still sliding.

Also consider what can happen if silver prices go parabolic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poseidon_bubble

#18 2011-09-19 16:53:08

Ikikyabut
Trades :   

I have been watching this stock for a while but only had the money to either go AYN or EVG and with EVG listing on the TSX soon and set to produce both SLV and GLD it won out in the end. But as soon as i get some more AYN is definately the next on my list. Oh and im a noooob here, so hello everyone.

The following user says thank you for this post: Ilikemetals

#19 2011-09-19 20:46:43

Nukz
Member+
Trades :   

I had some of these (75,000) but sold recently i'm abit suspicious of those 3 month charts. It's either preparing for a sell-off or going to have a spike upward but i'm not taking my chances. You obviously know what i think may happen from both.

I did however put some more into TLS when they dipped below $3 recently. There really my favorite defensive stock and have nice dividends. As far as dealing with them on my phone or mobile... that's a whole different story... lol

#20 2011-09-19 22:11:39

Ag
Silver Stacker
Trades :   79 

Well each to there own but have liked this since 2c - didn't put money down until 6c and think 20c in the next quarter is pretty realistic...

Oh an welcome Ikikyabut

"You learn by listening and not by talking..." Author Unknown
"I don't use the term correction in relation to silver as it's already undervalued..."Author geewiz
"BeanBag and Popcorn ready...press Play"...Author Ag
"pitchfork-wielding price-discovering crowd demands..."...Author rbaggio

#21 2011-09-19 23:22:18

Ilikemetals
Member+
Trades :   

Damm,  wish i had more fiat to buy some of these. My Grad job doesn't start till January sad

• Index
  • » Silver
  • » Australian Silver mining shares - AYN.AX- .11 cents. anyone seen this?

Board footer