Silver Stackers logo

Silver Stackers

Discussion forum for those
who love to stack precious metals

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum registration is closed. It will reopen on Monday.

#26 2017-02-28 06:42:10

JulieW
Silver Stacker

Re: 6 reasons to reject Le Pen

southerncross wrote:
Shaddam IV wrote:
bordsilver wrote:

I have a strong belief (which I understand the evidence supports) that if all drugs could be accessed legally like people buy other products, the quality of the products would improve along with significantly better information and awareness which would lead to a reduction in the numbers of serious ice addicts.

I can't imagine the moral, legal and ethical implications of selling a drug like ice over the counter when it so quickly and comprehensively cores out its users minds, destroys their and their families lives and then kills them. I would suspect that any store selling that stuff legally would not be left standing for very long, angry parents of dead teens would take it and it's owners to pieces.

I agree with both point's here. Ice is nothing but detrimental for all concerned, but if legal access to recreational drugs was permitted then in time a replacement would be manufactured that would no doubt give the same high that users are seeking but also be far less damaging to the users. As it is now Ice is freely available anyway and those selling it are seemingly free to do what they want with manufacturing and distribution.
A dedicated industry that is governed and monitored would no doubt be safer for users and also knockout the criminal element in a large way it could also generate a huge windfall in taxes that could be spent on providing medical care for the population instead of lining the pockets of illicit drug importers.

The drugs are already available, it is a multi billion dollar industry, lets face it people just like getting high and have and will continue to do so despite any efforts of the Gov't or the Law.

It's High Time (pun intended) that the Gov't and law enforcement look at this problem another way.

Ice is a dirty drug which is immensely profitable for all but the street flotsam and users. I see Ice all over the place and, yes, it's ugly, but I've been in countries where every drug was in effect legal and there was little problem. Family support, societal disapproval etc seemed to work to keep it all peripheral.

Once drugs are made illegal crime enters the picture and that causes more problems than the drug itself in my view. Actively recruiting users for one, and marginalising and criminalising users for another.

Legalise it all and put in humane safety nets and educational programs. I posted a thread about Iceland's approach and that approach seems like a good start.

The following 6 users say thank you for this post: southerncross, gingham69, bordsilver, BuggedOut, precious roar, renovator

#27 2017-02-28 06:55:47

willrocks
Silver Stacker
Trades :   29 

JulieW wrote:
willrocks wrote:

So how do I reject her?

Text ?

lol

I tried that ("Le Pen, it's over. You're rejected"), she's taking it really hard.

"You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

The following user says thank you for this post: JulieW

#28 2017-02-28 07:33:32

Shaddam IV
Silver Stacker

willrocks wrote:
JulieW wrote:
willrocks wrote:

So how do I reject her?

Text ?

lol

I tried that ("Le Pen, it's over. You're rejected"), she's taking it really hard.

Try "Your fired!"

#29 2017-02-28 07:37:10

JulieW
Silver Stacker

Shaddam IV wrote:
willrocks wrote:
JulieW wrote:

Text ?

lol

Try "Your fired!"

Tell her "it's not you, it's me".

The following user says thank you for this post: Shaddam IV

#30 2017-02-28 07:56:05

Stoic Phoenix
Silver Stacker
Trades :   182 
Website

Shaddam IV wrote:
willrocks wrote:
JulieW wrote:

Text ?

lol

Try "Your fired!"

Advise her she was not "Semper Fidelis" (Marine's Motto) tongue

www.searchnstay.com    ....for all your accommodation needs worldwide

#31 2017-02-28 07:56:09

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
Trades :   102 
Website

Shaddam IV wrote:
bordsilver wrote:

I have a strong belief (which I understand the evidence supports) that if all drugs could be accessed legally like people buy other products, the quality of the products would improve along with significantly better information and awareness which would lead to a reduction in the numbers of serious ice addicts.

I can't imagine the moral, legal and ethical implications of selling a drug like ice over the counter when it so quickly and comprehensively cores out its users minds, destroys their and their families lives and then kills them. I would suspect that any store selling that stuff legally would not be left standing for very long, angry parents of dead teens would take it and it's owners to pieces.

In a free society the ethical obligations of selling a drug such as ice rest entirely between the supplier and the user. The legal implications on the other hand are shared with non-users and are protected by law. That being said, parents that choose violence as a means to resolve and enact retribution because of the fact that their children have decided to use dangerous drugs are engaging in equally immoral behaviour.

The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

#32 2017-02-28 08:42:52

Roswell Crash Survivor
Silver Stacker
Trades :   32 

Here's another reason: Accepting a sweetheart loan from a bank with close ties to a foreign government whose interests and governing values are diametrically opposite to those of France?

"Is Marine Le Pen's Russian cash pipeline drying up?"
http://www.france24.com/en/20170105-fra … n-campaign

Not much of "Liberté, égalité, fraternité" in Moscow.

Opposition figures and journalists are being assassinated on the streets.
"Russia opposition politician Boris Nemtsov shot dead"
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31669061

LGBTIQ folks are being physically attacked and imprisoned for what happens in their personal lives
"Being gay in Russia"
http://www.gq.com/story/being-gay-in-russia

The Kremlin is backing the Orthodox Church as an 'approved state religion', suppressing every other faith including non-Orthodox christian denominations
"Russia's Newest Law: No Evangelizing Outside of Church(UPDATE) Putin signs new restrictions that limit where and how Christians share the gospel."
http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleani … poses.html

Last edited by Roswell Crash Survivor (2017-02-28 19:15:26)

The Roswell Crash Survivor

#33 2017-02-28 08:48:53

Roswell Crash Survivor
Silver Stacker

Stoic Phoenix wrote:

Decidedly not! Especially when your party is openly relying on financial support from a foreign power in Moscow.

Peaceful and equitable coexistence between nations is desirable; there's a long distance between that and complete capitulation of all you hold dear in the name of appeasement!

Last edited by Roswell Crash Survivor (2017-02-28 08:49:56)

#34 2017-02-28 09:13:23

southerncross
Silver Stacker

mmm....shiney! wrote:
Shaddam IV wrote:
bordsilver wrote:

In a free society the ethical obligations of selling a drug such as ice rest entirely between the supplier and the user. The legal implications on the other hand are shared with non-users and are protected by law. That being said, parents that choose violence as a means to resolve and enact retribution because of the fact that their children have decided to use dangerous drugs are engaging in equally immoral behaviour.

I don't know if you have kid's or not shiney, but as a parent ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that poses injury or injures/damages my children is not only fare game for retribution, it is just about guaranteed to bring about retribution from my end. If I had a child that bought drugs and who was caused harm by said drugs, I would leave no stone left unturned to find and prosecute to the full extent my Vengeance upon them. Sure my child might have a part to play by deciding to purchase said drugs and supporting the practice etc, but is it also not implicit upon the seller of said drugs to ensure under the 'moral contract' with your ethical free society , that said drugs will not cause them ( the purchaser) harm ? And if it does cause the purchaser harm, should they (the dealers) not expect the consequences over and above the effects upon their business model ?

Surgically removed belly button with entrails in tow, nailed to a large tree, cattle prod applied to Scrotum and Anus from behind, while said dealer in harm is chased about the tree until self disembowelment is achieved and then left for the birds and other hungry critters to finish off.... On a good day.

Call it equally immoral behaviour if you like, but I personally do not trust the 'system' to equally share the legal implications. Somebody who has $millions at their disposal to spend on defense counsel on their behalf V a user of their product, in the very very unlikely event that the Big Guy ever faces a trial is not even close to a fair match, let alone equal.

#35 2017-02-28 09:17:52

southerncross
Silver Stacker

Roswell Crash Survivor wrote:
Stoic Phoenix wrote:

Decidedly not! Especially when your party is openly relying on financial support from a foreign power in Moscow.

Peaceful and equitable coexistence between nations is desirable; there's a long distance between that and complete capitulation of all you hold dear in the name of appeasement

Got any actual proof that Le Pen is backed by the Ruskies or is this yet another Fake News leftist myth ?
Seems to me I heard the same thing about Trump not so long ago.

The following user says thank you for this post: errol43

#36 2017-02-28 17:05:15

bordsilver
Silver Stacker
Trades :   36 

southerncross wrote:
mmm....shiney! wrote:
Shaddam IV wrote:

I don't know if you have kid's or not shiney, but as a parent ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that poses injury or injures/damages my children is not only fare game for retribution, it is just about guaranteed to bring about retribution from my end. If I had a child that bought drugs and who was caused harm by said drugs, I would leave no stone left unturned to find and prosecute to the full extent my Vengeance upon them. Sure my child might have a part to play by deciding to purchase said drugs and supporting the practice etc, but is it also not implicit upon the seller of said drugs to ensure under the 'moral contract' with your ethical free society , that said drugs will not cause them ( the purchaser) harm ? And if it does cause the purchaser harm, should they (the dealers) not expect the consequences over and above the effects upon their business model ?

Surgically removed belly button with entrails in tow, nailed to a large tree, cattle prod applied to Scrotum and Anus from behind, while said dealer in harm is chased about the tree until self disembowelment is achieved and then left for the birds and other hungry critters to finish off.... On a good day.

Call it equally immoral behaviour if you like, but I personally do not trust the 'system' to equally share the legal implications. Somebody who has $millions at their disposal to spend on defense counsel on their behalf V a user of their product, in the very very unlikely event that the Big Guy ever faces a trial is not even close to a fair match, let alone equal.

Like any other dangerous product, if it's legal then the seller has certain obligations to the buyer to ensure the quality and to ensure that there is sufficient understanding of the risks associated with their product. People will still be people, however, and strap cardboard wings to their arms and try to fly by jumping off a roof or try to eat iPods.

The only good tax is a repealed tax.

#37 2017-02-28 17:14:54

mmm....shiney!
Silver Stacker
Trades :   102 
Website

southerncross wrote:

A faulty legal system exists whether drugs are decriminalised or not.

Edit to add: ie problems with a bloated legal system are a separate issue.

Last edited by mmm....shiney! (2017-02-28 20:54:07)

The woolgrower's target shall be the good thriving of his flock and its pastures, and so of himself and those whose livelihoods depend on his enterprise.
"The Woolgrower's Companion", 1906.

#38 2017-02-28 19:11:50

Roswell Crash Survivor
Silver Stacker

southerncross wrote:

Got any actual proof that Le Pen is backed by the Ruskies or is this yet another Fake News leftist myth ?

Here she is admitting it on camera, filmed by RT. She is speaking French, naturally.

How about the admission by the Treasurer of her National Front party?

http://europe.newsweek.com/frances-fron … 6999?rm=eu

Newsweek wrote:

France's nationalist Front National took out a €9 million loan from a Moscow-based First Czech Russian Bank, the party's treasurer told French radio on Monday.

Even Fox News covered this.

Fox News wrote:

"French far right short on funds. Can Russia help, again?"

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12/31 … again.html

#39 2017-02-28 19:45:47

Jislizard
Silver Stacker
Trades :   57 

Qld Energy Minister Mark Bailey deletes private email account

Queensland's Energy Minister Mark Bailey says he deleted his private email account — used for secret correspondence with a union boss — because he thought that's what the Premier wanted him to do.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa … faf3ae87b1

From the comments section

Typical unionist behaviour!  Go Pauline....we've had enough of these crooks running the show.

ANOTHER REASON TO  VOTE FOR OUR PAULINE

Now stacking: World Junk Silver Coins.
Swap your older, worn, dirty fractional silver coins for fiat, .999 rounds or legal tender. 
Individual coins, mixed lots or bulk. 
Not looking for Australian, bent, holed or damaged coins, thanks!

#40 2017-02-28 20:43:53

jnkmbx
Trades :   
Website

southerncross wrote:

Here she is admitting it on camera, filmed by RT. She is speaking French, naturally.

How about the admission by the Treasurer of her National Front party?

http://europe.newsweek.com/frances-fron … 6999?rm=eu

Newsweek wrote:

France's nationalist Front National took out a €9 million loan from a Moscow-based First Czech Russian Bank, the party's treasurer told French radio on Monday.

Even Fox News covered this.

Fox News wrote:

"French far right short on funds. Can Russia help, again?"

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12/31 … again.html

The media is trying to use "Russia" as a negative connotation. Banks lend money, big deal.
You're using words like "admitting" and "admission" to try and imply that Le Pen is "owning up" to something negative. Do you work for the press? tongue

They are being transparent about a _loan_.
"We asked everyone for a loan, lenders from Spain, Italy, the US, Asia and Russia," Le Pen added."

Let's be realistic here: Unless you have "grass roots" supporters donating great sums of money like during Bernie's campaign, a loan with some bank is necessary and is better than getting donations from lobbyists and special interests. In western countries, lending to a far-right party can give a bank bad press.
It's best to go to somewhere that doesn't give a toss about SJWs and their concerns.

"If you can't bone it, you don't own it" @_@
Tin Foil Hat Brigade Member

Successful trades with: Ben Bernanke, Con, Poochie, Osama, Masataka Shimizu, Alan Kohler, Alyssa Bustamante and the Scat Man (Ski Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop!)

The following 2 users say thank you for this post: southerncross, mmm....shiney!

#41 2017-03-02 18:43:27

alor
Silver Stacker
Trades :   39 

Hear Say See -> N o t h i n g
May this stacking hobby be my blessing smile

#42 2017-03-06 03:34:36

alor
Silver Stacker

http://www.rt.com/news/379545-hollande-le-pen-france/

In an interview with several European newspapers, outgoing French President Francois Hollande said that his "ultimate duty" before leaving office is to prevent Le Pen from winning the upcoming presidential election in France.
The interview was published in Le Monde, La Stampa, the Guardian, La Vanguardia, Suddeutsche Zeitung, and Gazeta Wyborcza.

"My ultimate duty is to make sure that France is not won over by such a program, and that France does not bear such a heavy responsibility," Hollande emphasized.

Hollande added that the "threat" of a Le Pen victory "exists," because "the far right haven't had such high level [of support] for the past 30 years," Le Monde reported.

The vote on April 23, as well as on May 7, will "determine not only the path of our country, but also the future of Europe and the way that it's built."

"For if the candidate of the National Front wins, she will immediately start a process of exit from the eurozone and even from the European Union," Hollande warned, noting that this is a key element in populist rhetoric.

"It is the goal of all the populists, wherever they are: To leave Europe, to close the world and to imagine a future surrounded by barriers of all kinds and borders defended by watchtowers," he said.

Hollande also said that the "euphoria" of financial markets following Donald Trump's presidential victory is "very premature."

#43 2017-03-06 03:41:23

JulieW
Silver Stacker

I have this strange feeling of deja vu.

lol

Last edited by JulieW (2017-03-06 03:42:37)

The following user says thank you for this post: southerncross

#44 2017-03-06 05:07:59

Court Jester
Silver Stacker
Trades :   41 

so the question is shoud I put $50 on her winning the election.

I sure as hell wont make a bet with that spineless welcher Roswell Crash Survivor

sports bet has her @ $3.25:$1

Last edited by Court Jester (2017-03-06 05:09:29)

<--------------------------------------------------------- SIDEWAYS --------------------------------------------------------->
quote=sammysilver 25/10/13  ----- PMs will drive silver to over $30 by Christmas with the GSR dropping to sub 50. I've overextended myself at sub $24 but will keep buying up to $30 then sell half my stack at Easter at $36 and buy up on the next dip if there is one.
Running Telly of incorrect to correct Predictions by SammySilver -- 7:1 as of 10/08/16

#45 2017-03-06 05:31:26

willrocks
Silver Stacker

Is Le Pen mightier than the sword?

"You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

The following user says thank you for this post: mmm....shiney!

#46 2017-03-06 08:48:32

alor
Silver Stacker

the sword turned to particles when it touches her skin tongue

#47 2017-03-06 17:29:21

Roswell Crash Survivor
Silver Stacker

willrocks wrote:

Le glaive ou Le sabre?

Last edited by Roswell Crash Survivor (2017-03-06 21:55:14)

#48 2017-03-07 04:03:28

willrocks
Silver Stacker

willrocks wrote:

Le glaive ou Le sabre?

Le épée

#49 2017-03-14 21:58:12

Skyrocket
Silver Stacker
Trades :   36 

I foretell Le Pen will win the French election, then France will leave the EU and go back to franc currency, then French people will fear the franc being undervalued compared to the Euro and many will rush to buy physical PMs.

The following user says thank you for this post: gingham69

Board footer